main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Moving Forward- For The Missing Scene Roulette Challenge- Obi/Ani Drama

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LilyHobbitJedi, Jan 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Title: Moving Forward
    Author: LilyHobbitJedi
    Timeframe: Right after TPM.
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Anakin
    Genre: Drama
    Summary: Following Qui-Gon's death, Obi-Wan muses about Qui-Gon, and his new Padawan.
    Notes: This is for the Missing Scene Roulette Challenge. My scene was this: Obi-Wan and Anakin return to the Jedi Temple after Qui-Gon?s death

Moving Forward

Obi-Wan Kenobi watched as the ship hatch came to a close and they slowly flew up into Naboo?s atmosphere. He looked down at the shrinking image of Theed. So much happened in such a short amount of time, and Obi-Wan was forcing himself to cope. This mission to Naboo he could never forget, for it marked him in so many ways. In a short amount of time his Master was killed by a Sith, he killed the Sith Lord, was Knighted, and gained a Padawan. It was enough to make even a Jedi?s mind spin.

Obi-Wan was haunted by Qui-Gon Jinn?s death. Obi-Wan knew he couldn?t have asked for a better mentor to lead him on the path to being a Jedi. He learned much from his Master, and when the Sith Lord struck the fatal blow, it nearly drove Obi-Wan to the Dark Side. When Qui-Gon became one with the Force, the bond between them was brutally shattered, and Obi-Wan was marked by it.

The Sith were always talked about at the Temple, especially in ghost stories, but never did any Jedi believe that one actually existed. The cruel Sith Lord showed no mercy to Qui-Gon, and the ensuing duel nearly killed Obi-Wan as well. Still he was somehow able to kill the Sith, a feat that even astounded him. He was the first Jedi in over a thousand years to defeat one, and that was the main reason the Council sought fit to give him Jedi Knight status.

Qui-Gon?s dying words were to train the strange young ex slave from Tatooine. Initially Obi-Wan didn?t really care for Anakin Skywalker, and just believe the boy to be one of Qui-Gon?s many projects. The boy was, however, immensely talented and stronger in the Force than many Jedi Masters. And now the training of this highly unique boy fell into Obi-Wan?s inexperienced hands.

He hoped that he would not fail Anakin, and that he would make Qui-Gon proud, but it was a challenge Obi-Wan didn?t know if he was up for. Still he would do his best, he owed Anakin and Qui-Gon that. And perhaps, Obi-Wan mused, he was more ready than he thought. He turned to look at Anakin, the boy looked utterly depressed.

?How are you doing, Anakin?? Obi-Wan queried.

?I?m fine,? Anakin replied, not meeting his gaze.

?You don?t look fine,? Obi-Wan remarked. ?You miss your mother?and Qui-Gon.?

Anakin nodded. ?Very much, Master Obi-Wan.?

?That sounds strange!? Obi-Wan thought. ?I miss Qui-Gon as well, he was my Master for nearly thirteen years.?

?Wow,? Anakin said. ?How long were you at the Jedi Temple??

?Practically my whole life,? Obi-Wan replied kindly. ?Most Jedi are identified within their first six months of life.?

?So that?s why Master Yoda said I was too old!? Anakin exclaimed horrified.

?Yes,? Obi-Wan answered. ?But don?t worry about that. I will be here to help you along the way, Padawan. Your training will be difficult, I won?t deny that. But being a Jedi is a great reward, and I have full confidence in you.?

?Thank you Master,? Anakin replied with a grin. ?I can?t wait for it to begin.?

When they returned to the Temple in a few hours, both knew that they would be tested from the beginning. Other Jedi were going to question both of them in a million different ways. They knew their journey would bring several trials along the way, but they were both up for the challenge. The way they became Master and apprentice was unorthodox that was for sure, but they would know for years to come that it was right.

Obi-Wan smiled gently. ?Neither can I.?

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Aw, they started out willing to make it work - together. Lovely.

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely that scene with Obi-Wan so helpful.

4. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    WOW that was fast!

I'm glad the scene was able to inspire your muse.

This was wonderful [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

I loved Obi-Wan and Anakin's hopefullness in their future despite the hardship they knew they would face.

Great response to the challenge!

=D= =D= =D= =D=

5. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005

This was before he knew about meditation and studying and the Jedi Code. :p

Cute viggie. [face_love] =D=

6. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    Valairy_Scot: Aw, they started out willing to make it work - together. Lovely.

I'm so glad you liked it, thank you!

earlybird-obi-wan: Lovely that scene with Obi-Wan so helpful.

Thank you so much!

KELIA: WOW that was fast!

I know! [face_laugh] I've never answered anything that fast before.

I'm glad the scene was able to inspire your muse.

Thanks, it was fun!

This was wonderful

I loved Obi-Wan and Anakin's hopefullness in their future despite the hardship they knew they would face.

I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

Great response to the challenge!

Thank you!!

Meredith_Kenobi: This was before he knew about meditation and studying and the Jedi Code.

Very true. [face_laugh]

Cute viggie.

Thanks!

7. EmpressJade

EmpressJade Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 9, 2005
    That was wonderful Lily! :) A very nicely done insight
    of Obi-Wan recations to instantly becoming a Master to Anakin and of his healing emotions to Qui's death.

When they returned to the Temple in a few hours, both knew that they would be tested from the beginning. Other Jedi were going to question both of them in a million different ways. They knew their journey would bring several trials along the way, but they were both up for the challenge. The way they became Master and apprentice was unorthodox that was for sure, but they would know for years to come that it was right.

Obi-Wan smiled gently. ?Neither can I.?

I liked this scene were Obi was helping to keep Anakin's spirits up, great challenge response! =D= :D

8. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    What a lovely scene! =D=

9. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    EmpressJade: That was wonderful Lily! A very nicely done insight
    of Obi-Wan recations to instantly becoming a Master to Anakin and of his healing emotions to Qui's death.

I'm glad you thought so. This was a scene I loved writing because I really have thought long and hard about what would've occured.

I liked this scene were Obi was helping to keep Anakin's spirits up, great challenge response!

Thank you so much!

VaderLVR64: What a lovely scene!

Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.