main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Muggle Chat (Potter Thread Version 2)

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediBith, Mar 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediVixen

JediVixen Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2001
    $17.99 at Target this week

2. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I think both mugglenet and the leaky cauldron are going to be spoiler free for at least a month. That's what the podcasts said so I assume the sites will be also.

3. Viceroy Craig

Viceroy Craig Jedi Master star 2

Sep 21, 1999
    I know MuggleNet is, but the comments to all stories are spoiler-laden, so be careful if you're not done with the book yet. A month is a little long IMHO, but that's their call.

4. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Did anyone catch JK on Dateline last night? It was pretty good.

5. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I was looking for the schedule for Dragon Con this year just to see what it would be like for next year. Fred and George are going to be there this year.

6. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Aw, Fred & George. <3

SR, what are you doing watching JKR talk about the last chapter?! I mean, unless, of course, you're finished now...

7. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    SR - Can you please spoiler-protect your comment above? It's policy!! (For one month)

8. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    Er..so what IS this Dragon Con I've been hearing you guys talk about? I haven't heard about it outside of here, so I have no idea what it is. I get that it's a convention, but what for I can only imagine.

9. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Sorry, I posted in the wrong thread!

10. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Oops. Taking a poll here, but has everyone finished reading the book who reads these boards?

11. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    No. Actually, I have to admit that I received the book Friday but due to some other pressing demands & finishing another book I haven't started it yet. So, I'm staying away from the other HP thread until I do. I thought this thread was supposed to be spoiler sanitized.

12. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Guys, I want to remind you that the policy to spoiler-protect Book 7 discussion came from on high. We are required to do it for one month after the release date. They will ban your butt if you purposely don't black stuff out. I don't want to see anyone banned, nor will arguing over it change policy. I'm just here to remind you all/enforce it.

Thanks! :)

13. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
  14. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    It's not really relevant to the books at all. And the fan fiction was already bad enough, and the crazy-religious people already hated it enough.

15. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I wonder if I'll have parents coming into the library tomorrow to tell me about it and how it's even more horrible???

16. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I have to say that I was surprised but don't really care. It kind of puts a different spin on a couple of things I've heard.

17. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Yeah it was something I really didn't need or care to know. I don't think for a moment I ever thought of any of the adult characters and their sexuality. None of them had any romantic story lines but Hagrid right? That was almost too much. It was cute with the kids watching them grow up and have feelings for one another but nope didn't need to know about Dumbledore.

18. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I think Filch had feelings for the librarian, what's her name.

Yeah, it was okay and I did not need to know either. Kind of funny though.

19. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Pince, there were theories that she was Snape's Momma.

20. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    HAGRID had a romantic storyline?! If so, I've so blocked that out. I hope you're just talking Hagrid/Aragog luurve. Well, there's Lupin and Tonks. And the married Weasleys. And Snape (ewww) and his whole unrequited thing (though they weren't really older than kids when Lilly was still alive, of course).

The best part of JKR revealing this? Getting rid of the "long-flowing blonde girl" dialogue from the 6th film (how terrible would THAT have been?!). I always though of him as asexual too, but hey, at "least" he's pretty much so if it was only Grindelwald and was unrequited at that. (I didn't read the link, I'm going by what JD posted on lj from reports fresh from her friend at that JKR talk in NYC)

21. JediNoc

JediNoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2005
    Hagrid and Olympe Maxime of Beauxbatons.

Are ANY of the Hogwarts teachers married?

22. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    Ohhh, right. Well, that wasn't as bad as it could've been.

Nope, none of 'em, except maybe the ones rarely mentioned... (Vector? Hermionie's Ancient Runes or Arithmancy teachers?)? Probably not even them though.

23. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    I honestly don't see what the big deal is. I mean, Dumbledore's gay. So what? Makes no difference to me whatsoever.

24. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I wonder if this means that Neville is doomed to the same fate. I know Luna married someone else so he doesn't marry her.

25. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Who does Luna marry? I missed that one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.