Orlando, FL Moving to Orlando

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by LUH-3417, Apr 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LUH-3417 Force Ghost

star 4
    Anybody got a company that is looking to hire a potential employee with a BS in Sociology/with a criminology concentration, experienced in public relations, aiding elected officials, or needs a trainee in investigations?

i dont need to make a lot of money. anyone?

just wondering fellow star wars fans, i plan on being moved by the time May 19th comes, so if anyone knows the best theater in the Wekiva Springs area to see Ep3 i would appreciate that too.

later
  2. raiza123 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'd recommend checking out the Disney security force but I don't think they pay very well and are sort of far from Wekiva. I have a friend who controls Orlando Intl. airport security but don't know if you'd be interested in that. Also, there's a guy here who has worked for a division of the police dept and if you're really nice in your postings maybe he can give you information??
    So to Orlando LUH-3417 (or is that welcome back?)! From your message, I assume you'll be here next year then? God help ORLANDO!! :D
    Hope you can join our postings and hope the weather where you're at is as nice as it is down here. :p

Melanie
  3. LUH-3417 Force Ghost

star 4
    I came down to get away from things from 95-97 and started going back to school, but now i am kinda missing the sun and need a little bit of a change.

i heard that disney does not pay well at all for security, thats too bad, it sounds like fun. i really dont need much though.

and i have applied to some of the state agencies as well, still waiting to hear back.

so what is there to do now in orlando? i do miss the laid back way of life, up north we have all kinds of beatiful ocean, and i have a pond on my street that i go swimming in on summer nights that i would miss, but it is such a struggle to make the bills and deal with the winters here sometimes i think it might be a nice trade off.
  4. Ruckus Force Ghost

star 3
    If you are talking about the Apopka area there is only one theater in Apopka- the only one for some 12 or so years- Wekiva River Walk off-- err... I get these 2 mixed were they converge there- but I think its 436 its off. But your best bet is Pleasure Island at Disney for EP3.
  5. Sabacc Jedi Master

star 4
    Welcome back to the City Beautiful.

Security jobs at most of the hotels I know about pay pretty well if you work overtime. I'm talking $35-50K if you're willing to put in the hours. For some reason, most convention hotels like to stay really lean on security staff [all terrorists please ignore that fact], and groups as often as not are willing to pay about $25 an hour for bodies. About half of that goes to the individual.

As far as theaters, you're going to have to see how the digital landscape changes over the next months. There should be an all-digital theater at Fashion Square (less than half the distance of Disney for you) very soon. Wekiva's a little far from the bright center of the theater universe.

Good luck, and kudos on the nice handle, LUH. -Campbell
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.