MSC Planning/Events

Discussion in 'Memphis, TN' started by Jedi Trace, Feb 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    I got an email yesterday with the panels I'm on and their times, so I'm assuming the schedule is finalized.

Traci and I picked up glow bracelets to hand out Saturday for folks to have at the dance party. We also have candy-filled Vader heads to hand out.
  2. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    I'll start scouting for BBQ places that take reservations. As soon as we know when the banquet thingie ends on Saturday, I'll see about getting somewhere to eat.

As of right now we're at about 13 (and counting?) people.

Tim
    Traci
    Rhonda
    Nicki
    Lin
    Ostrander
    JJM
    Zachary (?)
    Kevin
    Antone
    Janet
    Kelly (?)
    Rob (?)

Arkansas/Mississipi folks need to weigh in, too. I'll just need to know something for sure by March 15 or so. And when we get a number we'll have to stick with it, so I'll wait until close to con time.

Just as an heads-up: If it gets too big, and they want to put us in a room, we may need to put down a deposit. I'll make sure before I do anything for certain. But we may not get tables if we descend upon a restaurant with a large group and no reservations, we're going to be safe rather than sorry this year. So, reservations it is.

We should make it an official Fan Force thing, name it, and let the MSC folks know that we need the time.

Also, would you like me to pick up raffle tickets?

Also, hand sanitizer on a lanyard... I'll call my Signet representative I work with at IP. I think I can get some, just won't have a logo on it. These companies give out promotional samples, and I attend a show every year and get catalogs full of this stuff.
  3. TNPredsFan Force Ghost

star 4
    This is Lin- I'm over at Nicki's on her computer (she's playing PS2 right now).

Yeah, reservations would be a good thing for the restaurant. Dean should be a go- I promised him dinner for doing Nicki's sketch.

Tim- Jane gave me a couple SW kites for your kids. I'll get them to you next time I see you. Nicki and I stopped and picked up 5 more as give-away prizes. We also got a few glow necklaces for the dance party.

I can print up some SMT logo stickers to put on the hand sanitizers and/or whatever soaps/deodorants you pick up. Just let me know about how many we need, Rhonda.

Lin
  4. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    I hit Hancock's today for table cover material. Traci and I decided on using white instead of yellow/gold for the lettering against the black cloth skirt, and having the table top in a burgundy color closer to the color of the web address on Lin's artwork. I hit the mother load today: They had a sale on broadcloth that will work beautifully. Once it's done it should compliment the banner nicely.

I also picked up a couple of toys from the clearance bin at Wally World to give away.
  5. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    We should be pretty good then!

I can't believe it's almost here already. Dang..!

Lin
  6. kellrob Jedi Knight

star 2
    Please count Rob and I in on dinner. We have not heard anything from Carlin about programming meetings or finalizing anything. I will try to get in touch with him. I am very much looking forward to seeing everyone again. Its been a long cold winter.

Kelly
  7. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    Would anybody be free to come over to our house this Sat or Sun to have a meeting to get our FF plans together?

Tim and I will host if everyone can bring $5 for pizza. :)

8. TNPredsFan Force Ghost

star 4
    I have the new SMT website up and operational in time for MSC. The new web address is www.memphisfanforce.com if you wanna go check it out.

I've got a couple of minor bugs to squash where the page isn't rendering correctly in Firefox, and I might tweak the header banner. (Who knew Firefox would cause me more problems than Internet Explorer? :rolleyes: )

Trace, I'll talk to Lin and let you know about this weekend.

ETA: Which version of the website do you like better, y'all?

Black one - www.memphisfanforce.com

Red one - http://www.memphisfanforce.com/RED/index.html
  9. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    Oh, scrolling pictures... [face_hypnotized] You guys are going to make me become a Photo Recluse. Like Howard Hughes or something.

I like the black one better.

Traci, Sunday works better than Saturday for me, just let me know when you guys decide to do it.
  10. StarBlazerM31 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'll definately be attending the con; I'm going to be helping Joy out with her LARP on Saturday, and I'll hopefully have a table in the dealer's room (haven't heard back on that one yet) that I'll be sharing with some folks. I'd like to go to the dinner with you guys, but I don't know how my con schedule will be playing out yet. No costumes for me, sadly, since I haven't had the proper fundage (and now time) to make one. But if you guys do the t-shirts, I'd like one. ^_^

-Darth Grace [face_skull]
  11. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    Sunday might work best for me. What all do we need to bring to do a t-shirt? What type of tee works best- 50/50 or 100%? What kind of transfer paper works best? Should we print out our own and bring them? Do I need to email out logos?

[image=http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/linworkman/SMT%20Star%20Wars/IMG_8570.jpg]

Oh- and the banner came in today!

[image=http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/linworkman/SMT%20Star%20Wars/IMG_8569.jpg]

12. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    Nicki: I think I like the black one better, too.

About t-shirts: Nicki is working on setting up something through Zazzle. We should know more soon. :)

13. kellrob Jedi Knight

star 2
    Sunday would work out well for Rob and I as well.

