main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Moving on

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by DarthBoba, Dec 19, 2013.

1. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    I've been thinking about this for a while, and I've decided that It's time to leave the boards. I no longer have an interest in discussing the heart of this board-Star Wars-and feel that with my job and family, don't really have a particularly strong interest in being a moderator anymore, either.

I've posted here for fourteen years now, counting my original account, and will miss you guys. I wish you all the best, and those of you I've maintained offsite contact with know how to reach me.

Goodbye!

2. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    I sense a theme here in the senate... I echo the same words in this thread as I did in Watto's thread..It was great posting in the same forum as you Boba and thank you for all of your insight into stuff over the years. Now, go play with your kids....

3. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    enjoy your freetime. goodbye

4. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    Thanks for modding, and hope to see you back on the boards someday.

5. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    Made the same decision years ago. I got active in JC again about a year ago and I'm having so much more fun just posting as a goofball. I hope you someday make a similar reappearance. We're gonna miss you, bud!

[​IMG]

"Goodnight- but not goodbye"

Chalman says RURURULLLFFFFFFFF!!!

6. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    And the positive attitude of a welcoming message board has another casualty

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  7. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    Your insight will be missed, DB. But for what it's worth, I think you made the right choice. This place (the JC as a whole) is a time waster and any minute spent with your family is better than one spent here. Enjoy your free time.

Saintheart likes this.
  8. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    So after 14 years you are saying goodbye to this relationship. Turning your back on us as if we were some sort of mistress being thrown away cause we got too clingy. Well I hope you have good life with your family. God knows this family will miss you. Enjoy your holidays.

9. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    There are far more important things than message boards in life. Especially compared to time with young kids as a father.

But, that said, I'm testimony to the fact you can reduce your involvement in the boards to take care of the important stuff - in my case, looking after my wife - and still drop in from time to time, so long as it's enjoyable - I'm not sure that's been the case for DB though, courtesy of modding and all that that entails.

10. Ben_Skywalker

Ben_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 20, 2001
    Take it easy DB :)