main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mpeg to wav

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Kuja918, Jan 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kuja918

Kuja918 Jedi Youngling

Nov 20, 2002
    Is there a program where I can convert mpeg files to wav.? For some reason when i burnt my lightsaber sound effects onto a cd they became mpeg files.

thanks.

2. predinator

predinator Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 25, 2001
    Go to www.vcdhelp.com, and get a program called Tmpgenc. This has an option to extract sound from any video file including Quicktime.

You should have no trouble working out how to do it.

All the best,
    Neil / Pred

3. Kuja918

Kuja918 Jedi Youngling

Nov 20, 2002
    Thanks, i appreciate it.

4. Nathan PTH

Nathan PTH Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    You needn't do too much, actually. There's a way around actual extraction. Set any normal sound recording software to record the normal sound card output instead of mic input, then hit record and play the sound in another program. It'll give you a perfect rip, then save as desired in that program.

That's also a very easy way to rip DVD sounds from a DVD-ROM drive.

5. Cammo_Man

Cammo_Man Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 3, 2003
    Btw, the standard for cd burners is to convert wav's to mpeg's because thats all that regular cd players can play... they can't play wav's... I think there is a setting that you can click to un-set the option... hope that helps

-Josh

6. predinator

predinator Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 25, 2001
    Sort of - the audio cd standard is a .cda file. If you want to listen to your Lightsaber sounds on a standalone cd drive, there is no way around this, but if you just want to use the cd as a means of backup - just create a data cd. This way the files will remain intact and the file format unchanged.

All the best,

Neil / Pred

7. Cammo_Man

Cammo_Man Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 3, 2003
    true... i guess it depends on what progam you are using... but yes you are right.

-josh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.