main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mr. Skywalker...you're under arrest! *possible spoilers*

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Cigam Retah, Jun 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Senator_Elegos_A-Kla

Senator_Elegos_A-Kla Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 18, 2001
    The media is probably in Fey'lya's control by now. It's a tool, spreading anger & hate about the Jedi starting the war - Which they didn't do. And look at the PT senate - squabbling delegates out for thier own profit.

There's only a handful of Jedi supporters in the senate by my best guess. But the Jedi probably could get out from under the net since he's going to issue the order in 6 hour from when Kenth Hamner told them.

Why I said Jedi is because - If Luke & Mara leave Coruscant, Borsk will be upset and try to capture the ones still on the planet to get Luke to rescue his comrades.

2. AlphaWolf

AlphaWolf Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 27, 2000
    of course he will surrender if cornered.

he's just too moral not to!

3. Supreme_Overlord

Supreme_Overlord Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2001
    If Luke does surrender, Jacen will be in charge of Luke's followers. Anakin is sorta on Kyp's side, so he won't. Mara is getting ready to give birth, and Kam and Tionne are training the little ones. Maybe Ganner, but I think Jacen will be seeing some action in the upcoming novels. I hope Corran comes back too. If ya think about it, he didn't do anything wrong. Whoo hoo, he let Shai know he was dying. Didn't Obi-Wan do the same thing with Maul. There was a slight second when Maul was standing there, looking at Ben in shock. If Corran is exiled, I think Obi should have been too.

4. Nighthawk_Andy

Nighthawk_Andy Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2001
    if Kyp takes control of everything, they'll have to rename the series, the New DARK jedi order. ;)

5. Rotan

Rotan Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2001
    In the words of Mara Jade, "Oh please let them try arresting us,"

6. Supreme_Overlord

Supreme_Overlord Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2001
    Only the jedi that already side with Kyp would follow him. So, I don't think we have to worry about Kyp's faction getting much bigger. It will either be Jacen or Ganner leading the jedi.

7. mj

mj Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 12, 1998
    In a way, Luke and Mara are already under house arrest... They can't leave Coruscant. I can see Luke turning himself in, to Mara's ire. (Luke might turn himself in so she can get offplanet to have the baby?) The only problem is who will advise the Jedi in his absence? Mara will be out of the picture regardless... Maybe Jacen'll step up to the plate. I imagine that if he did, though, that would definitely drive Anakin over to Kyp's camp. :\

8. LaraNotsil

LaraNotsil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2000
    I think a major thing that is being missing here is that arrest for luke would be very different than arrest for someone else.

I mean...half the guys who will be gaurding him joined up because he was on half the recruiting posters...someone once said, "Once you are a hero, you no longer need strength."

It is true.

He would be in control of his imprisonment.

If he ever wanted to leave he could just make a gaurd let him out with his mind...

Arrest does not exist for Luke...it would be more like his saying, "Ok...you guys can have your fun..."

What would be cool is if Borsk threatens Mara...and Luke goes mad and kills him...

//wistfully

Anyway I would like to see Anakin teach everyone else how to affect the YV wiht the force...then the party will really get going.

9. Keiran_Halcyon

Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2001
    Good points Cigam Retah and LanceJade I don't think Luke would kill NR ppl either but I was more thinking of a force energy shield and float himself and Mara out of there :D The giving up idea is a good one LJ and it will probably happen.

10. suncrusherX

suncrusherX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2001
    I can't see any of the jedi following Jacen. It's been said corran's coming back and him and/or kam would be Luke's "deputies."

11. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    the vong know about ysalmarri .

12. Tellesto

Tellesto Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 1999
    I think that many points on this thread are very good and well thought out, but another initial thought was brought to my mind when I saw the first post by Cigam.

Could the Jedi actually flee to the Empire?

It is a possibility that something of that occurrence could take place.
    The Empire under Pealleon's control is not an Imperial one except in dire circumstances as demonstrated by the Battle of Ithor.
    Luke may find them as a tolerant hideout to conduct the Jedi dealings.

Moreover, it could stand as a strong plot to re-introduce the Bothan character who fought alongside Pealleon at Ithor as well as give some Jedi (Kyp, Solo Children) the chance to be tempted with launching a new Empire from their political location.

13. Cyclonetrooper

Cyclonetrooper Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 14, 2000
    Luke will probably do that, and also in the name of "the dignity and honor of the New Republic."

Personally, I feel the Borsk is just trying to get all the Jedi adn turn them over to the Vong. Dirty little slimeball.

14. StormtrooperVF101

StormtrooperVF101 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 29, 2001
    Fire Ice Death,

Technically Luke didn't destroy the DS it was his proton torpedos and Ben,

Also Darth Vader did more damage to the Emperor than Luke did...

15. Tellesto

Tellesto Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 1999
    Right, but it was public knowledge that Luke Skywalker was the man who had defeated Darth Vader.
    So, even if they didn't view him as the man who killed Vader (through the Empire's political coverup, it was simply stated that a double agent did the Emperor in) the galaxy at large still knows that Luke Skywalker is the man who took down Vader in lightsaber combat.

And a specific few know he's Vader's son..

16. Cigam Retah

Cigam Retah Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 1999
    In the Thrawn Trilogy, Luke constantly told people that he did not kill the Emperor, but Vader did.

17. KansasNavy

KansasNavy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    Luke is a celebrity. In the beginning of 'Before the Storm', he was saying how he could feel people's awe as he walked by. I doubt the populus of the NR would ever support arresting him. I wouldn't be surprised if the warrant was for like speeding during rush hour twenty years ago, and he never paid it, and through a loop-hole, Borsk will use it for his advantage.

Something tells me that Luke won't get a trial, either.

18. suncrusherX

suncrusherX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2001
    A convenient way to not give him a trial would be to schedule one and have some assassins attack the trial, thus making th enr give him a private trial deep in the bowels of coruscant for his "protection."

19. Cigam Retah

Cigam Retah Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 1999
    A failed assasination attempt?

*spoiler joke*
    Hope they don't use a kyber dart.

20. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
  21. Tahiri_2

Tahiri_2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 20, 2001
    Luke will probably give in and I think that Jacen will have the spot light.(with help from friends)

Someone young is going to solve everything. (most likely the solo kids or, corran's son, tahiri, or luke's son?)

They really need to bring the Bothan Admiral and Corran back.

Anikin might go to Kyp's side. That is only if Tahiri doesn't warn him; he would listen to her. But we all know that they are alone together for most of rebirth so I don't think he will change sides.

22. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    Well, since rebirth is now out, we now know Luke doesn't get arrested.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.