main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Char, NC Moving to Charlotte, would like to meet new fans

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by JediEddy, Apr 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediEddy

JediEddy Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2001
    Hi Everyone. I'm moving to the Charlotte area from Rochester NY. I will be starting a new job there on May 13th and I've already told my new supervisor that I need May 16th off. One problem I have is, I have no clue where any theaters are, let alone good ones. If anyone could send me information for a good theater or if a group of you are going to get together for a showing I'd love to meet you. My work email address is reddy2@csc.com.

Now a little about me. I'm an old fan! I've been a fan since I first saw Star Wars in the theater when I was 14, and that magic has never left me. I have three boys......Luke, who's 15, Ben, who's 12 and Anakin, who's 8. Like every other fan, I've spent a small fortune on collectabiles...lol

Anyway, I'd love to meet and make new friends who enjoy Uncle Georges world as much as I do. Thanks in advance and I look forward to meeting all of you.

JediEddy

2. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    How would you like to come with us to the hopeful midnight showing on the 15th? :D

And you're welcome to come join us whenever you'd like! :D

3. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Hi JediEddy, and welcome to Charlotte. I'm fairly new here myself, having just moved here last summer; it's a great place to live. I'm the City Rep for this area; we would love to have you at our next meeting at the TGI Friday's at Concord Mills Mall, right off I-85 north of Charlotte, at 8 p.m. on the 15th. Wear a costume if you've got one--I'll be the blonde in the Amidala outfit. :p

Anyway, my real name is Tracy; my e-mail address is starwarsfan1271@hotmail.com. Feel free to e-mail me with any questions you have, and if it's alright with you, I'd like to add your e-mail address to our list so you can get our newsletter, which I'll be sending out either weekly or bi-weekly, depending on how much is going on.

And Riding is a good one to ask, too--a Charlotte native, the founder of this chapter and our first City Rep, and currently, my right arm. :)

4. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Right arm? OoOOOoooOO I have a title :p :D

If you need anything, feel free to PM me or drop me an email at jamestraverjr@fanforce.net. ~ I'm almost always online... hehe.. :D

5. PAULMOSESJR

PAULMOSESJR Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2002
    Hello JediEddy Paul Moses Jr. here. Personal Photographer for Dave Prowse, Senior VIP of guest relations for Southern Fan Force in Charlotte , N.C. We welcome you to Charlotte N.C. and to our group. Come a long with us to Concord Mills Mall / Theater in Charlotte, at 8 p.m. on the 15th. As aanakin_girl said , we are having our next meeting at the TGI Friday's located there. Hope to see you there.

6. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Yeah.. we'd like to see ya come! :D

7. JediEddy

JediEddy Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2001
    I'll will definitely be there! Can't wait to meet everyone.

Now, if someone could give me the street address to your meeting place I can mapquest it from my apartment. Also, are any of you going to be in character? Otherwise how will I know where this meeting is at the restaurant.

Also, should I bring anything besides myself?

Again, looking forward to meeting you all.

Later,
    Randy

8. Cartooncheryl

Cartooncheryl Jedi Master star 1

Jun 20, 1999
    We'll probably have a wait, with the mall being so crowded that day, so they'll probably ask for a last name. Just use the one I alwalys use: Hamill! : D Well, it is quite close to my real last name anyway... : ) Or another last name could do... if we wanna be namby-pamby about it! Hahaha...

9. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Well, you could bring a friend or family member if ya'd like. :)

And I'll look up the address tonight...

Oh and yeah.. we'll haveta decide on a name to go by..... How about we go by Carosel? ;)

10. Singularity

Singularity Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 21, 2002
    Regal at Stonecrest is the best movieplex I've seen so far. Awesome sound, awesome setup, the hot dogs are good too. :)

11. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Hot dogs, 'eh? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.