Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by T_StarFlyer, Oct 3, 2005.
Hey all they Have the Darth Red & the Anni Blue in Spensers for $119.99 Seen at Eastview Spencers
there is a holoween store in the plaza where media play is in greece and they have a couple of any and darth sabre. unsure of the price though
The Spirit Halloween store in the Ridgemont Plaza also is selling the sabers for $119, but I did just get a $5 off coupon in the mail today.
See... I told ya they'd be back in time for Halloween...
walmart & target have them online for 99$
For those that were interested, Borders now has the Luke ROTJ Green FX lightsaber re-issue (with LEDs) in. At least the store across from Eastview does, as of yesterday.
Oh, and if anyone happens to go get one, can you pick up one for me? Got no car, but I do have cash...
deano, saw your post on rebel scum & decided to check it out, was pleasently suprised when they has a sale sticker for $99.99. So we bit the bullitt & bought one unfortunitly I have to return it as it does everything but make the clash sound. Also funds are tight & don't have the spare 2nd $100 this week, but they had a bunch of them
Tom- Cool! Sorry to hear that the one you got is not working properly... makes me think I'll take a set of batteries with me to test it when I get mine from the many. And to hear that they're on sale... even better! Kinda counted on that, though... By any chance, when your receipt printed, didya get a Borders coupon? They often print some kind of coupon, separate from the reciept, with most transactions. Just a heads up... they let me use one of those "25% Off Any Purchase" coupons when I bought my Mace FX there around this time last year, when it was on sale at $99.99, down from $119.99. You could buy another with your coupon for $75.00, and return the busted one, with your orginal receipt, for full refund. The "'ol switcheroo"; friend to the "Star Wars" collector...
If it wasn't on sale, I was going to see if my U of R ID badge would get me the 25% educator's discount on the regular price. However, always read the small print, it's 25% on things like books, but only 10% on electronics like the lightsabers. Oh well.
Something else did print out with the receipt - Get a $10 gift card when you get a Border's credit card.
Let's see now only Darth Vader's and Mace Windu's blades to get. There have been only 4 MR FX lightsaber styles so far, right?
Wow - Mara's costume is nearly complete now with Luke's lightsaber.
Yea I couldn't wait to play so i took it right back with Batteries still in it & opened the 2nd on, switched the batter unit & the 2nd one worked great so I'm all set witht the working one. Yea like Daria said the 25% offer was reall only 10% on electronics & not good on sale prices so the 10% worked out the same as the sale price. So We figureed it was worth it. The Green is soo cool & seems louder & brighter than the blue or red Man I want mace's now.
I've always wanted to get the green one to replace my green neon one, but I don't think I'm going to be in the Eastview area anytime soon.
Maybe Media Play will get them in?
I Gots Mines in Henry's etta!
Actually, Dar; Technically, there are NINE. in order of release:
1. Anakin Skywalker AOTC FX Lightsaber: First FX offering, with true EL blade, which was the longest ever offered. "True EL" means lighting effect snapped on and faded off. Hilt was way-out-of scale. Takes six AA batteries.
2. Luke Skywalker ROTJ FX Lightsaber: Shortened blade, but still true EL, many were disappointed by the fattened emitter neck, necessary to accomodate the blade and it's electronics. Takes six AA batteries.
3. Darth Vader ESB FX Lightsaber: First saber to use the LED technology (which was to become the norm), enabling the blade-extend and retract effect. More sinister sound effects appropriate to this saber, it had shorter grips, and the six-bubble strip, denoting this as Vader's Episode 4 weapon. Takes six AA batteries.
4. Luke Skywalker ESB FX Lightsaber: Released simulatneously with the first FX Vader, this was the first Graflex-hilt styled saber, and was also slightly out of scale with it's real life counterpart in order to contain it's electronics. Takes six AA batteries.
5. Mace Windu AOTC FX Lightsaber: Used a sequence of blue and red LEDs to create the desired purple blade effect. Also out of scale somewhat, was still thought to be mighty cool by many as it was Sam Jackson's saber. Was the last to take six AA batteries.
6. Anakin Skywalker AOTC FX Lightsaber: With louder sound effects, a brighter blade and a re-designed three AA battery compartment, this much-improved saber was released en masse (read: everywhere) just prior to the release of "Revenge of the Sith". It was lighter and more to scale, and due to it's wide distibution, introduced many for the first time to Master Replicas product line.
7: Darth Vader ESB FX Lightsaber: A slight re-tooling of their ANH FX offering, this was also louder and brighter, due to the new electronics. Was a brilliant move my MR marketing team, as it was released to coincide with Vader's return to the big screen.
