main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Movies . . .

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Kitt327, Aug 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SimplyThrilledHoney

SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    hey Buzz-Bumble, the the rumors are true, you can audition for the role of Bumblebee.

2. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000

:D

IF a live-action movie ever does get made it'll either be 90% CGI or some rubbish where the Transformers find human friends to help them - either way it'll be rubbish. :(

And talking of rubbish movies ...
    New Leap, Tremors On SCI FI
    The SCI FI Channel, which is now a part of Universal Television Group, is developing a number of original series and films based on existing Universal titles, the network announced. SCI FI will develop a two-hour movie based on the TV series Quantum Leap, which will also serve as a back-door pilot for a possible series. Series creator Don P. Bellisario will executive produce.

SCI FI will also develop a one-hour action series based on the Tremors series of movies, which will be scheduled for a January 2003 premiere. The films' creators, executive producers Nancy Roberts, Brent Maddock and S.S. Wilson, will work with series executive producer David Israel.

"Projects such as Quantum Leap and Tremors are exactly why SCI FI is excited about being part of the Universal family," said SCI FI president Bonnie Hammer in a statement. "We have an opportunity to access the rich Universal library?which includes a vast array of horror and sci-fi titles?to create new television experiences for a contemporary audience."

An "updated" Knight Rider, Battlestar Galactica, and Quantum Leap - either TV is going to get MUCH better or MUCH worse ... and I know which one it'll probably be after seeing the other attempts like Scooby DON'T and Charlie's Angels. :(

3. damolay

damolay Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    Saw Blade II today.

Kicks lily white arse.

About the same as Blade, maybe even better.
    Lots & lots of action.

GO SEE IT

4. damolay

damolay Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    Saw Blade II today.

Kicks lily white arse.

About the same as Blade, maybe even better.
    Lots & lots of action.

GO SEE IT

DOUBLE POST

5. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    lucky he didn't see Police Acedemy 8 or there'd be 8 posts!

MAW GAWD!

I was wanting to see Blade before I see Blade II.

Perhaps I'll hire it out someday soon.

6. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Went to Chansplace's and Enapie's to watch DVD's

Saw Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

LOL @ SW jokes! - though strange movie!

also saw Zoolander.

also very odd movie.

if you like strange but funny movies - see either.

hehe

7. Lil_Lisa

Lil_Lisa Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    Jay & Silent Bob had too much profanities in it. :)

Loved the SW and sheep jokes. [face_laugh]

8. Darth_Graal

Darth_Graal Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2001
    well don't watch dogma, every second word jay says is a profanity! Good movie though!

9. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    But:

[image=http://www.ociojoven.com/images/varios/jay44.jpg] [image=http://www.emovies.co.nz/jayandsilentbob/pix1.jpg]

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm :D

10. SimplyThrilledHoney

May 19, 2002
    had a Movie-marathon on the weekend .... saw AOTC for the fifth time, and went to "Blade II" straight afterwards. I didn't think it was as good as the first one ... a lot more fighting and a whole lot less plot/wit. Actually, the whole film just felt like one big fight. Plus I had a moron next to me who talked to his girlfriend the whole way through the film. I ended up swearing at him and moving halfay through ...

Saw "The Cat's Miaow" last night ... starring the lovely Kirsten Dunst, mmmm. OK film, but a bit slow in places. Good cast though ....

Seven movies at the film festival next week too ... I'll be broke!

Lawrence

11. Darth_Graal

Nov 19, 2001
    Wow! I find it hard to sit still long enough for One movie! Impressive your powers of patience are!!

12. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Impressive his arse is.

[face_plain] Sounds dodgy, doesn't it? Bah! Oh well.

I wanna see Blade I before I see Blade II, but it was gone from the Lincoln Video Vault, so I got 15 minutes and The Postman

15 mins was GHEY! Not what I was expecting. Average film. (stars Robert De Niro)

The Postman, starring Kevin Costner, was a good film, though Dances with Wolves is far better. (Waterworld is third in a list of those three Costner films)

13. Darth_Graal

Nov 19, 2001
    you wee kevin costner fan you!
    Watched american pie 2 last night, very funny especially the "glue" incident.

14. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    I don't think I stayed awake long enough to remember what Dances with the Wolves was about. :)

Speaking of impressive arses... I thought AOTC was a bit too long. Two and a half hours, they could have at least cut out some of the love junk out of it. [face_plain]

But then Kitt might not like it as much. [face_plain] Just kidding.

