main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Movin' To Montana Soon

Discussion in 'Community' started by Mortimer Snerd, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Goceries

poor yorick likes this.
  2. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    water

poor yorick likes this.
  3. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Agreed. I tend to like threads on a discussion forum where stuff is actually, you know, discussed.

4. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I don’t know anything about that thread, or what it was, or what it became, or any of that.

But I can’t say I’m a fan of threads devolving into character assassination.

Unless it’s Bowen or BigAl6ft6

Mortimer Snerd likes this.
  5. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Bowen frankly falls more into the field of character suicide, not assassination. He'll hang himself with a noose of his own words in any thread you let him in.

6. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Ha, yeah I bring it on myself, when a bunch of trolls crawl out from under their bridge to grind their ax. I find it flattering, though, the space some random people on the Internet devote to me, it's kind of nice. It's like I have no idea who is who here, except the posters I like, I remember their names, but a bunch of faceless trolls out for blood think somehow they're "getting under my skin," or something? I have no idea, I don't pretend to know the motivations. I just always have to be content being smarter, stronger, and more successful than the trolls, and I guess it's a tough life but someone has to live it. Since you have nothing important to discuss, it's like "let's bring up Bowen, that's fun!" Hey I appreciate the mentions, it's nice you have someone to look up to :p

It's a fan forum, I'm a much bigger fan than any of the trolls, I've contributed more to the fandom, I'm known by more fans, so even in the tiny microcosm that is fandom I still win. And outside of that, in real life, it's even less close.

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  7. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Hi Bowen. How much can you bench these days?

Juliet316 and Diggy like this.
  8. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

*axe

Diggy likes this.
  9. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    bowen, i'm shocked you didn't mention "have to wear special pants" among your life's many challenges.

10. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I'd like to hear how the crusade to impose modest dress on young ladies everywhere is going. Hopefully, women everywhere have given up "short short short jean shorts with the pockets hanging out, maybe tattered so you show maximum skin, a white crop top, and a black bra hanging out / visible underneath."

Diggy likes this.
  11. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    This is what not-made-up friends of Bowen said about his book:

5.0 out of 5 starsBetter than the movie !
    ByNeil P. Guggenmoson July 12, 2005
    Format: Hardcover
    Bowen has captured the heart of the summer of 1999 and the long 22 year wait for a new Star Wars film. A must read that will have you wanting more. Tons of facts but just enough heart to make it a real modern day classic. And the real kicker-I heard he was only 16 when he started collecting data and writing this book. Absolutely engrossing work that deserves a look by any film fan worth his or her salt. Engrossing, engaging, entertaining-you can breeze through this book under a tree on a warm summer day of leisurely reading or hunch over it with notebook and highlighter in hand engrossed in the details.
    Anyone of any age, gender, religion, race, will love this book!
    Watch for Bowen to explode onto the "scene" in the upcoming months.

Diggy and Rogue1-and-a-half like this.
  12. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    Not even the [face_rofl]smiley expresses how hard I'm laughing right now. I'll check it out next time I'm under a tree (presumably recommended by the reviewer so the reader will have some shelter from the absolute avalanche of ********).

Ender Sai and Juliet316 like this.
  13. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Bowen did you invent both of the 2 reviewers of your book? Or just Neil?

14. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    No, I'm sure Mr. Guggenmos was moved to join Amazon and write his only review for this masterpiece. Just like L.A. Turfrey.

Fun, Factual and perfect for Star Wars fans!
    ByL. A. Turfreyon July 4, 2005
    Format: Paperback
    An excellent portrayal of the real time expectations and events that lead up to one of the highest grossing movies of all time. Much more interesting than the original film when it was released.

This book puts it all into perspective, and is one of those books that once started, has to be finished.

Watch out Bill Bryson, this may not be your genre, but if this chap ever turns to the main stream - you're in trouble!

Looks like Bill Bryson is safe!

15. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    Forget Bill Bryson, if Bowen ever goes mainstream, we're all ******.

Diggy and Juliet316 like this.
  16. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

This is my favourite bit - did Neil Guggenmos hear about Bowen's age from Bowen, do you think? Or Bowen's parents, for whom he did this favour?

Bowen, can you please give us the Hollywood insider gossip on these fictional personas?