main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Moving to town soon!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Shewski, Jul 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shewski

Shewski Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    Hi, my name is Mike Tomashewski, and I am moving to town in the beginning of August. I am interested in getting involved and meeting some other fans in the area. I really love the Steelers (and have a semi-reliable ticket source!), enjoy ultimate frisbee and board games. I'm also looking to see if anyone plays the older CCG in the group.

2. Mrs_jedi_1966

Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    ABLE TO GET STEELER TICKETS?!?! :eek: Can you be my new best friend :) (or at least close enough to share tickes with??? :D

Welcome ~ where R U from?

3. karateyoda17

karateyoda17 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    Hey, welcome to the club dude, and really welcome to pittsburgh!

4. Saberpilot

Saberpilot Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Welcome! What kind of board games do you like? I LOVE monopoly. ^_^ Anyways, what do you think of pittsburgh so far?

5. MetalliJedi

MetalliJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    Welcome fellow Steeler fan!

6. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Hello welcome to Pittsburgh

7. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi. ;)

8. Crimson_Knight1175

Crimson_Knight1175 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 20, 2002
    Welcome to the group Mike!

9. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Welcome Mike Tomashewski, this is an unexpected pleasure..... I know I know, I may dispense with the pleasentries, but I assure you we are on schedule, and so what if the emporer is most displeased with our apparent lack of progress. It's not like he's coming here personally to check things out..... Oh he is.... (Gulp)

Sorry can't ever pass up a chance to quote or paraphrase.

WELCOME :)

10. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Chris-Stacina_Rajinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Sal, sometimes I think your trying to turn everything's the quote game! Between you and greencat... ;)

Anyway, welcome to Pittsburgh Mike!

11. Big_Daddy_Payne

Big_Daddy_Payne Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2002
    Welcome!

Hope you find your stay both in Pittsburgh and here at the SCJKs to be fun!

12. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    Mrs Jedi,

I am from Columbus, OH, but I was born and grew up in Penn Hills, until I was 12 or so. As for the tix, My grandpa has had them forever but usually just sells them (he was talking care of my invalid grandmother before she died) but now he's expressed a desire to go to more games. I'll see how many I can buy from him =)

13. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    Saber,

I love pittsburgh! I have been trying to get back to the city ever since I moved away 10 years ago. I have an eclectic taste in board games- though I do still play with my SW monopoly game from time to time. Right now the games I've been playing are called:
    Bohnanza, SW Epic Duels, SW QUeen's Gambit, Settlers of Catan, Risk 2210 and Lord of the Rings.

14. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Risk 2210? I've played the regular old Risk, how's Risk 2210 different from that?

15. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Hmmm, I have two tickets for the Steeler's games against the Panthers and Texans and I am looking to trade one of the two pairs for two Monday night tickets becasue I have never been to a Monday night football game. So if Shewski or anyone else is interested in trading for these, just let me know!

16. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    Risk 2210 is basically like normal risk, but on steroids. Its set in the future, so the earth has changed a bit- the board has some cool funky names for countries and also includes new underwater colonies and moon colonies. You also have various commanders who attack/defend with a 8 sided die, as well as space stations that allow you to defend incredibly well and go to the moon. You get spoils, like in the old game, but you also get credits to buy more commanders, space stations, and command cards. These cards let you get reinforcements, launch surgical strikes on your enemies, and set death traps for pesky invaders. The other things is that it only lasts 5 turns- so at the end, everyone is scrambling to finish up well. Plus you can play the old way! Very fun

17. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    I'll keep that in mind about the tix- I don't know what ones my grandpa has decided to keep.

18. Mrs_jedi_1966

Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    OMG!!!!OMG!!!! I'm going to have so many friends (Steeler friends = best kind) :D

Pleeeaaase let me know of any available tix. I will be forever greatful. :D

19. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Hi, welcome to the boards. Nice icon. ;)

20. Saberpilot

Saberpilot Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Awesome! ^_^
    I've lived in pittsburgh for about 2 years now, it's a very nice city. ^_^ I actually only found out about the SCJK after going to the Ep. II premiere at Loew's. Are you coming to the meeting on the 28th?

21. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Just a tip for Mrs Jedi and anyone elso who is interested. If you are on the Steelers season ticket waiting list you are allowed to buy a pair of tickets for two games every year. All you need to do is call the Steelers ticket office and get their address and then send then you name and address and you will be on the waiting list. Every year you will be sent an order form for single game tickets, and you must fill that out and get it in the mail fast.

22. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    No, unfortunately I wont be in town yet. Tomorrow I am actually helping host an incoming freshman send off party for my alma mater, Grove City College. All the ohio freshman are coming to my house in Columbus and we are just gonna meet and greet etc... but I hope to be in town by the 3rd... so the BBQ sounds like I can make it =)

23. Stina-Cri

May 18, 2002
    are you moving back to Penn Hills?

24. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    Yeah- I am going to be living with my grandmother until I can find some semi-steady contract work or a Full time job.

25. Stina-Cri

May 18, 2002
    oh cool. I live in Penn Hills.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.