main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Mr pilot slows down

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Diesel_Dave, Oct 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Purple & Metallic Orange, in alternating streaks.

2. Master_Duron

Master_Duron Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2002
    If you got away with just 1 year you were lucky.

3. Kirana_T

Kirana_T Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2002
    Most of my school pics were truly horrid, especially in junior high. Why, oh why, did my mom let me keep getting perms? My hair is extremely straight, and rebelled against any attempt to make it do anything that was in style at all. What a nightmare!

4. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Oh, no, I have more, that's just the worse one. There was also the year I cut my own hair, because my mother felt I should not have bangs, and I felt the opposite. WARNING: Never attempt this at home, it's bad, very, very bad!

5. Sistine

Sistine Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    I did the Duran Duran thing and bleached the front of my bangs for almost three years...Did the Madonna thing for a while, my 8th grade pic have a huge Lace bow thing in my hair?then I wised up and went punk in the late 80's all black and combat boots. I laugh when the kids at Hot Topic laugh at me when I am in there dressed straight..."Ha you little...I dressed like that when you were in Luv's"

6. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Yeah, we didn't have retail stores to cater to our fashing trends, we just made them up as we went along.

I was more of a Waver, than a punk, but my hair went from hanging down at my waist, to 1-1/2 off the top of my head (straight up). And I put the colored gel (or other things) in my hair to follow the path of my eye make-up (from eye to tip of hair, ala Patti Smyth in Warrior video). What can I say, I was in a band, and we all did some weird stuff (we even had someone w/ a Flock of Seagulls haircut).

7. Diesel_Dave

Diesel_Dave Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    My mother gets a kick out of seeing the return of Platform shoes. and I quote "I fell off a pair of those when I was in school"

8. Jedi_Wench

Jedi_Wench Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2002
    [face_laugh] SNORT!!! Void you will never live down those pictures!! SOOO cute!!

Anyway..my worst clothing nightmare was when I was in elementary school. My mother used to make me wear red corduroy bell bottoms. Not only were they red...and cords...they were BELL BOTTOMS!! [face_shocked] I mean that was soooo 70's and this was the 80's!!! I hated wearing those things...I'd be VVVVTTTT, VTTTTing down the hall and no matter how wide I tried to spread my legs as I walked, those stupid bells would rub together. The kids could hear me coming from a mile away and oh...the laughing! The laughing!! [face_shocked]

The trauma...

9. Kirana_T

May 28, 2002
    What are parents did to us! Anybody else remember those late-70's plaid pants? Every picture of any trip to the zoo or anywhere, all of my cousins and me are wearing them. The horror! :eek:

10. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    I had those pants, but a little earlier, because me & my god-sisters have a picture w/ all of us wearing them, but they had bell bottoms!!!

11. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    *Runs around in circles screaming*

I forgot about those!! :_| I had a nasty pair too!!! WAAA HAAA HAAAA!!

*Shudder*

I think I need a hug! [face_shocked]

12. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Hugs to you and all who were forced to suffer at the hands of their parents' bad fashion sense!

13. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    Sniff, sniff...thanks Zoo!

14. Master_Duron

Apr 29, 2002
    Before I hit puberty my hair was almost white(like its getting now again) and very straight. When you all come over on the 19th you will have to see this picture on my piano. I am about 3 and look like an albino Chinese girl. Oh the torture.

15. Sistine

Sistine Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    I just bought a pair of Pink Plaid bell bottoms!!! I love em'

16. Master_Duron

Apr 29, 2002
    Your a sick, sick women

17. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Quick, someone get that girl some medicine! She's gone, (Dumm dum,dum) Plaid!!!!!!!!

18. Master_Duron

Apr 29, 2002
    Is there a patch for that?

19. Kirana_T

May 28, 2002
    Yes, it's plaid.

Stupid one post limit!!

20. Darth_Moridin

Darth_Moridin Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2002
    I had purple jeans, ok? And Hammer pants. Don't get me started.

As soon as I started in on my own fashion, I was grunge. Then it shifted more towards the all black/combat boots/80's metal head look. I still like that look, though I usually dress normally, now.

BTW, my mom reminisces about her first date with my father back in the early 70's. She said Dad was really hot in his burgundy bell bottoms with pink pockets, a burgundy and pink paisley shirt, and engineer's boots.

21. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    AHHH HAAAA HAAAAA!! I love it, Moridin I can just see your Dad dressed in burgandy and pink!! [face_laugh]

My parents wedding pictures are hideous!! They were married in 1975. Now I do have to say one thing for my father, he is color blind, but the tux he wore.....I still think that was a criminal act.

My mother looked good in her white dress, but my Dad...oh, the HORROR! [face_shocked]

He had that hair style, you know the one...not too short, but just hairy enough. You wonder how hair can do that. Then there were the dark brown sunglasses. You remember..the ones that were too big for ANYONE'S face! But oh...the pain of that tux. It was yellow and dark brown. Yes, that's right, the white frilly shirt, yellow cummerbun, and dark brown slacks and jacket. I still grimace when I'm forced to look at their wedding pictures. [face_shocked]

I don't know what he was thinking.

Probably something along the lines of:

I'm a SEXY beast..YEAH!!

22. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    See, that's the advantage of being old, my parents were married in 64, so the guys all wore Dinner Jacket tuxedos, no weird hair, no frilly shirts. They look nice and completely boring. My parents were a part of the sixties, but they had jobs!!! My dad worked for the DOE: Atomic Energy Commission and my mom worked for a very old bank in Virginia (almost worked for the FBI, so I have a very large file somewhere in the fibbie's computers :D ).

23. Diesel_Dave

Diesel_Dave Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    contradict
    verb [T]
    (of people) to state the opposite of what someone else has said, or (of one fact or statement) to be so different from another fact or statement that one of them must be wrong

A contradiction in terms is a combination of words which is nonsense because some of the words suggest the opposite of some of the others.

As soon as I started in on my own fashion, I was grunge.

:p

24. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    [face_laugh] @ Dave!!

25. Master_Duron

Apr 29, 2002
    Sistine - when do we get to see these pictures of Void

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.