main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MS Walk 2006 -- Any Interest in Getting a Team Together?

Discussion in 'Archive: Greenville, NC' started by Dal--Intrepid, Mar 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    I picked up an MS Walk brochure at McDonald's the other day and noticed the walk is on Saturday, April 8. There are two courses: a 4 mile and a 1 mile. My first thought was it might be kind of cool to do the small walk, maybe even in costumes (weather permitting). If not in costume, we could all still wear Star Wars related shirts or something. It'd be good exposure for the club and we could of course try and get donations. There would be a $25 minimum contribution to register a team. That is really all I know about the whole thing right now, I'm still sort of researching it. I know we have folks with leg injuries and such; also Saturdays may be tougher for some than our normal Sunday stuff. Anyway, I wanted to throw it out there for discussion before getting too into it. Let me know your thoughts on this. If we can swing it, we'll have a quick planning meeting in March and use the walk as our April meeting. Thanks! [face_peace]

2. vswader

vswader Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2002
    I would be interested in participating. Sounds like fun and for a great cause. Keep us posted.

3. The_Green_Ranger

The_Green_Ranger Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2004
    if its a cool day it may be interesting to walk in TK armor lol. As long as I get to rest before and afterwards, (because of my bad ankles) I may be able to do something like the one mile.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.