main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Muggle Chat (Potter Thread Version 2)

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediBith, Mar 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Okay, the other thread is up to twenty pages...so it's time to start fresh!

Good timing too: Book 7 soon and the new movie -- WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

2. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Yore a wizarhd, Hahhrry!

That's all I have to say on the subject!
    Tally Ho!

3. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I thought we closed threads at 500! We were so close! One of my favorite things to do is be the last person on the thread so my screen name is the last one. Darn!

JN, I was speaking of watching it at Grauman's. I'll probably see it again locally with the family though.

I have to admit that I did like the way MK closed the last thread. Very cool.

4. JediNoc

JediNoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2005
    OK, DH, I'm in for the Chinese trek with ya! I don't have a costume but I have plenty of Quidditch jerseys/shirts...

5. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Man, I wish I could go see it at the Chinese with you guys. :(

6. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    so come up here and see it

wonder if i'll do it in costume again

7. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    are we getting together to watch any of the older movies before hand?

8. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    I'm sorry, I thought it was at 20 pages we closed threads. I don't have post #s visible...where are those?

9. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    the main page lists it next to who posted last

10. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Yeah! Thanks JN! I'll go in costume and we'll have to go earlier this time. I felt bad about SR holding seats for us. It was my bad.

Sorry JB. It was the rule for the "whatever" thread but it's not really that important. I remember trying to be the last one. I'll do it again.

Costumes everyone, or at least an HP shirt of some sort.

As for a marathon, I'm up for it, though it would have to start early. I have the DVDs! Can someone <SR or J_J> provide the location?

11. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    D'oh! I knew that post count was somewhere! Oh well, sorry! Next time I'll just ask, because I no doubt will forget again! 8-}

12. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    No big, JB, it's all good.

So, regarding the horcruxes, how did Regulus know that the horcrux he was getting was a locket? How did he get around the green stuff? Is it still at Grimauld Place or did Mundungas take it? Also, did Regulus think it was the only one?

13. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I'm going to need to reread the book before the movie. As for the viewing location. I will probably have a new roommate by then I would say that I hoped they didn't mind and even would enjoy it but who knows. I don't mind hosting. Though I have to tell you DH your chair has been put into storage!

14. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    SR, if they're not down with it, are they really the sort of person to have as a roommate?

15. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Exactly LB you're right. They should have that and Star Wars along with LOTR as their favorite movies or they can find someplace else to live.

16. Rebel_1138

Rebel_1138 Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2007
    OMG! Has any one seen the cover art for DH?? Go to http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/ and check out all the great new photos for OOTP. I got hooked on HP after reading SS to my nephew all those years ago. I ended up buying the rest for Kim and myself. And yes I (we) believe that RAB is Regulis(sp?) Black and that the Horcrux locket is the one mentioned while cleaning up #12 Grimwald Place

Cheers,
    Jeff

17. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Yes, it's on the closed thread now. Pretty cool.

When would we like to do the movie marathon? A month, week, day before the opening? I'm good to have it here.

18. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Wait, SR, did you really put my chair in storage? That cannot be! I need my chair! Thanks for stepping up any way, SR, because I sort of volunteered you. Your sound system rocks. I'm down with a marathon.

19. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Yes, your chair is in storage but when we do the marathon I'll bring it back out. I'll need as many chairs as possible.

20. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    YEAH! I'll bring a couple of chairs for others to use. My chair is, of course, my chair.

21. vampireanneke

vampireanneke Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 19, 2002
    I've recently become addicted to Ball Jointed Dolls. I now have a Lucius Doll, a Snape Doll, and on order is a Narcissa Doll, and a House Elf. Where ever I go to see the movie/buy the new book, I'll bring one of my dolls.

-Anneke

22. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Just FYI -- according to Karl (some of you remember Karl and Luis), the Weasley twins (Oliver and James Phelps) and Stanislav Ianevski (Viktor Krum) are going to be at Frank & Son's on April 14 signing autographs.

23. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Wow! That's cool. I know the Phelps and Matt Lewis (Neville) go on a lot of signing tours. If not for the fact that I am totally swamped on the 14th now (sorry if I voted for it for the Day at the Races, I don't recall now) I'd be there.

24. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I wanted to bump this back up because I did not want it to disappear onto the next page.

MuggleCast mentioned the movie Under Siege II for some reason. Oh, it was regarding the potential for "false" horcruxes because there were "false" satellites in the movie. Any way, they also mentioned the names of the director and writers, one of whom is my old high school buddy, Rich Hatem.

One of their listeners mentioned that the beginning of Harry's prophecy may have been intended for Snape or Albeforth because Trelawney paused before getting into the meat of the prophecy. It was an interesting theory.

Oh, and one of the new co-hosts is a guy from Orange County. His name is Mikey B (I can't spell his last name) and he's a hard core Star Wars fan. I wonder if he's a member of the OCFF.

25. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Last week's episode of Doctor Who mentioned lots of references to HP. It was pretty funny. The Doctor was fighting these witch like creatures with William Shakespeare. They would say spells from HP and then thank JK for the line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.