main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Mud (Vignette; Humor; Obi/Ani apprenticeship period)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obaona, Jul 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Thanks for clicking! :D This story was in response to a challenge given by a dear friend of mine - Jedi_Suzuran. The requirement of the challenge was that first and last lines had to be They were right back to where they had started and it had to be less than a 1000 words. Also, many thanks to LadyPadme for beta-ing. :)

Here we go! :D

Title: Mud

Summary: A muddy situation with Obi-Wan and Anakin.

Rating: G

They were right back to where they had started.

Covered in mud, humiliated, and in the bottom of a primitive trap set by natives. Of course, Obi-Wan thought, whose fault would this be but Anakin's?

The Padawan in question was less than a foot away from his unamused Master. It was about as far away as he could get in the small pit. He was also completely covered in mud, with little bits of it drying on his Padawan braid and face. A mud bath, indeed.

The sides of the mud pit were smooth but malleable, and brown slabs of the goo came off with ease. However, that was the problem. The mud pit was several meters deep, and since neither Obi-Wan nor Anakin could get a grip on the sides, they couldn't climb out. All they could see was little bits of forest hanging far above their heads.

When the Council had sent them on a mission to this reservation to negotiate a deal between two primitives tribes ? the last remaining tribes on their industrialized world ? Obi-Wan had thought it would be an easy mission. The two tribes were not at war, and were not known to be violent. They had never really had any trouble before. Now, though, both tribes were being inescably stubborn about the whole thing and so a compromise could not be reached ? and had not been reached for nearly two years.

Little did he know that was because the whole lot of them were nuts. He had soon found them to be not only stubborn, but very odd in their thinking. Well, odd in the sense that there appeared to be no rhyme or reason to their tradition. What was true one day, was not the next. A strange happening on one day was a tradition a week later. A mistake became a rule. And of course, these things added up so quickly it was impossible ? except for the tribes, it would seem ? to adapt. The constant shifting of everything served to completely confuse not only the issue, but the Jedi as well. Or maybe the tribesmen were just seeing if they could play with a Jedi's mind. Both tribes seemed to be enjoying the confusion they were causing. It did seem to make sense to Obi-Wan, though, after he remembered the rest of the culture of the planet ? they were industrialized, but known for their creative techniques in getting things done. And the people treasured mischief, believing that through it one would be truly living life.

Then Anakin, being his untactful self, flirted with a teenage girl his age, sixteen or so. Apparently this treasuring of mischief didn't extend to outworlders . . . or when it concerned certain family members.

Disaster. Very insulted ? the family, not the girl ? they had thrown the Jedi into this pit. Obi-Wan had told Anakin when they were being brought to the pit that they shouldn't resist, since they still had to work out the deal. And they would likely be able to easily escape anything the natives could come up with.

How did they dig this hole, anyway?

In a slow, inevitable motion, a slab of their prison wall slithered down and buried Obi-Wan's boot.

Obi-Wan looked at Anakin.

Anakin shrugged helplessly and averted his eyes. Obi-Wan sighed, and mentally recited the Jedi Code. Surely there was something about not harming Padawans in there. He knew there was. Otherwise, he was pretty sure Qui-Gon would have murdered him at some point during his training. Although, come to think of it, Qui-Gon was known for breaking the rules . . .

Quickly meeting and then turning away from Obi-Wan's eyes, Anakin made another noble attempt to get out. He tensed and sprang, seeking to jump out of the small prison. Obi-Wan, ha

2. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    LOL! [face_laugh] That was good, obaona. Any Obi/Ani stories to fill in the missing years, by good authors such as yourself, are welcomed. :)

3. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    :D
    two thumbs up

4. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Great vignette, obaona! [face_laugh]

I loved this line:

Anakin shrugged helplessly and averted his eyes. Obi-Wan sighed, and mentally recited the Jedi Code. Surely there was something about not harming Padawans in there. He knew there was.

