main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN MSC Booth Volunteer sign-up sheet.

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Qui-Gon Tim, Mar 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Below you'll find the Volunteer sign-up sheet for our booth at this year's MidSouth Con. I would like to have two people at the booth at all times if possible.

Remember: The SMT needs your help to make our first appearance at MidSouth Con successful and enjoyable!!

I have divided the days into time blocks for both days- two-hour blocks for Saturday, March 29th . The first and last blocks include load-in/cleanup/strike. I am planning on being there during the entirety of our operating hours so I can not only make sure that everyone who volunteers can get out from behind the booth to enjoy the Con for a bit, but also to fulfill my presidential duty of spreading Star Wars to the masses. (I have a shovel for just such an occasion.) I am not including myself in the two-person-per-shift request.

Please sign up by posting your requested hours. The list will be updated as people sign up.

I'm also including a sign-up list for the St. Jude visit and platelet donations for Friday, March 28th (11am). Please indicate if you are participating in either of these as well.

SMT MSC SCHEDULE

FRIDAY, MARCH 28TH

11am: St. Jude visit (in costume)
    Tim B.
    Traci
    Rhonda
    Sal

11am-4pm(?): Platelet donations (Takes approximately 2 hours)
    Tim B.
    Rhonda

10pm-11pm: Panel "The Deleted Scenes of the Star Wars Saga" (Please sign up in the Panel Sign-up and Planning Thread)
    Tim B
    Rhonda
    Tim C.
    Sal
    Joy

BOOTH SIGN-UP: SATURDAY, MARCH 29TH

9:00am-11:00am: (includes load-in and setup)
    Sal

11:00am-1:00pm:
    Rhonda

1:00pm-3:00pm:
    Rhonda
    Sal

3:00pm-5:00pm
    Joy
    Grace

5:00pm-7:00pm
    Tim C.

7:00pm-9:00pm: (Includes raffle drawings and strike.)
    Tim C.

2. Smokem_Alien

Smokem_Alien Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 2, 2002
    Saturday
    I can be there for either the 9:00am-1:00pm:, or the 5:00pm-9:00pm: Whichever, or even both if need be.

Sunday
    I can be there for thi sone but I may be a little late. 12:00pm-4:00pm

3. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Tim: I'm going to go ahead and put you down for the 5-9pm Saturday slot and the 12-4pm Sunday slot. Any chance you'll make the St. Jude visit?

There's one!

Who's next?

4. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    No, I won't be able to make the St. Jude Visit, sorry.

5. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Pity, Tim. I was hoping you could make it.

Alright, folks- Don't make me do my Ben Stein in Ferris Buehler's Day Off impression. Somebody else speak up and volunteer.

You asked for it!

Anyone?....

Anyone?....

Anyone?....

Anyone?....

Anyone?....

Anyone?....

6. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Back to the top.....

How bout I throw in a free 2x4-92 5/8" spruce stud for anyone who volunteers?

How about a free SMT pen?

Anyone?...... Anyone?.....

7. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    OK- I had a good suggestion from Sal today, which I'm about to implement. Instead of four-hour blocks, I'm dividing things up into two-hour blocks to make it more accessible for those who volunteer. If anyone wishes to sign up for more than one block, it would be greatly appreciated.

Tim C.: Please double-check where I've put you down on the schedule and make sure it works for you. Thanks.

Anybody planning on doing Saturday night's Masquerade?

8. Mkingsley

Mkingsley Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 5, 2003
    Two-hour blocks are what works best for us when we (the MSC ConComm) use volunteers. But we are flexible. For example, one area that needs lots of volunteers to run well is the consuite (people to hand out sodas, check for proper ID for beer, clean up the mess, go for ice, etc.). But in the past we have let people break up their two-hour commitment. Sometimes there is a panel that volunteers really, really want to attend, so they will work for an hour, go to a panel, then come back and work for another hour.

I recommend considering this as an alternative if you have trouble getting commitments. It does boost the morale a little.

9. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Thanks, Michael. I'm taking any suggestion I can get.

I'm willing to be as flexible as possible to those who volunteer.

10. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I'll take 11 - 3 at our booth on Sat.

