main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Moving Background after Roto in AE

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Bohh, Apr 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bohh

Bohh Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2004
    Hi,
    I'm using Ryan's video tutorial method to create lightsabers in AE. The problem is, after I create the effect and render it out, the video behind the blade is bouncing up and down.

It also happens whenever I try and do a clone. One video will be steady but the one behind it bounces up and down.

How can I fix it?

Thanks for any help,
    Bohh

2. Jedi_Spiff

Jedi_Spiff Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2003
    Are you accidentally keyframing background positions on your video stream? If so, "lock" the background video by clicking on the little icon that looks like a padlock. Also, make sure you are only keyframing the solid's mask shape - not the position or anchor point.

Either that or you've got jittery video source from handheld cameras? If so... a tripod or a steady cam would probably help.

-Spiff

3. BanthaPanthaSithDude

BanthaPanthaSithDude Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2003
    Yeah, but if the handheld camera was jittery I wouldn't think that would would mess up his rotoscoping.

4. Bohh

Bohh Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2004
    The camera was on a tripod. And I'm positive that I didn't keyframe any moves to the background.

=/

5. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    Maybe---and just maybe---it's an interlacing issue?

6. Bohh

Bohh Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2004
    Not sure, how would I go about testing that?

It's strange. I have access to a Mac sometimes, and when doing the same things on the Mac the jitters do not occur. But, when I do it on my PC...they always happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.