[MSU] 10 May 2006

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Jedi_Dajuan, May 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
  1. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    <center>Teh Kitty MSU for 10 May 2006</center>

<center>[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/JediDajuan/MSU/Whome.jpg]</center>
    People we're going to miss for a little while :(
  2. <a style="font-weight: bold;color: AliceBlue;font-style: normal;background-color: Navy;text-decoration: none;border-top: 1px solid CornFlowerBlue;border-bottom: 1px solid CornFlowerBlue;border-right: 1px solid CornFlowerBlue;border-left: 1px solid CornFlowerBlue;;" href="/ASP/user.asp?usr=droideka27">droideka27</a> will be on limited time May 13th to June 4th. Something about a college graduation, likely excuse :p Congrats Tracy!!

3. <a style="font-weight: bold; color: red;;" href="/ASP/user.asp?usr=RebelScum77">RebelScum77</a> is designing a show in California May 1-20. She's still around but on a limited basis.

4. <a style="font-weight: bold;color: Crimson;font-style: italic;background-color: transparent;text-decoration: underline;;" href="/ASP/user.asp?usr=Darth-Stryphe">Darth-Stryphe</a> is going to be gone May 8-11 and May 18-21.

5. People who have left our ranks :_|
  6. <a style="font-weight: bold; color: red;;" href="/ASP/user.asp?usr=jedi_master_ousley">jedi_master_ousley</a> has stepped down as CT mod. The possibility of a replacement for him in CT is being discussed

7. <a style="font-weight: normal;color: White;font-style: normal;background-color: DarkBlue;text-decoration: none;border-top: 1px solid White;border-bottom: 1px solid White;border-right: 1px solid White;border-left: 1px solid White;;font-size:8pt;" href="/ASP/user.asp?usr=Everton">Everton</a> had to step down as JCC mod today due to some really great circumstances in real life. We're sad but wish him all the best. His replacement is being discussed.

8. Icon Expansion
  9. Two to three World Cup icons will be uploaded for the duration of the games.

10. Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames is active again
  11. The forum, found under the games heading, is moderated by <a style="color: Yellow;font-weight: bold;font-style: normal;background-color: Black;text-decoration: none;;" href="/ASP/user.asp?usr=The2ndQuest">The2ndQuest</a> and <a style="color: Silver;font-weight: bold;font-style: normal;background-color: Navy;text-decoration: none;border-top: 1px solid Silver;border-bottom: 1px solid Silver;border-right: 1px solid Silver;border-left: 1px solid Silver;;" href="/ASP/user.asp?usr=LAJ_FETT">LAJ_FETT</a>.

12. The Mobile Social thread has also made its way to the forum. Stop in there and check it out.

13. Games: Video and E3
  14. E3, the Electronic Entertainment Expo, THE gaming con is upon us. Games is discussing all the new news releases on the upcoming games and new console information, check here and the scrolling header links for the threads.

15. FanFiction Summer Awards
  16. FanFic is gearing up for the "2006 Summer FanFic Awards." They are looking for a volunteers for the position of overseer of them. This thread contains all the info about what the job entails.

17. JCC: TGI Fotoshop
  18. Due to declining interest the TGI Fotoshop game in the JCC will take a hiatus. It should be up and running again in a few weeks/months.

19. FanForce News
  20. The Pacific Region welcomed two new RSAs recently: <a style="color: Snow;font-weight: bold;font-style: normal;background-color: SkyBlue;text-decoration: none;border-top: 1px solid RoyalBlue;border-bottom: 1px solid RoyalBlue;border-right: 1px solid RoyalBlue;border-left: 1px solid RoyalBlue;;font-size:8pt;" href="/ASP/user.asp?u
  21. George_Roper Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    I heard that Everton didn't step down. I heard that he got relegated. :p

:(
  22. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Now who could want to make Baby Cranberry cry?

Only evil and wicked users. [face_frustrated]

Everton will be missed. :( :(

Lovely update. :D
  23. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    Kitties!

