main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Omaha, NE Moving back to Omaha and looking for FF members

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Forceofvader, Jun 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forceofvader

Forceofvader Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2000
    My name is Mike Kelley known as Forceofvader on many boards. I'm the head of the Tulsa Fan Froce in Oklahoma. I'm moving back to my home town of Omaha and just checking to see who's out there and what ya'll do. I'm heavily into costuming and props. I have a Vader costume I wear as well as other items. Basically I'm writing to say Hi and get involved in the Omaha FF. So HI!!!

2. paperclipx

paperclipx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2001
    palpatine voice"Welcome, my friend."

Welcome home. Feel free to stay awhile and hang with us!

3. Forceofvader

Aug 15, 2000
    Thank You...So what do you guys do? I met a few of you at Alpha Con. I'm part of the Richies Armor crew as well. We had a booth up there as well. Does that ring a bell???

4. That awful vracer

That awful vracer Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2000
    What do we do? Depends on when you catch us. We've had potlucks, before. We've had several group movie outings. We did the midnight toy run, in April. We had a Phantom Menace DVD viewing. We've sat around and speculated about AOTC. We've gone out to Chili's and ate-drank-n-gossiped. We want to have a movie viewing party, and some of us desperately want to play trivial pursuit/RPG/card games. Coming up soon, we want to go as a group to see MIB II, on it's opening night (it was MIB II, July 3rd right?). And we also are trying to plan a cook-out for our July meeting. Basically, it's whatever we can bring to the table, so to speak. I also think we should all try to get on AIM, or ICQ, and have another virtual meeting, again. Did that answer any questions?

5. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Well then I may have very well chatted with you a will at Alphacon. If you remember, I was the person looking into the Tie pilot armor. I dont remember what day it was, Saturday or Sunday, but I was at your booth perhaps an hour looking over the helmet you had there asking questions, lol.

6. Forceofvader

Aug 15, 2000
    Sorry I don't remember. We had so many people interested in different things there it was hard to keep track. I wouldn't be surprised if we chatted then.

7. TK-507

TK-507 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2002
    Welcome, Forceofvader!

Costuming? Also drop by and say hi at www.stormtrooper.tk

I run the above site out of Omaha and we do quite a bit of events in costume.

TK-507

8. Forceofvader

Aug 15, 2000
    Excellent. I look forward to it. Do you have a vader yet???

9. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Not that I know of.

10. TK-507

Jan 7, 2002
    We have five stormtroopers, a couple jedi, Princess Leia ...and NO Vader. You'll be a welcomed addtion to our costuming group.

Do you do any vacuuforming?

11. Forceofvader

Aug 15, 2000
    Why thank you. I'm looking forward to it!!!

12. catalina_queen

catalina_queen Jedi Youngling

Jun 29, 2002
    Hey all. looking for costumers huh? i just moved to omaha a couple weeks ago and have a Padme costume and am looking for a good message board. A fellow co-worker refered me to the fan force. Just tring to say to all and introduce myself

13. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Well let me extend the warm welcome to you too, your Highness. We need a few more of us lightsiders around. Seem to be outnumbered by all these Imps. Again, welcome, and make yourself at home!

14. catalina_queen

catalina_queen Jedi Youngling

Jun 29, 2002
    Thanks for the warm welcome. Out numbered by the darkside? Well that will have to change.

15. Steak_Sammich

Steak_Sammich Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 7, 2001
    The more, the merrier!

16. Forceofvader

Aug 15, 2000
    That's what I'm talking about.

17. Ummeiko

Ummeiko Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2001
    Greetings from the resident Princess Leia. ^_^. (At least, until I go off to college in the fall, then you'll be without me until next summer, though I'll keep in touch.)

18. Forceofvader

Aug 15, 2000
    TK why yes I Vacuum Form....What do you do??

BTW I'm moving up on the 16th and looking ofrward to the meeting.

19. BarrissOffee

BarrissOffee Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2002
    Good luck.

20. TK-507

Jan 7, 2002
    Since you have the ability to vacuum form, I'd really like to see how it works. If that's cool with you. There are SO many projects which I would like to produce.

Just drop me an e-mail if you'd like.

Kurt (TK-507)

21. Forceofvader

Aug 15, 2000
    Kurt,
    Yeah I'd be interested in talking 2 U about Vacuum Forming. Maybe at next weekend's meeting. Hopefully we'll have it. TTYL

Mike

22. TK750

TK750 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2001
    5 stormtroopers? What about those awesome scout troopers? I hope you can count me in on the vacuumforming. I've been wanting to look into that for a while. Vader, I would say that I probably spoke with you at AlphaCon, but unless you know each of the four other scout troopers there, I doubt you'd remember me. Since you are with Richie's, perhaps you could show me how to put that damn scout tank detail piece on. It gets kind of irritating having everyone come up thinking it's going to fall off. Can't wait to meet you. Welcome back from the land of the lost.

23. Forceofvader

Aug 15, 2000
    Thanks and I would be glad to help out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.