8. Luke Skywalker ROTJ FX Lightsaber re-issue: Still has the fat emitter neck, but makes use of the new sound and LED electronics. A poor marketing move to make this exclusive to a bookstore chain, many will pay too much on the internet auction sites for this one. Now takes only three AA batteries.
9. Mace Windu ROTS FX Lightsaber re-issue: Still has the same slightly out-of-scale hilt-style as it's AOTC counterpart, but makes use of the new sound and LED electronics. Not yet released, though expected to show up in future shipments with the Luke ROTJ re-issue. Now takes only three AA batteries.
My write-up. Enjoy! (BTW; I have 1,2,3,5,6 and hope to have 8 before the weekend!)
Nicky: The Luke ROTJ re-issue is a Borders exclusive! No Media Play appearance will these make...
umm actually this Luke one still takes 6 batteries
OK - well hopefully I'll get the chance to get out to Borders before they're all gone.
Maybe on the way back from Letchworth on Saturday.
To quote a certian Sith Lord; "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!"
Damn! I though that aspect would be lost in the translation from EL to LED! Thank God for those rechargeable NiMh batteries from Wal-Mart that outlast regular alkalines 3 to 1 between charges.
Okay - I wasn't sure where to post this most geeky question, but since this thread has been about the green Luke saber, I put it here.
Which lightsaber did Luke give Mara in The Last Command? It's been years since I read the trilogy, but I always thought it was the green one from ROTJ since this happened after ROTJ and this series included some of the first SW novels that came out. But I noticed in the histories of the lightsaber site, http://www.thelightsaber.com, that they say it was Anakin's blue saber, but how? Didn't he lose that one on Bespin with his hand? Someday (after I'm tired of Barbara Michaels and ELizabeth Peters books) I plan to reread them or read my whole SW library in chronological order. So, now I'm not sure which is more appropriate for my Mara costume then.
I'll have to go back and reference the book.
I seem to recall reading somewhere that Anakin's saber was recovered by someone...
but at the moment I'm not recalling when/whom or what became of it.
It was rescued but my history is a little leery on exactly WHO found Anakins lightsaber on Bespin. I believe it might have been Kam Solusar but dont quote me. Also, an interesting side note to the missing lightsaber conversation, ObiWans lightsaber was taken by Lord Vader back to his personal throneworld of Vjun and laid as a trophy for decades before being found by....Anakin Solo.
As I remember it, from the legends, some of those fugly Ugnaughts recovered Luke's severed hand and the lightsaber in it, which Vader then claimed, and gave as a prize to the Emperor. I also thought I remember some tale of them taking some of the DNA and making a clone Luke in one of the stories. Mebbe not...
As far as which saber Mara was given... I think it was this saber of Luke's, that he "lost" on Bespin; the blue Graflex-styled one that was previously Anakin's. And, if memory serves, the Emperor gave it to his "hand", Mara, before she started to hunt Luke down.
Thank you Dean for that tidbit.
The severed hand actually came into play in the creation of Luuke Skywalker from the Zahn Trilogy dealing with Grand Admiral Thrawn, Joruus C'Baoth, and the Wayland Cloning Facility.
Wayland was a backwater world ruled by the mad Jedi Clone Joruus C'Baoth. Thrawn had possession of a blood sample taken from what was left of Lukes hand and C'Baoth used it to create Luuke. Mara was given the Saber by Palpy to hunt him down.
That sounds about right
Oye vey, I just googled Mara photos - Decipher and the Star Wars Insider have her using a purple blade! Maybe she uses whatever lightsaber she finds lying around. So, does Mara need to have a specific blade for the 501st? It doesn't seem so since I see Mara's with red, blue, purple and pink.
Yeah, I think Mara was famous for having the purple blade long before Mace came into the picture. I would think (for 501st) you'd need to match the lightsaber to the costume. And, for that particular costume I think she's famous for having the purple blade. But doing no research on Mara myself - I suppose I could be wrong. I just know that all the pictures I've had Shannon (Baska) McRandall sign have been the black leather suit and purple blade.
Gang; As "luck" would have it, I lost one of my regular nights of work this week, so I'm pretty much back where I started... , so my plan to run out and get the new/re-issued Luke saber at Borders has gone awry. Is there any way someone can put one on their charge card while it's still on sale, and I will claim the saber when it's all paid up in a couple weeks...? Any hep would be hot... thanx...
Darren, Scott; I haven't forgotten about you guys...