main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Moving forward: Was killing off Han Genius?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Jedirush2112, Jan 22, 2016.

?

Do You want to See the Solo Spin Off even more now that Han is Dead?

1. Yes

17 vote(s)
    17.9%
  2. No

44 vote(s)
    46.3%
  3. Same

34 vote(s)
    35.8%
  1. Davrum

Davrum Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 16, 2015
    This, times 1138. A Han Solo standalone would be an adventure romp, but the spectre of his horrifyingly depressing end would hang like a suffocating gas over the whole deal.

Heroic BB-8 likes this.
  2. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002

Davrum likes this.
  3. Heroic BB-8

Heroic BB-8 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 29, 2015
    :D

4. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013

[face_sick]

Davrum likes this.
  5. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    The more I think of it, the more utterly sad and tragic this becomes. The Tragedy of Han and Leia. These spunky young lovers left with a happy ending in Jedi, to have their lives go so utterly awful in this movie that was designed to "delight", as Kasdan and JJ say.

I have photos of my parents as young teen lovers, looking so happy and free. And I know the sadness that was the other end of their lives with illnesses... Han and Leia is a terrifying little story for young people starting out. You're having fun now, but sooner or later its gonna go to crap.

Davrum likes this.
  6. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    Is Han Solo really truly dead or is he simply going to suddenly come back to us like Spock did in Star Trek III?

7. I know

I know Jedi Knight star 3

May 4, 2014
    How so? As it turns out they loved each other right till the end. Not every couple can claim that.

8. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    Take out the negative quote about JJ and Kasdan, and I'd agree with everything you said, except that for me that'd all be what was so brilliant about it.

9. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Don't get me wrong. I'm very pro-TFA. It just hit me hard today how nasty a deal they were given.

Sure they still love each other, but they were ripped apart by a son gone bad. That ain't a happy ending by any means.

10. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    I know - but that's just a fact isn't it? It's not like it's a failure to write a happy ending; it's a sad ending to Han Solo's story, by design. I don't think TFA would have worked at all if Han had been written to survive it.

I know likes this.
  11. Knights of Ben

Knights of Ben Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 30, 2016
    With respect to the "downer/unhappy ending vibe" (I'm not unsympathetic btw): Perhaps obvious to state, but this is not only the story of our new heroes, but also the conclusion to the story of our OT heroes. It will very likely complete their story. There is still time for reconciliation, (even with Han gone, but that relies to some extent on my own pet theory and Ford appearing in ep.8.) Their arc/story will be judged at the end of ep.9, so I'm anticipating a 'happy' ending, after all the struggle and loss since Jedi. We'll see.