Moving to town soon!

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh, PA' started by Shewski, Jul 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Master

star 3
    *as I dance around the room chanting* I'm getting tickets. I'm getting tickets. I'm getting tickets. I'm getting tickets. I'm getting tickets. I'm getting tickets. I'm getting tickets.

WOO-HOO

I vote for the idea that we all try to get together to go to a Steeler game as a group. We all could go dressed!!! WO0-HOO!! Yippee!! *cont. to dance around the room and chanting* I'm getting tickets. I'm getting tickets. I'm getting tickets....
  2. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I've never been to a Steeler game in my life. If it is possible to get some tickets fairly cheap I will go.
  3. Shewski Jedi Master

star 4
    Is 40-50 bucks fairly cheap?

I have a second page!!! WHEEEEE!!!
  4. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    Maybe the Steelers keep some unsold tickets for large groups like they do for radio stations to keep for themselves, errrrrr, I mean give away to the X number caller.

EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it, maybe they would sell us a block of tickets if everyone dressed up as in a Star Wars costume. There is a little section behind the endzone where they have groups (like Heinz and PNC) sit. If we happened to get tickets then i would have to get my rebel pilot costume made ahead of schedule, becasue right now the schedule is sometime before Celebration 3.

The Steelers ticket office # is 412-323-1200. Someone with half decent telephone skills might want to call, becasue I won't be able to pull it off.

EDIT: And one more thing. If someone calls make sure that you don't agree to get tickets for a preseason game. I don't feel like watching Tee Martin play an entire quarter. Tell them that our person in charge of costumes is out of town until September or something like that.
  5. jedi_1966 Jedi Master

star 3
    Hey Fluke,do you have a costume?Do you want one,if you don't have one?If you'd want one,and don't have one,what would you wanna have?(i know,i know this doesn't belong here...)
  6. Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Master

star 3
    I'LL CALL!!! I'LL CALL!!! After all ~ I am a puchasing agent. Maybe I can even negotiate some kind of a package deal? I'll let everyone know as soon as I do. WOO-HOO!! Everyone together & dressed at a game!! AWESOME!! *begins dancing around the room dancing and chanting again* I'm getting tickets! I'm getting tickets!.....
  7. Stina-Cri Jedi Master

star 4
    I've never seen a Steeler game, I love Football though!!! when I was younger I wanted to be a running back so bad. I was going to be the first girl in the NFL
  8. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    I would wear a costume if we needed to for a Steeler game or trip to visit sick kids or something like that. It wouldn't really matter what it was. My plan is to have a rebel pilot orange costume made to wear at Celebration 3 so there is no hurry for me with that plus I think that Zam Cards already has the pants for that one ;)
  9. Shewski Jedi Master

star 4
    That is, if Tee is gonna still be on the team at that point. old Homestead Charlie might help give him the boot.

If someone can help me make a costume, I'm there!
  10. Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Master

star 3
    Shew ~ I'm sure my hubby would love to help U get some type of outfit together.

Now for the BAD news. I called the ticket line yesterday. They do not have any season tickets left; even for large groups. They do have some pre-season tickets left. They are for the Jets game (on 8/8/02) and the Viking game (on 8/29/02). Tickets for seats is $52.00, but we would not be able to sit by each other. Bleacher tickets costs $46.00 and we would be able to sit around each other.

Let me know what everyone thinks ~
  11. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    Like I said, I don't want to have to watch Tee Martin play an entire quarter.
  12. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm sure that there are Pitt tickets available. All you Stiller fans who claim to be the greatest "football" fans in the world should have no problem going to a Pitt game.
  13. Big_Daddy_Payne Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'm with Fluke here. I'd LOVE to go to a Pitt game.
  14. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Hey Fluke, me a a couple of my friends are thinking of getting season tickets for Pitt. If you are interested let me know.
  15. Shewski Jedi Master

star 4
    Pitt would be fun too!

Don't you just love how boards take on a life of their own and change topic mid course?

Mrs J- (or J1966) what are some of the simpler costumes out there? I'd like to make one for the final premiere in '05?
  16. Big_Daddy_Payne Jedi Knight

star 2
    Change topic?

My friend, around these parts, off-topic isnt a thing, it's a way of LIFE.
  17. Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Master

star 3
    Leia's diplomatic outfit is EXTREMELY easy!! :D However, if U R not into the whole cross dressing idea ~ pick whatever U like & we can go from there. Are U coming to the picnic? If so details can be discussed then.

As far as the hardcore Stiller - football fan enjoying a Pitt game - I do not agree. I like to think of myself as a HUGE Steeler fan ~ however, I am not a college - ball fan. I went to a Pitt game last year (because I wasn't able to go to a Steeler game & I wanted to see the new stadium) I was bored out of my mind. The game just wasn't interesting enough for me. :(
  18. Shewski Jedi Master

star 4
    I hope to come- I just moved in last night, so I need a day to get things figured out, then I will look up info on the picnic!
  19. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    Well said Mrs Jedi. I have no problem with people calling theirselves a Steeler Fan and not be interested in Pitt. It's just those who say that Steeler fans are the greatest "football" fans in the world and then refuse to go to a perfectly good Pitt game when they can easily get tickets. If people want to say that Steeler fans are the greatest fans of a sinlge sports team, fine, but not greatest football fans in general. Anyway, I hope that made sense.

I hope you didn't go to the Pitt game against South Florida. If so give them another chance becasue that was about the worst Pitt game I have ever been too.
  20. Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Master

star 3
    *laughing* actually yes that was the game I saw - wasn't that Homecoming or somethin'?

Welcome home Shew. Definitely hope to see U @ the picnic?
  21. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Football? I think I've been to a football game . . . ummm, two actually. Well, not two entire games. The first was when the co-ed fraternity I was in (Alpha Phi Omega) marched in the Homecoming Halftime parade. I left after halftime. The other I went to was when one of my students, who was in the band, was getting recognized on 'Senior night' during halftime. Yep, I left after halftime then, too.

I did watch (mostly) one of the Superbowls the Steelers were in, several years ago, but only because I was at a party and that's what everyone else was doing . . .

:D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.