main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA "MST3K" ROTS! Any good audience stuff yet?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by mrcottonsparrot, May 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrcottonsparrot

mrcottonsparrot Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2004
    Note: Do NOT count laughter and catcalls at horrible dialogue, that already goes without saying.

When I saw it the other night, the people behind and around us were doing the "Trump Cobra" and yelling "You're Fired!" everytime anyone says the word "Apprentice." Especially appropriate when Dooku gets scissored. Hilarious, this is a winner for me!

Caryn B.

2. ChrisHanel

ChrisHanel Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 2002
    When we saw Episode II, the audience was really hooting and hollaring until the "A long time ago..." words came up. Then, dead silence. My buddy steve says out loud for everyone toe hear,

"Oh, wait, I've seen this one."

Everyone lost it and applauded. Could also be used at Ep. III, i suppose.

-Chris

3. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    "Oh, wait, I've seen this one."

Someone said that when I saw Ep III.

Two people laughed, one was hunted down after the movie and killed.

4. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    Whenever Anakin is talking to Padme, I want to say:
    Does Anakin have to choke a (expletive)?
    basically whenever they talk I add, "I'll choke you...Kill you etc..."

In Ep II someone yelled out: "go yoda!" but nothing so far in any of my four screenings.

5. Jedi_Devi

Jedi_Devi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2003
    Catcalls during Padme's "I'm pregnant" scene were pretty funny at the time.

After the Clones' betrayal against the Jedi, the Clone commander with Yoda says "It shall be done, my Lord," and Elensara says, "No it <bleep>ing won't!"

I have to think of more, I see the movie everytime with friends who make GREAT MST3000-like comments. It is our pasttime to enjoy our favourite films that way...

Jedi_Devi

6. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    It was pretty quiet at the Vista... maybe people were muttering to themselves, I dunno. Everybody cheered and yelled at the appropriate moments, but don't recall any MST3K comments.

7. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Besides the catcalls at that scene, there was the woman that said, seriously & almost angrily, that that's what happens when you don't use birth control.

I liked seeing AotC this one time--when Anakin and Padme are going through the dark hallway upon arriving at Geonosis, this one guy said, "There's something alive down here" (like Luke in ANH). :)

8. mrcottonsparrot

mrcottonsparrot Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2004
    I totally forgot what happened at "Fandom Menace" on opening night -- First of all, when Qui-Gon jams his saber into the door to start torching it open, my partner turned to me and quipped, "An elegant weapon, from a more civilized age...apparently to be used as a BLOW TORCH!"

We were sitting in front of these guys, and when the Neimoidians were really getting going on "talking," one of them yelled, "God, this is worse than the Power Rangers movie!" That was it, all bets were off after that -- the audience had been restless anyway, but that just opened the flood gates. Unkind, unkind. And again, this was opening night -- thank god we had a fun audience, it made the movie slightly more bearable.

Also numerous people started mimicking the James Bond theme and catcalling about "Thunderball" during the underwater breathing device segment.

Caryn B

9. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    My favorite is laughing hysterically when Yoda takes out those wimpy IRGs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.