main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY MR FX LightSabers

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by T_StarFlyer, Oct 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadKidJedi

MadKidJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2005
    But they've done two; an LE and the only CE ever done by MR. Oh, you mean the FX... yeah... that does suck.

2. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Yoda Fx Saber is 99.99 at Spencers Eastview did not have any, & after Nicky, Bill W & I Marketplace only has 2 left ;-)

3. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    We're probably going to pick up a 2nd one when we get the chance so that we have one nice one and one Connor can play with. :p

~Doc_Bev

4. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    Spencers marketplace also got in the Obi Wan for 99.99

5. MadKidJedi

MadKidJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2005
    Hey, gang;

Not sure if anyone had heard yet, but while en route to the Buffalo airport to fly to LA, I got a call from the Rebel Legion contact person, Kieron, who asked if I'd be interested in attending/volunteering at the Master Replicas Party as Obi-Wan, which I did (of course, along with my Padawan).

Ryan did duty at the gate, granting access to such persons as John Williams and others, while I played the part of Armory/Saber Master, granting accesss to the 20 or so "try me" FX sabers put out for the Force FX Trials. At nights's end, Trials participants were allowed their choice of FX 's to take home, as were Ryan and myself for our part in the evening. We both scored nicely: Ryan with an Anakin Ep. 3 FX to replace the one he had boughten only days before at the Con (and quickly trashed whilst dueling!!), and an Obi-Wan FX, and I got the Yoda FX and an additional Obi-Wan (to duel with, and allow me to keep the one I had purchased in NYC at ComicCon in a more pristine condition). In addition, I met a friend right at closing time (who I came to know back in December when I won his eBay auction of the 6 de-bladed Anakin hilts): Michael Murphy of FX-Sabers.com. He hooked me up with a few of the "Swag-bags" that were being given to the party attendees. Not much in there, but a few pins and a neat photo from Official Pix, showing the Day-One lines outside Mann's Chinese Theater from May 25th, 1977.

I've got some pix from the party, amongst the two-thousand or so photos that I took in LA, but I haven't uploaded them to anywhere yet. I will... soon.

All in all, worth missing the Rebel Legion dinner that same night that I had paid $28 for...

6. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    Very cool, Yes Lets see pics!

7. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Nice score!

~Doc_Bev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.