Very cute and funny, with realistic reactions.. :D

5. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    :D :D :D :D :D Poor Obi!!!!

6. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    This was really cute and I can just picture it!!!

7. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    [face_laugh] ROTFLMAO!!!!!! OMG, that was so funny! Poor Ani and Obi! Stuck in a mud whole with no way out! Did they ever think to take off their boots, fold the tops down, stand on them, and then jump out? Then again, that might not work because we would have shoeless Jedi! The horror! lol. Anyway, this was (IS) great! Now that you've made the vignette and obviously lived up tp your friends expectations, why don't make a whole story about this? You know, before they were in the mud whole, while they were in the mud whole, and after they got out of the mud whole! If they did of course!

8. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    too funny. muddy desperately being patient Obiwan. lmfbo

9. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    anakin_girl: Thanks. I personally love seeing the relationship between Obi-Wan and Anakin, I just haven't had much of a chance to write about it properly yet. :)

leia_naberrie: Do Ebert and Roeper (sp?) post here? ;) Thanks! :D

LuvEwan: Thanks! :D I got that line almost when I started writing the story, and I knew I had to put it in there. ;)

LadyZ: Yes, poor Obi-Wan. ;) He handles it okay, though. [face_mischief]

dianethx: Thanks! :D

diamond_pony2002: Well, since I didn't think of that, obviously they didn't! [face_blush] Anyway, folded boots don't give a stable jumping point. ;) Nah, I don't think I'll write a whole story - there's not enough plot for that. Maybe I'll write something else with the two of them? :p And thanks! :)

PaddyJuan: Yup, exactly. Desperately being patient describes it well. :p By the way, what does lmfbo mean? :p

And apologies these replies took so long. I love getting readers, I'm just rather lazy sometimes. [face_blush]

10. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    LOL, oba, that gets better every time I read it.

*cracks up again*

*reads again*

*cracks up again*

Obi-Wan and dry humor= goldmine!

:D Good job!

11. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    LOL!!! Like Krys said, it gets better every time I read it. ;)

12. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Oba, how you think of these vignettes so quickly and write them so well, I will never know. This is really lovely, in every detail. Absolutely a riot, dearest. :D

13. Dagobah_Y

Dagobah_Y Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    LOL. As others have said funny and realistic. I can so see this happen. :D

Now if only it would rain...... :p

14. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    KrystalBlaze: Thanks! [face_blush] :D I love Obi-Wan's dry humor, and doing it in a story was fun. ;)

Miana Kenobi: I would think it'd get worse, but okay! And thanks! :D

Gabri_Jade: :p Thinking of them quickly is easy. ;) Writing them, well . . . it's okay, I suppose. :p But thank you! :D I'm glad you liked it. ;)

Dagobah_Y: I didn't think of that! :p Yeah, they'd drown in mud. *giggles* 8-}

15. KatarnLead

KatarnLead Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 5, 2002
    And the people treasured mischief, believing that through it one would be truly living life.

Dearest, are you writing me into your stories now???

:p

Very, very nice. Love it. Got the whole mudpit description down pat...this isn't from experience, is it???

16. jedimastersam

jedimastersam Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2003
    very funny

17. Calandria

Calandria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    this... *burst up laughing.*

Oh man *after finally having calmed down. Bursts up again.* :D :D

*no other comment needed. Person writing this would be in any state to do so anyways...)

18. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    Burkie: Maybe I was doing it subconsciously! :p ;)

jedimastersam: Thanks. :)

Calandria: :D [face_blush] :D Thanks! And yes, that's it exactly! :p I think . . . :p

19. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    Upping because I'm depressed about my computer problems.

20. LianaMara

LianaMara Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 30, 2000
    [face_laugh] That was really funny, obaona, and I liked how Obi thought everything was Anakin's fault. That boy is TROUBLE. Great job! :D

21. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    LianaMara: Thank you! :D And of course Anakin is pure trouble. ;)

22. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    Up to show off my colors for the twenty four hours the last . . . ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.