main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary Movies

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by echosevin, Aug 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShatirLavan

ShatirLavan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    I'm very excited about this news. I'm expecting Ron Perlman and Doug Jones to have roles. I could definitely see Ron doing the voice of Smaug, and perhaps play one of the dwarves as well.

2. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Official WB Press Release on Two Part Movie of "Harry Potter and Deathly Hallows"

Warner Brothers has now issued their formal press release on making Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in two films. Following on what we reported yesterday, Warner Brothers confirm again that David Yates will direct both films, marking the first time any one director will helm more than two releases in the Harry Potter film franchise, with Steve Kloves to continue on as screenwriter and David Heyman and David Barron to produce.

As reported previously, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part one and Two will be filmed at the same time, beginning production in February of 2009, with ?Deathly Hallows: Part One? to be released in movie theaters November of 2010, and Part Two due May 2011.

I'M SO EXCITED!! YAY!!!![face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

3. DarthJaeger

DarthJaeger Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2005
    Awesome!

It's a shame they didn't go this route with Order of the Phoenix! That flick was nearly incomprehensable if you didn't read the book!

4. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Did you guys see the new Ironman pics up on Superhero Hype?!! Freakin' awesome!!

I'm not that familiar with the comic, but from what I've seen so far, this movie is going to be amazing!!!

5. jacksonfett

jacksonfett Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2008
    Iron man looks freaking awsome TONY STARK is a great character he's a rich cocky Ahole. thats a superhero!..

6. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Check out these pics from AICN of Heath Ledger, from The Dark Knight - WICKED!!!

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/36257

7. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    New Transformers 2 news:

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4663&Itemid=99

DEVASTATOR!!!

8. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Watched Run Fatboy! Run! last week. Was pretty good. Funny yet endearing. I love Simon Pegg![face_love]

9. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Forgetting Sarah Marshall is a funny flick - I have new respect for Jason Segel. He so fun to watch! And I find it to be 'smarter' (if that's the right word) than most comedies of this genre.

Also took in The Forbidden Kingdon with Jet Li and Jackie Chan last week. Fairly simple story, kind of a fairy tale. The action scenes were great (the fight between Li and Chan was so COOL!!!), and who knew that Jet Li could be so funny??!!

Yahoo movies has some great pics of the new HULK movie coming out this June - so sweet! I'm actually more excited for this than I am for Indy 4.

Iron Man tomorrow night - woohoo!!

10. StacyD

StacyD Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 6, 2006
    Speaking as a huge superhero comicbook nerd and an action movie fan, I think Iron Man is going to kick off the summer movie season with some serious butt-kicking. Can't wait! [face_dancing]

~StacyD

11. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    IRON MAN is magnificent!! Truly busted every preconceived notion I had. Saw it twice last night and it was SPECTACULAR!! RD Jr. OWNS the role.

I liked it better than Batman Begins....yes, it's that good!

12. DarthJaeger

May 10, 2005
    Iron Man kicked a$$ and took names! Saw it at the premiere on Wednesday, check out the blog for my review.

13. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Justin - just to let you know, the theatre didn't purposely 'cut' the end of the film. It was given to them that way. I know for a fact that, at 1 AM on Wednesday night/Thursday morning, a fellow from the studio came in and replaced the 7th reels for every print we had. And the teaser at the end IS there :D We saw it last night (I viewed the digital and 35mm prints, just to be sure).

I know you'll see it again. I highly recommend the digital version (auditorium #4 at Chinook)- it's flawless!

14. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    Chinook has a digital theatre? Why was this not bigger news? This is awesome.

15. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    Most of the major theaters upgraded one of the theaters Hanna Montana 3d movie came out. I know Silver City and Sunridge announced they upgraded as well as Chinook. It wasn't really a big thing that was announced as most people wouldn't care like we do.

16. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    We got a 'used' digital projector back in January (a new one costs over $100,000), and they ran a few test prints (Fool's Gold and The Bucket List) for a couple of months. Honestly, the average movie goer does not see the difference, but it really IS HUGE. I've been pimping it ever since it came in. It's the same price as a regular movies (some places charge more but at this time, we're not). It is in one of the smaller capacity theatres (seats 191) but if you get the chance (especially with movies like Iron Man), do take advantage of the digital.

Neil and I are going to see the 7PM show tomorrow night - you're welcome to join us:)

17. DarthJaeger

May 10, 2005
    Thanks Yrol!

I was utterly perplexed when the scene I knew to be in the flick turned out not to be! I could only guess that the projectionist made a mistake!

18. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    There was a Hannah Montana 3D movie? How come nobody tells me these things!

Cool about the digital projector. Is it obvious on the ticket kiosk if the showing you select is a digital print? If lots of theatres have invested in digital, that bodes very well for Star Wars 3D.

I will try to make it to the 7:00 show. I'll call you later.

19. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    No - for some reason, it's not advertised (but I think it might be mentioned as a sidebar on the website). And unfortunately, not many of the kids working there know either (I just happen to be a huge movie nerd, so I make sure to look this stuff up or ask about it).

Hopefully we'll see you tonight :)

20. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    SPEED RACER....is not for everyone.

But it was for me! Brilliant effects make this movie really POP. They've done what they set out to do. Make a live action version of the cartoon.

The story is pretty simple (as were the plots in the cartoon) and the action is frenetic. The race scenes were unbelievably cool!!

It's too bad it's getting a bad rep - because I really enjoyed it. It's a wonderful work of art.

21. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Empire theatres (North and South) are hosting midnight showings of Indy 4 tomorrow night (for those interested).
    For some reason, Cineplex isn't ?????:confused:

22. darth-paul-

darth-paul- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2004
    Is there going to be a group going? I would like to go as a group for the midnight showing.

darth paul

23. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    I'm out as I have to work until 11:30 tomorrow night. I believe JediRanger was really interested in going...

24. StacyD

Feb 6, 2006
    Damn you Cineplex!

I work until 10:00pm so a midnight show would suit me to the ground.

Empire 16 in Country Hills might make for the better bet. A group outing might be considerable fun. Thoughts?

~StacyD

25. StacyD

Feb 6, 2006
    Okay, so both myself and my brother Dooks are heading to the midnight show at Empire 16 in Country Hills. DarthPaul, if you're up for it we can meet you there and line up a little after ten. I know JediRanger is interested in coming as well. Anyone else want in? :)

~StacyD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.