main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Moving to town soon!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Shewski, Jul 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrs_jedi_1966

Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    *as I dance around the room chanting* I'm getting tickets. I'm getting tickets. I'm getting tickets. I'm getting tickets. I'm getting tickets. I'm getting tickets. I'm getting tickets.

WOO-HOO

I vote for the idea that we all try to get together to go to a Steeler game as a group. We all could go dressed!!! WO0-HOO!! Yippee!! *cont. to dance around the room and chanting* I'm getting tickets. I'm getting tickets. I'm getting tickets....

2. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I've never been to a Steeler game in my life. If it is possible to get some tickets fairly cheap I will go.

3. Shewski

Shewski Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    Is 40-50 bucks fairly cheap?

I have a second page!!! WHEEEEE!!!

4. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Maybe the Steelers keep some unsold tickets for large groups like they do for radio stations to keep for themselves, errrrrr, I mean give away to the X number caller.

EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it, maybe they would sell us a block of tickets if everyone dressed up as in a Star Wars costume. There is a little section behind the endzone where they have groups (like Heinz and PNC) sit. If we happened to get tickets then i would have to get my rebel pilot costume made ahead of schedule, becasue right now the schedule is sometime before Celebration 3.

The Steelers ticket office # is 412-323-1200. Someone with half decent telephone skills might want to call, becasue I won't be able to pull it off.

EDIT: And one more thing. If someone calls make sure that you don't agree to get tickets for a preseason game. I don't feel like watching Tee Martin play an entire quarter. Tell them that our person in charge of costumes is out of town until September or something like that.

5. jedi_1966

jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2001
    Hey Fluke,do you have a costume?Do you want one,if you don't have one?If you'd want one,and don't have one,what would you wanna have?(i know,i know this doesn't belong here...)

6. Mrs_jedi_1966

Jun 14, 2002
    I'LL CALL!!! I'LL CALL!!! After all ~ I am a puchasing agent. Maybe I can even negotiate some kind of a package deal? I'll let everyone know as soon as I do. WOO-HOO!! Everyone together & dressed at a game!! AWESOME!! *begins dancing around the room dancing and chanting again* I'm getting tickets! I'm getting tickets!.....

7. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    I've never seen a Steeler game, I love Football though!!! when I was younger I wanted to be a running back so bad. I was going to be the first girl in the NFL

8. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    I would wear a costume if we needed to for a Steeler game or trip to visit sick kids or something like that. It wouldn't really matter what it was. My plan is to have a rebel pilot orange costume made to wear at Celebration 3 so there is no hurry for me with that plus I think that Zam Cards already has the pants for that one ;)

9. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    That is, if Tee is gonna still be on the team at that point. old Homestead Charlie might help give him the boot.

If someone can help me make a costume, I'm there!

10. Mrs_jedi_1966

Jun 14, 2002
    Shew ~ I'm sure my hubby would love to help U get some type of outfit together.

Now for the BAD news. I called the ticket line yesterday. They do not have any season tickets left; even for large groups. They do have some pre-season tickets left. They are for the Jets game (on 8/8/02) and the Viking game (on 8/29/02). Tickets for seats is $52.00, but we would not be able to sit by each other. Bleacher tickets costs $46.00 and we would be able to sit around each other.

Let me know what everyone thinks ~

11. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Like I said, I don't want to have to watch Tee Martin play an entire quarter.

12. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    I'm sure that there are Pitt tickets available. All you Stiller fans who claim to be the greatest "football" fans in the world should have no problem going to a Pitt game.

13. Big_Daddy_Payne

Big_Daddy_Payne Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2002
    I'm with Fluke here. I'd LOVE to go to a Pitt game.

14. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Hey Fluke, me a a couple of my friends are thinking of getting season tickets for Pitt. If you are interested let me know.

15. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    Pitt would be fun too!

Don't you just love how boards take on a life of their own and change topic mid course?

Mrs J- (or J1966) what are some of the simpler costumes out there? I'd like to make one for the final premiere in '05?

16. Big_Daddy_Payne

Big_Daddy_Payne Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2002
    Change topic?

My friend, around these parts, off-topic isnt a thing, it's a way of LIFE.

17. Mrs_jedi_1966

Jun 14, 2002
    Leia's diplomatic outfit is EXTREMELY easy!! :D However, if U R not into the whole cross dressing idea ~ pick whatever U like & we can go from there. Are U coming to the picnic? If so details can be discussed then.

As far as the hardcore Stiller - football fan enjoying a Pitt game - I do not agree. I like to think of myself as a HUGE Steeler fan ~ however, I am not a college - ball fan. I went to a Pitt game last year (because I wasn't able to go to a Steeler game & I wanted to see the new stadium) I was bored out of my mind. The game just wasn't interesting enough for me. :(

18. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    I hope to come- I just moved in last night, so I need a day to get things figured out, then I will look up info on the picnic!

19. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Well said Mrs Jedi. I have no problem with people calling theirselves a Steeler Fan and not be interested in Pitt. It's just those who say that Steeler fans are the greatest "football" fans in the world and then refuse to go to a perfectly good Pitt game when they can easily get tickets. If people want to say that Steeler fans are the greatest fans of a sinlge sports team, fine, but not greatest football fans in general. Anyway, I hope that made sense.

I hope you didn't go to the Pitt game against South Florida. If so give them another chance becasue that was about the worst Pitt game I have ever been too.

20. Mrs_jedi_1966

Jun 14, 2002
    *laughing* actually yes that was the game I saw - wasn't that Homecoming or somethin'?

Welcome home Shew. Definitely hope to see U @ the picnic?

21. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Football? I think I've been to a football game . . . ummm, two actually. Well, not two entire games. The first was when the co-ed fraternity I was in (Alpha Phi Omega) marched in the Homecoming Halftime parade. I left after halftime. The other I went to was when one of my students, who was in the band, was getting recognized on 'Senior night' during halftime. Yep, I left after halftime then, too.

I did watch (mostly) one of the Superbowls the Steelers were in, several years ago, but only because I was at a party and that's what everyone else was doing . . .

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.