main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary Movies

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by echosevin, Aug 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nobodyfresh

nobodyfresh Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2007
    I watched this movie called Star Wars the other day and I got say it was pretty good... yup it was a lil bit of alright.

2. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Hey I watched this one called return of the jedi and it was pretty good too. Might even watch it again it's that good.

3. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    DO NOT go see Awake. It sucked HARD. Hayden was easy on the eyes, but the story was lame. Not even a story.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Jumper!! I think he's better suited to action flicks :)

4. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Watched The Golden Compass and Beowulf in IMAX 3-D this weekend. TGC was really cool - great graphics! Made me want to read the books. I want a daemon!!

Beowulf was spectacular! The 3-D was awesome - story was on the simple side and sometimes funny but really enjoyable.

There's a midnight show for I AM LEGEND on Thursday night....am thinking of going....[face_thinking]

5. darth-paul-

darth-paul- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2004
    We (me and my family) recently saw Bee Movie and Enchanted.

Bee movie was good. It was way over the top and totally unbeelievable. Good for kids.

Enchanted was great. It took stuff from the classic Disney movies. Great for kids and for adults. The rats cleaning the bathroom was good. Good date movie or chick-flick.

6. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Saw the midnight show of I AM LEGEND last night - wow!! Really good. Not at all what I was expecting. I'd recommnend the IMAX - gorgeous picture quality. Flawless, really. And there was a 6 min long trailer for The Dark Knight - HOLY CR*P! FANTASTIC!!! It was the ENTIRE IMAX screen -not sure if it's playing with the regular shows. Might be exclusive to IMAX.

Next on the list is Sweeny Todd.

7. nobodyfresh

Jun 8, 2007
    I watched Underdog today and wow Jason will whore himself out to anyone who will put him in a movie now... but My Name is Earl is still awesome.

8. Thoneon

Thoneon Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2007
    hey i just whached bayowolf this month it was good nice 3d animation alot beter than skycapten and the wold of tomorow

9. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Did you guys see this??!!!

http://atasteforthetheatrical.com/deathtrap/default.htm

10. nobodyfresh

Jun 8, 2007
    Looks awesome!!! I hope the Joker wins this time.

11. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    DON'T go see National Treasure: Book of Secrets. While the first one was moderately entertaining, the sequel suffers from a non-existant plot and mediocre action sequences. I was bored watching it :rolleyes:

But...

Sweeny Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street was a joy to watch! I don't usually enjoy musicals (they put me to sleep), but this one kept me very entertained and interested. Having never seen the play, or known much about the story, I went in kinda blind (other than having seen the commercial with Depp which is what got me interested in seeing the movie). Depp really sells it - you can literally see the intensity and madness in his eyes. Burton's Victorian London backdrops are a feast for the eyes - really well done!=D=

Next on the list is Juno and AVP:R.

12. ShatirLavan

ShatirLavan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    AVP:R is a very fun movie. By no means a good movie like Aliens, but it certainly beats Paul Anderson's AVP. While it takes too many liberties with Predator canon for my taste, in terms of hunting strategies mostly, "Wolf" does have quite a few cool gadgets that would rival Q branch, and works well as a clean-up agent. The Brothers Strause do seem to take a lot of material from the other movies, perhaps too much for it just to be an homage. I did enjoy the nod to Yutani though.

13. LEXIAL

LEXIAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2004
    I totally want to see AVP R - we will be seeing it next weekend!
    I so can't wait !!!!! [face_dancing]

14. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    I thought AVP:R was alright. Didn't really deserve it's 18A rating - there's wasn't enough carnage. Definitely better the than the first AVP, but not great. The fight at the end was WAY too short. It was cool to get a sneak peek at the Predator homeworld though.

Bring on FANBOYS!!!

15. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    I was able to see 2 movies yesterday: AvP-R and I am Legend (IMAX).

AvP-R: not too bad! I wish more of the fighting was visible, and not totally hidden in the dark. Also, is Wolf's ship still in orbit, self-destructed, or auto-piloted back to the homeworld?

I am Legend: I would have thought that after 3 years, a military man would have either set up MUCH better defences, or relocated to a much more secure location, other than the basement of his house. Like, that aircraft carrier, if it was clear. And his wife's helicopter pilot - just sitting there while that other helicopter came at him; they had time to maneuver clear. Ahhh....anyway, still a fun movie. And The Dark Knight trailer was cool, too.

16. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Just spotted this online:

In a Happy New Year's message to fans on his official website, Transformers director Michael Bay wrote:

For the millions of viewers that logged on this year I want to thank you for the support. Transformers 2 will be coming soon. The new robots are really really unique and there are a lot of them this time.

Paramount/DreamWorks is planning a June 26, 2009 release for Transformers 2. Transformers was the third-biggest film of 2007 domestically with $319.2 million and fifth-biggest worldwide in 2007 with $706.5 million.

Yay!!![face_dancing] [face_dancing]

17. darth-paul-

Jan 9, 2004
    Is anyone planning on seeing Cloverfield on the 18th? There is a new trailer out for it. I can't wait to see it.

The first trailer was released with Transformers.

Darth Paul

18. StacyD

StacyD Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 6, 2006
    I want to see Cloverfield ASAP. It looks to be an extremely fun time indeed. Nothing kicks off 2008 better than a giant monster rampaging through New York, does it? ;)

Stacy

19. darth-paul-

Jan 9, 2004
    Did anyone see Cloverfield yet? I am going to see it sometime this week.

Darth Paul

20. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Saw it lastnight and it is really good but if you get motion sickness easy be prepared as it's a handy cam view for the whole movie. Other then that it was great and if your a Trek fan there is a teaser trailer for the new movie before it.

21. Jedi_Ranger_007

Mar 15, 2004
    Sweet! I think my favorite part of this though is......"there are a lot of them this time"! Saaaawwweeeeeeetttttt!!!!!

22. ShatirLavan

ShatirLavan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    I saw Cloverfield last night. Totally awesome. If you haven't seen it yet, I won't spoil it, but be sure to watch the ocean during the long shot of Coney Island. You'll see what I mean.

But more importantly than that...Heath Ledger died!
    What does it mean for The Dark Knight?

23. darth-paul-

Jan 9, 2004
    From what I have heard, principal shooting has already been completed. Dark knight should be out as planned.

Darth Paul

24. Jedi_Ranger_007

Mar 15, 2004
    One less celebrity for promotional purposes.

25. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    I just read that Guillermo Del Toro (director of such fantastic films as Hellboy and Pan's Labrynth) is rumoured to be directing the Hobbit - and it's sequel (still not sure what that would be). Apparently he and Jackson will be working closely on the script and Guillermo will be directing it. His work is visually stunning so this is really good news in my books :D

Wow - I wonder what SMAUG will look like??!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.