main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW Movies?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by driley, May 7, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Already-Turned

Already-Turned Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 13, 2001
    RE: POTA..... I thought I heard on a radio article ages ago that maybe there were going to be intimate if not love scenes with the hero and an ape!!

Walberg, aka Dirk Diggler.... whats happened to you, are you now Alan Animalistic???

I'm not sure about this though.

Maybe I've been on the farm too long.......?

2. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Slightly pissed off with the folks at Greater Union for ruining Shrek for me.

I took my nephews to see the movie today. I arrived at 11:15 for the 11:15 session. They sold me tickets for the 12:15 session, but I didn't realise. I went to the screening room entrance, had my tickets cut, and was directed to screening room #1 by one of the teeny-bopper ushers who was chatting to another teeny-bopper usher. What they had done was sent us to a 10:15 session of Shrek that was still playing (when I entered the theater it was already half way through). So we sat down, thinking we were late, and I eventually realised what had happened when it looked like the movie would be ending pretty soon. So I explained what had happened to the usher, she refered me to the box office, who in turn refered me to the usher once again. In the end I got to see Shrek in its entirity. And it was good. Nice to hear the parents in the audience laughing at the jokes their kiddies didn't get. ;)

3. slaveone_2

slaveone_2 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 1, 2001
    Shrek's a great movie ain't it?

4. Uruk-hai

Uruk-hai Jedi Youngling star 5

Oct 26, 2000
    Visually, Shrek was fantastic. Storywise it was a bit so-so. Jokewise it was good, but that Eddie Murphy donkey character got on my nerves after a bit.

The kids laughed their heads off at anything that was remotely disgusting so it was a big hit with them.

I'm looking forward to POTA but I doubt I'll see it for a while - we only just saw The Mummy Returns 2 weeks ago. Was it just me or did it have THE worst water special effects you've ever seen?

The other two films I can't wait to see are LOTR - Fellowship of the Ring and of course EP2.

5. AdmiralZaarin

AdmiralZaarin Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2001
    Pearl Harbour was the best non 007/SW movie I have ever seen.
    Shrek sucked, apart from some really funny bits like the Robin Hood fight thing. Hehehe...Matrix!

6. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Nov 27, 2000
    Shrek is a kid's movie. You can't critique it for it's indepth character development and intricate plot. Just go see it and laugh at the funny stuff. :)

7. mauls-menace

mauls-menace Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    AZ you liked Pearl Harbor? Oh well, each to his own I suppose. As I've said the effects are great but it is the most cliched war movie I have ever seen. I think Tora, Tora, Tora was a far better telling of the events of Pearl Harbor both leading up to and on that fateful day.

By the way, I haven't seen Shrek yet got called into work instead so Shrek's on hold for now.

8. AdmiralZaarin

AdmiralZaarin Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2001
    Tora, Tora, Tora! was more accurate (and cool), but I thought the effects and the battle were cooler.

9. slaveone_2

Jul 1, 2001
    There was only one good bit in Pearl Harbour and that was when the cork hit him in the nose, and he's pouring the wine looking as if it's okay when there's blood dripping all over the place

10. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Nov 27, 2000
    Oh thanks for spoiling the movie for me!!! :p

11. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    You cannot spoil that film, it really is a waste of three hours, it's just like titanic where the main plot gets snubbed by the love story, and that ruins the film for anyone who isn't a teeny bopper and actually believes in all that sort of met her today / married tomorrow / kids in 8 months 30 days type thing.

12. Dsource

Dsource Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2000
    Geez man, sorry you didnt want ya life story played out like that for everyone to see...
    Didnt you get them to cut out the 2 hours of your school life tho?
    :p

13. Teknobabel

Jun 4, 2000
    Sorry but the effects in pearl harbour did suck, since when have you seen a 1940's battleship with an aegis billboard radar? it's not like they couldn't have changed the outline, if you want a war movie you'll have to wait for Enemy At The Gates to come out, one of my friends has already got it on DivX ( dunno how) and he hasn't stopped watching since he got it.

14. mauls-menace

Dec 23, 2000
    Yeah I can't wait to see Enemy at the Gates either. I've heard some good things about it. The only ifyyy part is there's supposed to be a love triangle in that one as well.

15. Uruk-hai

Uruk-hai Jedi Youngling star 5

Oct 26, 2000
    I'm looking forward to Enemy at the Gates as well.

I know what you mean about the love triangle, the battle of Stalingrad was so terrible, I hope they don't cheapen it by making it a predictable sob story. With that being said though, there were quite a lot of women in the front lines on the Russian side during WW2.

16. Ben_Skywalker

Ben_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 20, 2001
    is it for you guys that 'enemy at the gates' isnt out yet or u just havent seen it? i havent seen it yet but it went in and out of the theaters a couple weeks ago...my australian friend watched it and said it was kick a$$...

17. Teknobabel

Jun 4, 2000
    At the moment, the big movies doing the rounds in the advertising are evolution and FF, at least they finally released the new trailers for FF, that film is going to kick a$$ , but as i'm broke til thursday, i ca't see any of them, and besides, the release schedules are always screwed in sydney, if it is supposed to be out in one week, it'll probably be out the week after

18. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    im also waiting for Atlantis, the new Disney one. looks GREAT!

But the reason for this post: the Spiderman teaser!

IT ROCKS!!!!!!

i cant WAIT to see this film! if u are interested go to www.spidermanhype.com, they have good info on it.
    And www.movie-list.com has every trailer from the last year or so u could want, so head there and grab the trailer! It KICKS ASS!!!

19. Kalor_Voe

Kalor_Voe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2000
    I saw Enemy at the Gates in the US- it was great! Slightly different from the true story though, which was better. Rachel Weisz was great as usual, Jude Law is an awesome actor, and the opening scene was up there with Saving Private Ryan's (not in gore, but in effect).

20. Teknobabel

Jun 4, 2000
    I know i'm going to have to see it, the trailer looks absolutely fantastic, why can't hollywood release all over the world at once?

21. mauls-menace

Dec 23, 2000
    Just had alook at the Spider-Man Teaser, WOW!! :eek:

Can't wait to see it, hopefully it will be out in Oz before EP2.

22. Sith-Gecko

Sith-Gecko Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    We saw Evolution today. Now THAT rocked! And seeing David Duchovny's butt ... [face_devil] :cool:
    Really funny film ... really funny, without getting too corny. And a nice warped sense of humour about it, too.
    Go see! I demand that you all see it!

23. slaveone_2

Jul 1, 2001
    I saw evolution on my computer the other day, you know the one where you can hear the people laughing in the background :). Still looking for the guy thats taking my sunday newspaper and for Enemy At The Gates.

24. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Nov 27, 2000
    Plenty of movies I want to see. Evolution is one of em. The Final Fantasy commercials are rolling in by the bucket load and they've got me interested. I still haven't seen Moulin Rouge (maes would probably kill me for saying that). Tomb Raider's another one I'm curious about. JP3 isn't far off either.

25. Sith-Gecko

Sith-Gecko Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    My Dad saw JP3 at a preview at Weta yesterday night, said it MORE than made up for how much TLW sucked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.