15. Drake220

Drake220 Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2002
    In the latest SW homing beacon #69 there is a article about EP2 being released on IMAX

Episode II Coming to IMAX Theaters
    September 09, 2002

Size Matters Not -- Except on an IMAX Screen
    This holiday season, Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones will be bigger than ever. Lucasfilm Ltd., The IMAX Corporation and Twentieth Century Fox have announced that Episode II will be coming to IMAX theaters in the United States and Canada starting November 1, 2002.

This is not just the projection of the standard theatrical print on an IMAX screen -- the movie will undergo the revolutionary IMAX DMR (Digital Re-mastering) process, which enhances the quality of the image and soundtrack to the huge IMAX 15/70 format. This marks the first time IMAX DMR has been used to re-master a film that was digitally captured and created.

"Star Wars: Episode II The IMAX Experience will provide an entirely new way to experience the Star Wars universe," says Jim Ward, Vice President of Marketing for Lucasfilm. "For the first time, fans of Star Wars will be able to see all their favorite characters, environments, vehicles and droids in a setting that is up to eight stories high and over a hundred feet wide."

"The combination of Lucasfilm's innovative digital technology and the revolutionary, proprietary IMAX DMR technology will deliver the clear, crisp and sharp images and sound that IMAX theater-goers have grown to expect," says Richard L. Gelfond and Bradley J. Wechsler, Co-Chairmen and Co-CEOs for IMAX Corporation.

"You can't find a movie better suited for the IMAX format," adds Bruce Snyder, President, Domestic Distribution, Fox. "We are thrilled to bring this giant of a film to the giant IMAX screen."

Keep checking starwars.com in the coming weeks for more information about the IMAX release of Episode II.

Article thannks to www.starwars.com

16. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    Saw Harry Potter today :D, movie was good but I had to pay the full price which sucked. :(

EDIT// I might start reading the books too now. :)

17. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    I saw it on Thursday night.

They cut my favourite Snape moment!!!! :eek:

But it was really good, anyway :D

I'll definitely be seeing it again.

18. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Dark Horizons reported a rumor that creators of the hit animated TV series Spongebob Squarepants are readying a feature-film version of the show.

Hmmmm ... just as long as it's NOT live-action garbage. [face_plain]

19. Darth_Graal

Nov 19, 2001
    Saw harry Potter in Blenheim last weekend was great and was only $8 full price! :)
    Have read all the books now too, think the goblet of fire will make a great film if they ever do it.

A SPONGEBOB MOVIE!!!

Oh Boy!!

//singing//"Who lives in a pineapple under the sea....

20. SimplyThrilledHoney

May 19, 2002
    I also saw Harry Potter the other day. I was a bit diappointed ... I thought it was OK, but a very pedestrian interpretation of the book, compared to, say, Peter Jackson's LOTR. I'll be interested to see what the third film is like, as I think it is the best of the four, and also because Christopher Colombus _won't_ be directing.

So, does anyone think JK Rowling will actually finish the series? Sounds like there's some serious writer's block out there. The fifth book is waaaay overdue now. It sounds like the rich and content now, and doesn't have the drive and zeal she used to.

21. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    I saw Men In Black 2 on DVD today ... I'd heard it wasn't very good, so I gave it a skip at the theatre, but I enjoyed it a lot. It was just a fun popcorn ride, mixed with quirky humor, and some great imagination. Brings back a lot of fond memories of Ghostbusters and its sequel.

22. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Ask and you shall receive ...

Ghostbusters II
    Sunday, 8 December
    TV2, 12:00noon - 2:10pm.

:D

23. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    Cool!

If there's something strange ... in your neighbourhood ... who ya gonna call?

24. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Yoda! ;)

Here's the sci-fi movies next week ...

Pitch Black
    Sunday, 8 December
    TV2, 8:30pm - 10:40pm

Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
    Sunday, 8 December
    Prime TV, 8:30pm - 10:30pm
    (Followed by a repeat episode of the original Star Trek.)

Trapped in Space
    Wednesday, 11 December
    Prime TV, 9:25pm - 11:10pm

Jules Verne's Rocket to the Moon
    Thursday, 12 December
    Prime TV, 2:00pm - 4:00pm

And it must be School Holiday time again, TV3 are playing lunchtime movies for the kids, one of which is actually worth watching. :)

An American Tale
    Tuesday, 10 December
    TV3, 12:00noon - 2:00pm

25. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    I've been reading a lot of positive buzz about the newest Star Trek movie, which is coming out in the states on Friday.

I just read on IMDB that we won't be seeing it here until April next year. Seems a bit unfair ... reminds me of the old days when we'd be lucky to see a film 6 months after it was released in the states.

Hopefully that isn't the official date on IMDB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.