main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MS Update MS Update March 30th, 2005

Discussion in 'Communications' started by HL&S , Mar 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    GENTLEMEN! BEHOLD!!!!

This is the most original update yet. All love my unique style. The graphics are awesome. It took me hours to create this masterpiece.

MODERATORS

LAJ FETT returned from Prague with some Star Wars collectibles. And there was much rejoicing.

LadyPadme's computer has been acting less than fresh. So her online time recently has been "spotty." *cue dramatic music*

DatanaSkywalker took a week off for meditation. Then came back yesterday!

Vaderize03 and Surlygirlie are still on vacation. Not together of course. Unless there's something we don't know...

Sister Sola was away from her comp on Good Friday. Then the next day she....wait for it.....wait for it..... RETURNED!

TwiLekJedi was apparently forced into playing the CT Trivia contest. If he misses a question, he gets banned.

Jedi Humaira Blaine has decided to step down as Manager of the WNU forum. :( We are currently discussing her replacement. Though we all know it's impossible. So all new users are doomed.

DISCUSSIONS

Problem Users were discussed. Then we promptly had them executed. With the exception of the ones that greased our palms.

We further discussed the Literature Forum Contest ideas.

Some swear words were discussed like *** and ******!

Zerosleep apologized for messing with our Mod powers last week and then gave us new powers that we will torture you all with. On a side note, I believe I look better in black and neon green than he does.

We discussed/blamed Famous Amos for all our recent troubles. It wasn't really a discussion but more of a beat down.

ANNOUNCEMENTS

We're still moving! Just don't know when exactly. But we're accepting donations on gas money for the U-Hauls. Just send the cash to me.

We were reminded of Daylight Savings Time this coming weekend! Europe has already set their clocks 1 hour ahead and our boards will do the same (I hope) next Sunday.

The Fanfiction Focus Group has begun and the first topic is already being discussed.

In other news, after much discussion and delay, the Prequel Trilogy Forum is finally opening on April 2nd!!! The forum moderators are Darth-Stryphe, Mace Windy and Strilo. New threads will be discontinued in TPM and AOTC on April 9th. More details will be made available once the new forum opens!"

A Reminder on Spoilers. Do not post ROTS dialogue or link to sites with ROTS spoilers on them in your signatures. Innocent people are seeing and clicking who do not wish to be spoiled. On that note...

...REVENGE OF THE SITH Novels, Visual Dictionaries, Art of ROTS, childrens books, stickers, and alot of other spoilerish stuff come out at the end of the week and at the start of next week. 3SA is the only forum designated for discussion of such sources with the exception of specially designated "spoilers allowed" threads in the lit forum or wherever they so appear outside 3SA. You post any spoilers outside of 3sa or those special threads and you shall be banned. BANNED!!!!!!!!!

Finally, with all that in mind...

LFL has expressed "concern" regarding the moderation of copyrighted material in the Spoiler forum. If the situation does not improve then LFL has threatened that further steps may need to be taken. The 3SA mods and administration are looking at possible solutions to the problem.

2. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] Nice update.

LFL has expressed "concern" regarding the moderation of copyrighted material in the Spoiler forum. If the situation does not improve then LFL has threatened that further steps may need to be taken. The 3SA mods and administration are looking at possible solutions to the problem.

Speed up the move so that when they do come down, they find a cleared-out residence? :p

3. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Wow, this update was beautiful, Ian. [face_love] I love your use of the bold feature.

4. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    Vaderize03 and Surlygirlie are still on vacation. Not together of course. Unless there's something we don't know...

although for the life of me I cant seem to interject something about british politics and costumes in this thread.

can someone help me out here?

5. Kimball_Kinnison

Kimball_Kinnison Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 28, 2001
    although for the life of me I cant seem to interject something about british politics and costumes in this thread.

What does british politics have to do with Vaderize? He's from Pennsylvania, which last I checked, was in the US, not the UK.

:p

Kimball Kinnison

6. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    sorry about that, I was thinking politics and costumes.

and I thought they go together.

Its cross dressing british politicians.

not pennsylvanian dutchman

My bad.

7. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Look! Leaked ModSquad pic of said same enjoying the spoils!![image=http://www.princeton.edu/pr/pwb/04/0223/m/1a.jpg]

See, some of us knew that 'greasing the palms' works better when it melts in your mouth, not in your hand!

8. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    In other news, after much discussion and delay, the Prequel Trilogy Forum is finally opening on April 2nd!!! The forum moderators are Darth-Stryphe, Mace Windy and Strilo. New threads will be discontinued in TPM and AOTC on April 9th. More details will be made available once the new forum opens!

Regarding that, (which I can't wait for) what wil be the spoiler policy in the PT forum, is there is any planned at all?

9. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    Nice update!

It is sad to see Jedi_Humaira_Blaine go.

darth_nemisis

10. darth_grievous1

darth_grievous1 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2004
    Very funny. SO, will we still be able to put new threads in 3SA?

11. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    How is that even related, really? Stopping people from posting new threads in 3SA will not stop people from replying with copyrighted material. ;)

12. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    The "move thread" feature better be utilized for all the classic threads in the new PT forum.

13. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    egarding that, (which I can't wait for) what wil be the spoiler policy in the PT forum, is there is any planned at all?

Yes the PT forum will adhere to the JC spoiler policy to the letter, except for one specific Spoilers Allowed thread.

14. Pellaeon-Firke

Pellaeon-Firke Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    We further discussed the Literature Forum Contest ideas.

Is the public going to hear about these before implementation, or just the MS?

15. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    Aw, Jedi Humaira Blaine's leaving? :( That sucks...

You are making me nervous with all the 'we have no idea when we're moving' jazz. Maybe we'll log in one day and the JC will be gone! *runs out, screaming in terror*

16. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    "Yes the PT forum will adhere to the JC spoiler policy to the letter, except for one specific Spoilers Allowed thread."

Wouldn't the place to discuss the PT with regards to spoilers be in 3SA?

17. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    The new PT forum sounds awesome! :)

And I'm sorry to hear Jedi Humaira Blaine is stepping down. :(

18. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    Jedi Humaira Blaine has decided to step down as Manager of the WNU forum. :( We are currently discussing her replacement. Though we all know it's impossible. So all new users are doomed.

Tis true :( We'll miss you Pash! :(

19. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Very informative update.

So I guess this means Pash has the honor of being 2003's first ex-mod? :p

20. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Wouldn't the place to discuss the PT with regards to spoilers be in 3SA?

Spoiler threads that are clearly marked are at the discretion of forum mods. We decided to allow one thread to steer all possible spoiler discussion to. Really it's not that big an issue as the film is out soon anyway. Spoilers outside that thread will be dealt with swiftly and harshly.

21. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Spoilers outside that thread will be dealt with swiftly and harshly.

Much appreciated already :).

22. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    Tim will strike down with great vengeance and furrrrrrrrrrious anger, those who would attempt to spoil my brothers. And you will know his name is the MOD, when he lays his banstick upon thee...

23. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Qui-Gina-Jinn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 2, 2003
    Thanks for the update.

So sorry to see Pash go! :'(

24. a jedi master

a jedi master Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 1999

Who do LFL think they are ? The mods here to a tough job of addressing the copyrighted material in a timely manner - you can't blame them if nutters constantly post links to stuff!

25. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Well, things are getting crazy at the moment, with LFL. People really have no idea what we're going through, right now. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.