main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MST3k - The Phantom Menace & Attack of the Clones

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Fanboy_Solo, Jun 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    There is a really neat SW-related online get-together next weekend.

Mstiegate.com's MSTapes is holding an online "riffing" of Star Wars Episodes 1 and 2 on Friday and Saturday night, respectively.

For those who don't know, "riffing" the film is watching the film on dvd, television, or streaming web broadcast, and watching it all simultaneously, and ragging it on in their chatroom, adding our own MST3k-esque comments during the film.
    They've done dozens of popular and un-popular films in the past, and it is always a hoot. Last night we riffed The Incredible Hulk Returns :D

Sounds like a lot of fun for Star Wars/MST3k fans.

2. OutlawYoda

OutlawYoda Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    yes! This is awesome! ...yea I don't like the Community Boards.. no one posts here! *rolls eyes*
    MSTK is one of the best shows ever IMHO!
    The theme song was awesome too.
    "We'll send them cheesy movies.. the worst we can find la la la. Just repeat to yourself its just a show."
    LOL
    I'll be sure to check it out!
    :D

3. DARTH_ABBADON

DARTH_ABBADON Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 9, 2002
    No, no it goes "If you're wondering how they eat and breathe, another science fact! La, la, la! So repeat to yourself it's just a show, so you really should relax! For Mystery Science Theatre 3000!"

4. DARTH_ABBADON

DARTH_ABBADON Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 9, 2002
  5. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    This sounds very cool. Might have to check this out.

Too bad Mike, Joel and the bots can't be around for it!

6. SaberGiiett7

SaberGiiett7 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    That's a sterling website, but it would be kinda difficult for you guys to spoof TPM (actually maybe not) and AOTC, would'ent it? I hope somebody filmed this - it would be hilarious to see the finished results. :D

I really have to find a chance to join up with one of these online MST3K clubs, it's a fun game to play 'smash' the movie when your watching a velveeta class cheesy movie with yours friends MST3K style. [face_laugh]HUZZAH!

<[-]> Saber

7. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    it would be kinda difficult for you guys to spoof TPM (actually maybe not) and AOTC, would'ent it?
    It was quite easy :D Most of us who did them are Star Wars fans, and it was a load of fun.

I hope somebody filmed this - it would be hilarious to see the finished results.
    Well if it were filmed, it would merely be the movie, and an irc chatroom where everyone is riffing the movie. A transcript will be posted sometime.

As for filming, there are a number of fan-made MST's out there, I personally want to try it out aside from doing my riffing online or on the couch with a friend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.