main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY MR losing SW Lisence in 2008

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by jedidave76, May 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedidave76

jedidave76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2004
    buh-bye Fx's

buh-bye LE's

buh-bye .45's

buy-bye MR!

2. Qui-Gon_Tom

Qui-Gon_Tom Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 9, 2006
    somebody will pick up the line.....????? wont they????

3. Aunna_Lauren

Aunna_Lauren Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 19, 2006
    Isn't it lousy!
    Find a place that gives you what you want,
    and they pull the rug out from under you.
    Blagh.....

4. BigDanLevitan

BigDanLevitan Jedi Master star 5

Jun 26, 2005
    wow i guess thats what happens when you steal ideas from fans and say that they are your own....they made some great stuff but im sure someone will get the license down the road

5. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    I can still get anything you guys may need... Lightsaber wise. ;)

6. longbino

longbino Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2004
    This is really too bad. Also they have pulled out of C4 and will not be selling their exclusives there only on the website. This is their way of getting back at Lucasfilm for not having their license renewed or something. I am not a huge colector of their stuff but I thought that the helmets were sweet and have a few of them. They are expensive and I wonder if that had something to do with it.

7. jedidave76

jedidave76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2004
    i'm bummed because i'm DYING for the X-Wing

8. SilverDroid8

SilverDroid8 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2005
    This one doesn?t make me happy. I always liked ?high end? collectibles, around the $300 to $500 dollar range, and I think there is a big future for this kind of business over the next hundred years, but that is just my opinion.

I don?t think a business like Lucas Arts ?has? to do anything. I do not doubt that they will find another high end company to take MR?s place. There?s that other one which does Harry Potter, or the Lords of the Ring. Plus quite a few others that could be created.

The problem is the timing. They may not be able to fill that MR void before CIV takes place. I?m sure a lot of the other companies participating will pick it up.

The only part where it gets a bit dodgy is if MR has any copyrights or secrets (I?m not sure of the proper term) on the manufacturing process for the light saber replicas.

I do not doubt Lucas Arts will fill the void quickly. And convincingly.

But MR, or Corgi, is a business that ?does have to? do things. Corgi just went through a major restructering where a lot was sold off and other properties bought. (Like MR.) (They used to do a lot of Hallmark Store type things here.) They were selling stock at $0.40 a share. They had a reverse split (not good at all). Now it trades at just under $6.00 a share. They are so heavy in debt it is staggering. They have a really small market cap with relatively little liquidity. Basically they are heavily debt ridden while still being a penny stock. They simply will not exist unless something changes, and I am afraid this is part of it. A dangerous buy is an understatement. (They are a public, not a private company.)

That, and when any one company gets too closely associated to Lucas Arts, I think it is time to try other companies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.