main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MSNBC idiot's plans for Episode III

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Krash, May 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    You guys have to read this idiot's view on Episode III!!! No worries about spoilers, this guy wouldn't know a spoiler if it hit him in the head...in fact, that sounds liek a good idea!

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/4980465/

My suggestion (and I e-mailed this):
    Have Anakin/Darth Vader choke Christopher Bahn as his first act as a Sith Lord...YOU MORON!

[image=http://www.homevideos.com/freezeframes2/bluesbrothers126.jpeg]
    So now, I'm on a "mission from god" to find this guy's car, tie a couple podracer engines to the BACK of it...so that when he drives, he looks like the idiot podracer who puts his racer in reverse! It's 1:44AM EST...we got a full tank of gas, a carton of death sticks, it's dark, we're wearing sunglasses...who's up for a road trip? :D

2. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    It's 1:44AM EST...we got a full tank of gas, a carton of death sticks, it's dark, we're wearing sunglasses...who's up for a road trip?

:: Pulls up in his 1975 AMC Gremlin ::

Let's go...

The page displays (Episode II picture and title), but the article itself doesn't disply in my browser...could it be that this is being taken down?

3. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    It worked fine for me in Internet Explorer.

4. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    What I can't believe is how many of the letters that people wrote in seemed to agree with this idiot's orignial article. Interesting how some of them were "edited for length" - how much editing really went on there I wonder... all the parts that disagreed with the original authors point of view?

~Doc_Bev

5. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Bash the article all you want, the guy does make a couple good points. The nickname "Annie" makes me cringe. I mean, that alone is good enough reason to go around killing half the people in the galaxy.

And, you know what, he's right: George Lucas isn't the best writer on the planet.

Now, complaining about the acting isn't fair (unless we're talking Jake Lloyd), Hayden and Natalie worked well together.

And the idea of ignoring Episodes I and II is just stupid.

6. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    I pretty much agree with Don on this word for word.

7. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    GL's best work was done when it had another director. He can tell a story but he needs a good script editor and someone else to come in and say, "That line is awfully stiff. That character should say (insert example here) . They're saying the same thing, just more naturally."

And c'mon. After the midichlorian fiasco, you gotta wonder which of his "yes-men" were thinking, "That's the dumbest thing I've heard of since Greedo shooting first!"

8. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    complaining about the acting isn't fair (unless we're talking Jake Lloyd)
    Now I gotta defend the kid (granted he's not so much of a kid anymore), and GL's choice of Jake Lloyd. Anyone who watched that portion of the TPM documentary where they narrowed it down to the last 3 finalists...GL said it himself:

and the other one(Jake), I have to get a zillion takes and then cut the performance...but the the performance sorta rises way above the other one does.

I think of the 3, Jake was the best choice: the one kid was to inexperienced, and the other kid belongs on "Showbiz Moms and Dads"

9. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    I watched that same part of the DVD, Krash. And I have to disagree. Jake was the worst! He didn't stick to his lines and on repeated takes he changed the lines. I mean, if you're gonna change the script, keep it consistent. If I was GL I would have told him to come back in ten years when he was more professional.

10. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I would have told him to come back in ten years when he was more professional.
    That may have been the whole point? True, Jake's acting ability wasn't as polished as the others, but I think the performance was 10X more genuine then any of the others. One of the things that worked for GL with ANH was that he picked actors that we not as well known (possibly over someone "more professional") because he felt they were complimented the other actors better.

One of the biggest complaints I saw on the TPM boards, was that Anakin/Jake should have been darker...I disagree, because the whole point of introducing Anakin in this way/time was to show that he was essentially a good kid (bit of a temper...fighting with Greedo) that goes bad later on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.