main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY MR FX LightSabers

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by T_StarFlyer, Oct 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TX4277

TX4277 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    I was at the Borders near Eastview last night and they were a) out of the Luke sabers and b) no longer on sale ($119.95). It's unfortunate b/c I wanted one too but I am relegated to waiting until I find a deal that I can't pass up. But its all good as I really don't need one either.

2. MadKidJedi

MadKidJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2005
    Nothing to see here... move along... move along...

3. MadKidJedi

May 7, 2005
    A Stealth Trooper with a green lightsaber, hmmmm? Gives me flashbacks of a certain Ralph McQuarrie concept painting... sort of.

Anyway, I HAD to share this link with you all... had to! Lookit the price on the Bloodrayne Daggers! Holy crap!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.html/102-6885512-5871315?%5Fencoding=UTF8&me=A36NIL00HJ3IIY

Screw the FX sabers... I'm getting the entire "Kill Bill" Set of swords for less than one FX!!!!

4. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    mike make sure to make the trip to Borders in Hennrietta that's where I got mine & saw the sales stickers. I cant confirm if the eastview store had the sale on them too.

5. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    They even had a grappling hook for Luke. [face_laugh]

6. MadKidJedi

May 7, 2005
    In case you haven't sent this news yet... check it out...

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/PreToy_Fair_Master_Replicas_95428.asp

My wallet is already crying.

7. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    Yeah, Scott was telling us about the Obi-Wan and Darth Maul sabers at bowling on Sunday. I picked up Vader's lightsabers (MR and toy) at Spencer's for Mara on Friday, so my budget is crying until I get paid on Halloween. Since I would fill a punch card with the purchase and got their new loyalty card I saved 20% and received 2 $25 gift cards for November. Plus I'll be getting a $15 gift card in February from their new loyalty card just from that purchase. Maybe they will get Mace's in during that time, so we can use those gift cards towards it. [face_praying]

8. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Finally got a MR FX saber of my own - two actually!
    We now own both the Vader and Anakin.
    Not the Luke ROTJ as I've been hoping to find, but I just couldn't pass them up at the price.

I also noticed this link posted on the Rebelscum boards...

~Doc_Bev

9. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    hey all Borders in Henrietta had several vader red, Anikin blue & luke green light sabers for $99

10. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    edit: Picked mine up this evening, put the batteries in and it works great! [face_dancing]
    It's so much louder than the Vader & Anakin ones...
    My Luke has some slight striping, but looks fine while in motion.

~Doc_Bev

11. mrgr8ness

mrgr8ness Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2005
    For those who don't already know-

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=2-2/qid=1136570537/ref=sr_2_2/601-3366547-1856908?%5Fencoding=UTF8&asin=B0007PHN3A

I got my Anakin for Christmas, before the price break. Oh well. If I had an extra $80, I would get the Vader, but I need to really put the money toward my costume.

12. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    It was nice to see a "coming soon" ad for the Darth Maul FX lightsaber in this month's SW Insider magazine. [face_dancing]

~Doc_Bev

13. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Just got an email from Master Replicas that the Darth Maul saber is coming out Feb 23rd! But they don't expect to ship them until late Spring 2006. :(
    The full double blade is $199 and the "battle damaged" single blade is $109.

~Doc_Bev

14. MadKidJedi

May 7, 2005
    Didn't know where to post this, so I think I'll Dual-post it here and in our MR thread... buy anyway...

Yesterday I finally obtained an MR FX Anakin Ep.3 saber for "belt dressing". I went to Marketplace Mall with my friend Rob, and stumbled into the Spencers Gifts store there (where 3-4 weeks ago saw that they had the Ani saber, the Vader Ep.V FX saber, and the "Borders exclusive" (NOT) Luke Ep.VI FX sabers on display). The only Ani saber was the "try me" one, and was even then showing some serious shop-wear. Then, the guy would only sell it for 25% of, or $75.00. Well, yesterday, I went in, saw the saber, tried to power it up... no blade lights, and the only sound was the power up noise, which was quick-repeating. Being a consumer of this product already, I knew that this was probably just a sign of spent batteries (turns out, it was), but I asked the girl if they'd be willing to sell it to me real cheap. She went and got the manager (the same guy I had asked those many weeks ago), and this time, he made an offer I couldn't refuse... 75% off, or $25.00!! $27.00, with tax. Of course I took it home. After I picked it up a worker at the Game-Stop store there recognized me from our stint at Tinseltown during the Ep.3 Premiere weekend. I still have to wonder if it was because I was carrying that 'saber around the Mall...

So today I attempted to remove the lade, and I'm happy to say... it's off! And it looks great hanging from the belt. Still weighty, as I keep batteries in it, 'cuz the sound mechanism still works perfectly. However, with the blade detached, there's no clash sounds. Just power up/down, and the gyro controled "swoosh" sound. Very cool though. Other than some cosmetic touch ups to the hilt, she looks good. The plastic parts that had to be pryed off were kinda stressed, so I'm gonna try some epoxy or resin fixes on the plastic flaws, and then try to restore the finish with some metallic paints when that dries.

