main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Movies . . .

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Kitt327, Aug 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    The new star trek movie seems a bit far fetched to me janeway an adrmiral before picard wtf

2. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000

Star Trek: Voyager Spoilers:
    Janeway is made an admiral at the end of the series when Voyager gets back to Earth, which we haven't seen here yet.

More worrying is that they're planning to make a new Mad Max movie. :eek:

3. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    I seem to remember Kirk telling Picard to never take a promotion in Generations.

4. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

From ScFi.com ...
    Ford Signs On Indy IV
    Steven Spielberg confirmed to Access Hollywood that Harrison Ford is on board for a fourth Indiana Jones movie and that production is slated to start in 2004 for a 2005 release, according to a report on the Zap2it Web site. For his part, Ford has repeatedly said he would be willing to reprise his most famous role only if the script met his approval.

But Spielberg told Access Hollywood's Pat O'Brien that the new script is written and has been approved, and that he will direct the project himself.

:)

5. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Geez, they can't do anything original these days ...
    As promised, Yahoo Movies! has placed the trailer for X-Men 2 on their website for downloading. Fans of the ComicCon trailer will recognize Holtz's The Planets and most of the images in it, but there are also new things to see: the X-Jet in action, Mystique sliding across the floor, Wolverine in Alkali Base searching for a clue as to his origins. It's one minute, forty-seven seconds of anticipation summed up in four words: "The war has begun."
    That last bit sounds VERY familiar - they probably even have Wolverine say it in a Yoda-like voice. [face_plain]

Edit: Nope. I've just seen a trailer on Entertainment Tonight and it's Magneto that says it.

6. Lil_Lisa

Lil_Lisa Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    Finally. The first movie didn't even have a bloody ending!!

7. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

I've just seen a promo advert on TV2 ...
    Coming Soon: The Indianna Jones Trilogy

All three Indy movies are going to be played "soon". :)

8. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    w00t

Can't wait for the new Indy PC game too.

9. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    w00t double.

10. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    YAY!

*does a happy dance*

11. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Okely dokely, here's the dates/times for the Indiana Jones Trilogy ...
    Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark
    TV2, 7:30pm, Sunday, 5 January

Indiana Jones: The Temple of Doom
    TV2, 7:30pm, Sunday, 12 January

Indiana Jones: The Last Crusade
    TV2, 7:30pm, Sunday, 19 January

12. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    All widescreen too. :cool:

*stocks up on blank vids* :D

13. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Here's a couple of rumors about more movie sequels ...
    Men In Black III Mulled
    Columbia Pictures is looking to re-team Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones in a third installment in its Men in Black film franchise, TV Guide Online reported. "The studio wants one," producer Walter Parkes told the site. "We're trying to figure out the auspices of it and what to do to freshen that franchise up a little bit."

Men in Black II grossed about $190 million domestically, but Parkes doesn't deny that the sequel was disappointing creatively. "It was a heartbreaking thing," he said. "There were many disagreements among the different principals, and what came out was not a movie worthy of the franchise."

Director Barry Sonnenfeld earlier told TV Guide Online that producers made him a nervous wreck during much of the sequel's shoot. "[My health was] compromised by the fear and tension and anxiety that was put on me by everyone being nervous that the movie wasn't going to make any money," the director said. "I'll never be OK as long as I live."

Will Parkes look for a new director? "Oh, I'm not getting into that," Parkes said with a wink. "That I don't know."

Starship 2 In Works?
    Starship Troopers star Casper Van Dien told fans on his official Web site message board that a direct-to-video sequel may be in the works. "They may do a SST 2, with [the first film's creature visual effects supervisor Phil] Tippet set to direct," Van Dien posted. The film would mark longtime F/X guru Tippett's directorial debut.

But Van Dien, who played Johnny Rico in the first movie, added that he hasn't been asked to return. The sequel would star Clancy Brown, who played Sgt. Zim in the first film, Van Dien said. "I talked with Ed Neumeier (the writer)," he added. "It is a confirmed maybe. So far I am not involved in that."

14. ACERIMMERROCKS

May 25, 2001
    If anyone has not seen the movie Kung Pow go rent it now its the best spoof ive ever seen better than spaceballs.

the whole movie is a jap fighting movie and the main dude has been blue screened over with the main actor its so hilerous expecially the cow fighting.

15. ACERIMMERROCKS

May 25, 2001
    If anyone has not seen the movie Kung Pow go rent it now its the best spoof ive ever seen better than spaceballs.

the whole movie is a jap fighting movie and the main dude has been blue screened over with the main actor its so hilerous expecially the cow fighting.