And Everton... :_|
  24. Mara-Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  25. Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Awwwwww, cute kitties! [face_love] Great update. :)
  26. KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus

star 8
    Everton can't leave :(. The blue and white must be properly represented at all times.
  27. G-FETT Chosen One

star 7
    Its sad that Everton and Jedi_Master_Ousley have stepped down. :_|
  28. Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece

star 8
  29. Jada Force Ghost

star 6
  30. malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA

star 7
    Everton's disappearance came as a total shock, and I'm particularly gutted as he's one of the best of the best as far as JCC mods have *ever* gone.

I'd like to hear from anyone who has a suggestion for a replacement, PM me and I'll repost in the MS. Remember people, your suggestion would have to cover the right time slot, which is about 8am boardtime to around 2pm board time. Send me a PM, and give me a few reasons why :)
  31. Ludo_Kressh Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Kitties!:D

Wow, a lot of mods have stepped down lately...:eek: [face_worried]
  32. jedichef1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Sorry to hear Everton has stepped down, and JMO as well.

You will both be missed.
  33. MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head

star 6
    Well I always loved those colors, so I have taken them up.

Everton, I'll miss you.:( I loved modding with you.
  34. ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    How come Soccer/Football fans get icons for the World Cup, but we can't have icons for the NBA/NHL finals?

Before you say that the World Cup is a "World Event", there are teams in both the NBA and NHL that have teams in countries besides the U.S., and many countries are represented by players in both sports. On top of that, Christmas, Valentine's Day, Halloween, St. Patrick's day, and Thanksgiving are all represented by banners and in Halloween's sake special icons. None of those holidays are considered "World Holidays".

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about the World Cup icons, I think it's great that the fans of the sport are getting to use them. I just wish some consideration would be given to fans of other sports that would like the same opportunity to express their support of their teams during the finals.
  35. droideka27 Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Oh, i heartily agree. But from what i understand, by allowing these world cup icons, they are opening the door for more lenience as far as icons of that sort goes, so I would expect to see icons for other major sporting events in the future. Just, you know, it needs to be asked for.

Heck, maybe someday we can have icons for music festivals and dance competitions... world wide cheerleader competitions! The possibilities are ENDLESS!!!!
  36. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    The NHL and NBA are both American sports only, no matter if the players are from other countries or a team or two are from Canada or elsewhere. But we have uploaded icons for that before (LA Lakers icon I remember), but we have to be prepared to do it for other sports like Canadian League and Austrialian rugby and the like. I'm fine with that, but if we get into country specific sports, it's a whole other ball game. I like keeping it to global wide spectator sports for the most part.
  37. Layren Force Ghost

star 5
    Excellent update! Kitties! Such adorable pictures... [face_love]

Congrats to the new RSA's!
  38. darth_nemisis Force Ghost

star 6
    Sad to see the mods go.

A nice update. :)
  39. Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    At least Everton made it to manager the 2nd time around. :p Sad to see him and Mousley step down. 2 great assets to the MS.
  40. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    I'm sorry Jada! I knew there was something I was forgetting.

Thanks for the kitty and update compliments :) The girls all say hello too :p
  41. DDL Jedi Master

star 4
    So I'm gone for a while, and there is a massive mod emigration?? :(
  42. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    But we have uploaded icons for that before (LA Lakers icon I remember),.....

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.
  43. epic Ex Mod

star 7
    yeah, back when they were good. ;-)

really sucks about Everton. must be a girl involved. must be. hopefully he'll be back for the WC...

re: icons -- i understand the mentality of allowing WC icons because it's a global game; there'll be 32 nations involved -- however how many posters from Argentina, Ghana and Spain are there who will be taking advantage of them? point being is that, given the large majority of americans posting at this site, i don't think anyone should really complain if there were some american sport icons uploaded for things like the NBA or NFL playoffs. if i used icons, i would have used a Chicago Bulls icon... at least for the first week of the playoffs, and i don't live anywhere near Illinois.

if that then means icons for Rugby League and so forth in the finals, so be it. it's only for a short time each year and most region-specific sport discussion is confined to the FF boards anyway.
  44. malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA

star 7
    How come Soccer/Football fans get icons for the World Cup, but we can't have icons for the NBA/NHL finals?

As others have pointed out, there have been NBA icons in the past.

Personally I'm 100% against any non-SW/non-JC icons, and I disagree with having WC icons.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.