On the subject of shirts, I would be ok with bringing my own shirt if we can print the logo out on iron-on paper and just iron it on. I also have some iron-on letters (in black) if someone wanted to put their sign on name on the back of their shirt. I have done this on my ornament club shirt and it turned out well. I could pick up some more in different colors if anyone is interested. I would even be willing to chip in some money for the ink cartridge, cause if we print up several shirt logo's, that is a lot of black ink. I would probably bring gray shirts for Rob and I. I like gray or black better than white for a shirt for myself.

Just let us know what time Sunday and we will be there.

Kelly
  14. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    Iron-on is fine with me if everyone brings their own shirts and transfer logos or, like you said, chips in for ink/transfer paper. We can have an ironing party while planning. ;)

15. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    A "tee party" if you will... ;)
  16. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    Oh, forgot to say, the banner ROCKS, Lin!!! =D=[face_dancing][:D]

No costumes for me, either. (No time.)

I can't help you with the dealer's room, but if you want a fan table for a group (not to sell stuff) I can hook you up. Just let me know. [face_peace]

17. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Chiming in for dinner are:

BJ
    Darren
    Gary.

Looking forward to this one and hanging out with everyone again.

18. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    [image=http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/linworkman/IMG_7756sm.jpg]

Thank ya, thank ya very much!

I think it turned out nice and should look awesome behind our table.

Traci- can you make sure I have one? I was going to do an MSCA table, but Kev and Antone or any of the other guys haven't sounded like their all that into it so I'll at least bring my BT table cloth and new banner and will put out the new BT postcards and some other swag.

Thanks,

Lin
  19. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    I've got to talk to Carlin tonight, but it looks like the only time John O is free to do dinner is Thursday night, so stay tuned. I'll post more when I know for sure.
  20. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    Panels and Events
    Date Time Name Location
    03/21/2009 10:00:00 Saturday Morning Flashback Birch
    03/21/2009 12:00:00 Professionals Row Grand Ballroom
    03/21/2009 21:00:00 Reimagining the Classics Birch
    03/22/2009 11:00:00 Costuming Make-Up panel Redwood (1)
    03/22/2009 12:00:00 Clone Wars and Brave & Bold TV Series Amphitheater

Nicki noticed on my schedule that they have me down for a panel on Saturday night at 9pm. even though I specifically told them I didn't want to do any starting later than 6pm on Saturday. If we do go to dinner on Saturday night I'm really not too worried about missing any panels. I'm just hoping they don't have me scheduled against any other comics panels like last year.

Can't believe they didn't ask for comics programming ideas from any of the comic creators around here. And I still haven't had anyone tell me what my panels cover exactly. Still trying to figure out why they've got Clone Wars and Brave and The Bold together. Since I've only seen a couple episodes of each I guess I'll be BS'ing my way through that. I wonder if anyone would get it if I just started bringing up the subject of dwarfs during the panel..?

If I do go to con next year I'm going to hit some programming panels. They really still don't get it. More than likely after i give my opinions on it they'll ask me not to come back. ;) Honestly I think it would be better for me to just pay admission and go as a attendee and not deal with any of the con goings on. I had more fun the years I did. Less hassle, and you can see or do whatever you want when you want. I really haven't seen what perks there are other in being a MSC guest other than a "free" badge are.

Sorry- did I start complaining again? Didn't mean to.

Oh, well- a little over a week to go, and I am looking forward to the dance party![face_dancing]

Lin
  21. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    John O has the Opening Ceremonies and Meet the Guests Friday night, and "The Banquet" and a panel (on the Lucas movies?) from 8p - 9p on Saturday, so it's pretty much definite that we'll do dinner on Thursday night, in Germantown at the Commissary. I think Carlin and couple of other folks wanted to join us, so I'll make sure we're set on that. I'll know more for sure as far exact times Thursday after tonight, I guess.

I'd like to get another head count for Thursday, for our group anyway. I'm going to make sure we have room at the Commissary once I know for sure who all is going. I'd like to call them by this Monday at the latest.
  22. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    Just got a big box of SW posters from DH- 2-sided Legacy/KotOR and the 2 sided Dark Horse Celebrates Star Wars Comics with the Big Luke Book AH! art on one side and a bunch of cover art on the other. Very cool! We'll have a bunch of stuff to give out.:)

Lin
  23. TNPredsFan Force Ghost

star 4
    It's been a long time since I've eaten at The Commissary, but can they handle a group this big? I know that going on Thursday will reduce the head count a bit, but it's still a pretty big group.
  24. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Never been to the Commissary. I've driven past it a lot, and it doesn't seem to be very big.

Our flyers and cards are set to come in tomorrow. With the exception of putting on the adjustments to make it fit both six- and eight-foot tables, the table cover is done.

Looks like our table will be THE table in the fan table section. We have tons of giveaway stuff.
  25. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    Yep, and don't forget our SMT booth babes! :*
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.