16. ACERIMMERROCKS

May 25, 2001

17. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Yesterday I thought I'd get out Lock Stock and Two Smokin Barrels and SNATCH. I saw these at the Hall of Residence at uni, but was half cut at the time and thought I would have missed a lot.

So, ended up getting 5 "8-day" movies for $10. Not a Bad deal at all!

1/ Lock Stock and Two Smokin Barrels

2/ SNATCH

3/ The Boondock Saints

4/ Stickmen

5/ Man on the Moon

Lock Stock was great. SNATCH is now my fav. movie. The Boondock Saints was as good as lock stock. Stickmen was cool and the Man on the Moon was just... strange.

Anyone seen "Being John Malcovich"? That movie was very much WTF?! ?[face_plain] Man on the moon is nothing like "being john" but it is also a WTF?! ?[face_plain] movie.

Jim Carry stars and it's quite odd, to say the least.

Highly recommend Lock Stock... SNATCH and Stickmen, if you can handle a bit of bad language, gun fights and in Stickmen some sex scenes.

These movies should keep me going for the week. :p

18. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    Being John Malkovich was really weird :).

19. SimplyThrilledHoney

SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    The best film I've seen in the last few months is Michael Moore's "Bowling For Columbine", currently screening at the Rialto in Newmarket, Auckland. It's a 2 hour long documentary about the slaying at Columbine High School in '99, and the gun laws in the USA. Hard to believe, but it's an incredibly funny and moving film (although quite disturbing) and offers some interesting analysis of the American psyche.

Michael Moore is a US writer and filmmaker who made a fantastic documentary about his hometown in the late 80s called "Roger and Me". He also made a couple of very funny TV shows called "TV Nation" and "The Awful Truth".

A few funny things from the film ....

A bank{/b] in the USA which is also a licensed gun dealer, and who give you a free hunting rifle when you open an account. As Michael Moore points out, "err .... isn't handing out guns in a bank kinda stupid?"

The brother of Terry Nichols (the _other_ guy convicted for the Oklahoma bombings) who, in all seriousness, says "The pen is mightier than the sword. Which is why I choose to use the pen. Although it's always a good idea to keep a sword handy for when the pen fails. Which is why I keep a loaded .44 under my pillow."

Well worth a watch ... don't let the fact that it is a documentary put you off ... it's one of the funniest and most interesting films I've seen in years.

Lawrence

20. ACERIMMERROCKS

May 25, 2001
    Rented out Kung Pow on dvd this is the greatest spoof film ever made greater than spaceballs.

its a jap martial arts film with the main actor blue screened out to be replaced with an american actor. then the whole thing is voiced over outa sink with the actors mouths.

fav scence the cg cow vs the chosen one matrix fight. The scene where the chosen one fights the one breasted chick

fav quotes

town mayor= "Master Pain its an honour to have you beating random people in our city expecially that guy."

Master Pain= "From now one you all shall refer to me by the name betty." chosen one= "but isnt betty a womans name."

Narater= " at that moment the chosen one learned a very important leason iron claws hurt like ***p man!"

chosen one= "ill take a pound of nuts" shop keeper= "thats alot of nuts!"

21. SimplyThrilledHoney

May 19, 2002
    gee Ace ... thanks for sharing that with us FOUR times! :)

"King-Pow" sounds a lot like a copy/spoof of the mid-60's Woody Allen film "What's Up Tiger Lily?", where he took an Asian film and then dubbed American voices over it, completely changing the plot in the process. The Lovin' Spoonful wrote the soundtrack for the film, and if memory serves me right the phrase "Kung Pow" actually appears in the lyrics or title of one of the songs.

[image=http://www.blaxploitation.com/images/cover_gifs/cover_tiger_lily.gif]

So, yeah, I'm sure it's funny, but probably not that original ...

22. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    pisst, STH, run out of "Lawrence"'s did ya?

I'll loan ya one for that last post :p

Lawrence

PS: there ya go ;) :D

23. SimplyThrilledHoney

May 19, 2002
    yeah, I need to go back to North Shore Hospital with my birth certificate to pick up some new ones. Cheers for the loan.

24. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    No worries.

I can only loan 1 a day - so you immediately above post will have to suffer.

Sorry. :p

25. ACERIMMERROCKS

May 25, 2001
    probobly is but itsnot exactly the same cause of the blue screen and cg and wat not

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.