main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MTV Movie Awards

Discussion in 'Archive: Dayton, OH' started by Sean_Starrider, Jun 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    The movie awards just ended and with the exception of Eminem getting best male performance over Aragorn i'd have to say it was very entertaining and pretty cool. There was Yoda winning best fight and actually giving his acceptance speech and throwing out gang signs to his homies was just hilarious! Gollum won best virtual character and his acceptance speech was to say the least very memorable. I never thought I would see the day that Gollum was dropping F-Bombs on TV, But I must say it was pretty histerical and entertaining. LOTR won best movie, best action sequence and best on screen duo. I felt that Episode 2 should've won best action sequence, But it was a toss up. Oh and the opening was a spoof on Matrix Reloaded and I thought it was pretty funny as well especially with Will Ferrell being the Architect. lol Well what all did you guys think? If you missed it i'm sure they'll be playing it all weekend long. :)

2. PADA-1

PADA-1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2003
    I try to avoid MTV because of the total lack of any music, let alone any I would want to hear. That and the constant stream of commercials makes MTV loathsome. However based on your description of the awards show I think I will check it out tonight. I saw that you can download Yoda's "performance" to view, think I'll do that. Will Ferrell is awesome, can't wait to rent Old School.

3. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Watched it, and except for Yoda and Gollum, the whole thing was very MTVish.... in one word very bad. I personnaly don't need to see the annoying eminem, and definitely don't need to see all these girls in School uniform showing their undies and kissing each other... MTV is definitely pathetic.

4. PADA-1

PADA-1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2003
    Watched it while flipping back and forth from Headbangers Ball,Yoda cool, Will Ferrell cool, Gollum calling his digitial creators pindicks awesome. I can't think of a more transparent attempt at getting horny teenagers to part with cash than that TATU trainwreck. A child with a Casio keyboard and a few piano lessons could churn out more original garbage than that,sad and hilarious...salarious!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.