main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MOVIEUM - a possible meet-up soon??

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by Lord-Tice, Feb 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Hi gang,

It's been a while since we've actually had a good n' proper meet-up in London, and something's just come up which could well meet our needs and desires.
    Freelancer257 posted in the regional forum about a new museum attraction that's opened up at the South Bank, which is called the Movieum. Essentially it's a museum celebrating the British film industry and included in the exhibits is the Rebel Blockade runner set featured at CE.

The museum is open 7 days a week, 10-5 and will cost £8 each.

For now I propose we make the meet for either a Saturday or Sunday for around mid-to-late March. I need to try and work out when I'll have a Saturday/Sunday off work but for now let's see how many are game.

For more info on the museum, feel free to check-out the website: The Movieum

2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Will most likely end up going during the week.

I have not enough holiday in the year to get weekends off very much. The days I have I'm reserving for convention events and field trips.

But it certainly does look like a nice place.

3. Darth_Konikus

Darth_Konikus Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Let me know when you settle on a date. With the shifts I work I cant say yes or no untill I know the date. But it would be good to see yuou all again :)

4. Ramesh

Ramesh Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2000
    Not that I can make it from across the pond, but is anything being organised for Indy 4? I'm just curious.

5. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    At this stage I'd say we probably wont have anything planned for Indy 4. I rather suspect some cinemas will try and push for a midnight release for the film, but last time that happened with a Paramount film they said no. Chances are I'll be working during its release too, but it's early days yet **looks at calender and gulps** ;)

6. LadyPoison

LadyPoison Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2006
    ooh looks fun! Anyone fancy going on the 31st march or 1st or 2nd April? Pondering invading London for a few days :D

7. JediKnight_Veronna

JediKnight_Veronna Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 13, 2006
    sadly i dont forsee me going to this anytime soon as im going to be pretty busy over the next few months with work, setting wedding plans ect...so..*sighs*.. oh well hope you guys and gals have fun :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.