I may be able to stay later.

Also if we have the booth on Sunday, I shoudl be able to come on Sunday.

11. TheDarknessX

TheDarknessX Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Hey Tim what the Masquerade? I mean is it just a place to show up in costume or like a ball type thing? Do we need a mask and if we do i have a good Idea! Let me know!

12. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Sal: I think the Masquerade is really just a costume contest- but double-check at the MSC info page.

Rhonda: Consider yourself scheduled. Thanks!!!

13. TheDarknessX

TheDarknessX Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Sign me up for:

March 29th
    9:00am-11:00am:

March 30th
    9:00am-11:00am:

14. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    I'm good for both the time slots you put me down at Tim. Would it be ok for me to take a break to get a game or two in? I just want to make sure. I was talking to a guy I know who runs several games at con, and he said that sunday's tended to be pretty slow and that most people just hung around and socialized. He also said that sunday was the day to do your shopping in the dealers room as most start to come down on their prices towards the end because they don't want to have to pack it all up.

Also, I went to con gaming meeting today trying to find out if there were going to be some star wars games scheduled. While I was talking to a couple of guys they brought up Suspicious Mind Trick and it seems that there is a little bit of a buz about us. :)

15. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Sal: YOU DA MAN, BABY!!! YEAHHHH!!!
    Sorry- Momentarily turned into Austin Powers there.

Tim: That would be fine with me. That's the reason I'm sticking around for the whole thing. I want everyone to have fun.

16. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    We still have time slots that need to be filled. Any more takers?

Don't make me use the Dark Side that was handed down by my master....

i.e. The skillful power my mother possessed in the form of the Jedi Guilt Trip.

17. skip1

skip1 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    sorry to see that your having problems manning the table.for what its worth we(501st) will be in and out of costumes and at the con sat. from about 9-10am through closing.then back again til midnight or later.
    these days are fun and go by really fast.
    even if you end up there by yourself youll have us all around and it wont be so bad.

its funny how excited everybody gets in the beginning,then once its time to make it happen everybody starts dissappearing.

were planning on getting there around 9:30-10pm to set up the table.so we may see you before the panel.

18. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    We're a buzz? KEWL!

Anyone know if we can attend the masquerade in costume but not participate in the contest? After working on this dang thing for a month, I'd like to get some "air time" out of it, LOL.

skip: Is anyone from the 501st coming to St. Jude in costume? So far, there are just 3 of us getting dressed-up. :(

19. skip1

skip1 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    none that i know of can make it,we do have a couple of people near memphis and i will check with them to see if they want to try to be there.
    most of us are atleast 4 hours away.i wont be there until around 9-10pm friday night.

20. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Cool Skip, you'll get to see our panel discussion.

If Sherry will let me borrow it, I'll do Barris Ofee sans makeup for St. Jude. I'll need a lightsare. :0

21. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    You got it, rhonda! What color do you want? Blue, green, red, purple or orange? :D

22. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Or do you just need a hilt?

23. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    With the Con just five days away, those few of us who have volunteered to run the booth have decided to drop Sunday from our schedule.

A big thanks goes out to Sal, Tim, and Rhonda for stepping up to the plate. Thanks, y'all- I'd be lost without you!

24. Mkingsley

Mkingsley Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 5, 2003
    Personally, I think you would be better off concentrating your efforts on the Friday night panel, St. Judes, the fan table on Saturday, Michael Sheard's panel on Saturday, and maybe the costuming panel.

Save Sunday for the planned kaffeeklatch with Michael Sheard (10am). Due to hotel negotiations this year, we are unable to provide the free breakfast banquet that we did last year. :(

It isn't really necessary to buy breakfast to be part of any of the kaffeeklatches. But if would be nice if you could at least get a cup of tea or glass of juice or something (to keep the hotel restaurant happy). But if you can't afford it, you can't afford it.

Sign-up sheets for the kaffeeklatch will be available near the registration table starting Friday afternoon.

25. Aravis_Antilles

Aravis_Antilles Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2003
    If you still need someone to do 3-5pm on saturday, I think I can swing it.

Joy

Or any other time on Sat, really.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.