After having attempted this, I gotta say, it ain't easy, but if you can get one cheap... do it. Beats wearing a $350 limited edition prop replica around...

15. TX4277

TX4277 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    Good find Dean! Sweet deal too.

16. -KnightShade-

-KnightShade- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2004
    Dean -

I am curious - What are your plans for the blade?

Our "kid saber" bit the dust at the Village Gate Toy Show...
    I would consider re-seating the blade in something else if it is otherwise going to go to waste.
    (Wonder if anyone has done pinouts of it...)

If however you plan to re-attach it in the future, no worries. I'll just keep my eye open for another neon kit.

17. MadKidJedi

May 7, 2005
    I really haven't given it much thought. I was thinking of hanging onto it, but I accidently pulled one of the 8 colored wires apart inside the base of the tube, rendering the thing moot, even if it were to be attached again.... unless someone had Dremel and soldering skills, and then, there may be a future for the thing... The acrylic of the tube is in really good condition (considering it was a display piece at the Mall), and might be worth hanging onto, in case I crack my other one (which may have already happened beneath the blue wrap. I'll find out tonight when I re-wrap it for the trip).

At any rate, we'll talk about this in Pittsburgh, right?

18. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    For those of you who don't have these yet...... the following is from Master Replica's Site

Mr FX Lightsabres

Just pick one for a limited time and we?ll ship it FREE*.

And as a special bonus you choose your own FREE mini lightsaber, a scaled replica of one of the following six, and we?ll include FREE shipping and handling for the whole order. So you?ll save about $75.

Anakin Skywalker, EP. III Obi_Wan Kenobi, EP. III Darth Vader, EP. III

Yoda, EP. III Darth Tyranus, EP. III Darth Sidious, EP. III

You drive a hard bargain, but you want a better deal so you can duel with your friends?

You want to take some lightsabers to school
    and toss one to the kid who?s always causing you trouble ?
    and show him who?s a Jedi and who?s a weasley little slug?

Oh, you want to take a couple of these to the office and decimate the creep who always takes credit for your work?

You want to have one lightsaber at the office, one lightsaber at home, and one lightsaber in the car so if some creep makes a
    move on your girl, you grab your FX Lightsaber and slaughter the little slimer with a couple of Jedi moves while your
    date watches you with love in her eyes?
    Hey, wait a minute?

Buy any 2 FX lightsabers for $119.00 each, and you go on and choose from the list and pick a 3rd FX Lightsaber?FREE!

Yes, you read right.
    Get your third lightsaber FREE when you buy two.
    Any combination, buy any 2 FX Lightsabers
    for $119.00 each. . .
    . . . and your 3rd one is FREE.
    With FREE shipping* and FREE handling.
    And you save $179.00!

And if we manufacture them and we can?t do better, that means we have the best deal in the world to get you
    your FX Lightsabers, mini studio replicas lightsabers, free shipping, free handling and save you money!

19. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    Bumping to prevent re-lock. :)

20. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Has anyone seen any of the Yoda sabers out in stores yet?
    I was figuring that would be a great size for Connor.

~Doc_Bev

21. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    They are on pre-order to ship this spring... I don't think you'll see them before summer

22. MadKidJedi

May 7, 2005
    Looky what came to my door today...

[image=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b18/MadKidJedi/Collection%20Pix/IMG_0077.jpg]
    [image=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b18/MadKidJedi/Collection%20Pix/IMG_0072.jpg]

Thinking about doin' some customs...

23. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Does this mean no more lightsabers?
    I only skimmed the article... I'm assuming Corgi ownes Master Replicas?

~Doc_Bev

24. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    Yea that what it looks like , end of 2007 is when the contract expires. ;-( very sad indeed

25. TreborGahKor

TreborGahKor Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 14, 2005
    Yes, Corgi owns Master Replicas and is there financing company. They have had problems in the past coming to terms with the contracts with Lucasfilm Ltd., but it appears that our deepest fears have now come true. Nothing from Master Replicas will be Star Wars related. Lucasfilm claims they are looking for another company to work with, but it appears that they may be looking to "reign in" the replicas and reproductions. That in association with all of the law suits against companies making money off of Lightsaber "look alikes" tells me that Lucasfilm Ltd. may be thinking of getting into making their own replicas. This may be good as I'm sure they'd be accurate, but I'm sure they would also be massively expensive and vastly rare. Here's another thought, how does Lucasfilm go after some of these companies and shut down Master Replicas out of money, yet they let a company like Park Sabers exist? Just a thought, but it is quite possible that we've seen our last Master Replicas line. That brings a tear to my eye as this means there will be no Qui-Gon Master Replicas saber for Charlie ;(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.