main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - ST "Much Ado About Nothing" (50 Titles). Post: 07/03.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    Loved this intro. =D= It did seem sad in TFA that they were still stuck fighting a rerun of the same war. I'm very curious to see how the pieces of Legends and newer things will fit together here.

Luke and Leia's conversation about her career was very well done. :)

Leia has so many burdensome decisions all the way. Glad she has Luke for a friend and a voice of ... not reason exactly, since her fears are pretty reasonable (are they ever!), but of balance and less worried consideration.

This version of Mara seems like she'll be interesting; definitely still with a lot of the same personality traits, but with more of a "regular joe" kind of life. To a certain extent, anyway. [face_laugh] Easy to see that she's much better off for having been more distant from the Emperor! And she clearly knows that, too. She isn't too happy to see someone trying to sneak in nostalgia for the bad old days -- an intriguing flip in motivation from her Legends version at that point in time. Glad to see Ghent as well. :)

2. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Love the little glimpses into Luke, Leia and Mara's lives - I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes and they converge.

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Woohoo. Thanks. Mara and Luke will officially be meeting one another the post after this one. :)

~~~~~~~~!!!!

Mara was frustrated. The contacts of contacts she had in the Republic Senate were patronizing of her warnings to say the least.

Finally, she reached Winter, Leia’s assistant. Far from being condescending or pushing aside Mara’s concerns and evidence she said she would forward the information to Leia, and this she did.

“I really appreciate this.” Mara said sincerely to Winter over the holocomm relay.

“This matter seems critical.” Winter answered.

It was only 48 hours later when Mara heard back about a solid appointment time.

Leia arranged a meeting with Mara for a date 14 days from now, giving all a chance to arrive on Chandrila.

I’d better fill Luke in on this. Leia decided. She was also feeling frustrated by the wrangling in the Senate. After five years as Chancellor, she had decided to step down and now Chancellor Vortage was running things … into the ground, more than anything else. He wasn’t incompetent or even unscrupulous. He just had a habit and inclination to bury his head in the sand figuratively. As a result, the Senators felt free to argue and nitpick among themselves. And this they did frequently and unabashedly.

Leia was torn between being relieved to be out of the thick of things and frustrated at the way things were going.

Han, for his part, was glad the two of them were able to concentrate on being just plain folks. Their daughter, Cleo, was 4 years old and their son, Ben, was 18 months. Having two active children was enough and Leia’s training with Luke was also taking up plenty of her time. She did still fill a diplomatic role when the need dictated. She had a feeling if Ms. Jade’s concerns proved valid, that would suddenly become an urgent demand.

“Thanks for letting me know.” Luke said as soon as Leia concluded telling him how things stood. “I can take a few days off from instructing the students Kam and I are working with.”

Leia asked him how things were going with Corran Horn—a former agent of CorSec, Kirana Ti—a native of Dathomir, and Kyp Durron—a refugee from Denon.

“Fine, I suppose.” Luke said. “A very unusual mix of personalities, though, to be honest!”

Leia laughed; there was a world’s worth of understatement in Luke’s tone alone. “Give me the full details when you get here.”

“Sure thing.” Luke promised.

Word count this post: 400 words.

Total so far: 1878 words.

Kahara and AzureAngel2 like this.
  4. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    My kind of story: Corran & Kyp are in it!

:*

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha and Kahara like this.
  5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes some of the EU characters have made it into the story.
    And politics: everywhere the same with bickering politicians

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.