main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MTV2's Video Mods

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Kish, Sep 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kish

Kish Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2004
    Does anybody ever watch this show?

In it you get to watch you're favorite video game characters "play" in a band to a popular song. Which really means watching models from a video game play the same "guitar playing" or "drumming" animation over and over again for the duration of the song.

They just had one with Star Wars Episode III, the song was Take Me Out by Franz Fernindad.

I don't know why LucasArts let them do it, it didn't make their game look good at all. It had Mace on Guitar, Obi Wan on Bass, Yoda on Drums, and Anakin on vocals. The audience was filled with Clone Troopers rocking out with their hands raised up.

The problem was that the models looked awful. They were clunky and had blocks for a hand. Anakin's mouth didn't move at all to the words of the song.(looked like a bad Godzilla movie).

In one part a clone trooper tries to shoot Anakin but his movement looked like the tin man before he recieves any oil.

I've havn't played the Episode III video game before(don't have an Xbox), but this show defintley didn't make me want to go out and buy it anytime soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.