main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Muggle Chat (Potter Thread Version 2)

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediBith, Mar 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    JKR mentioned it in something, it may have been a webchat. It'll be in the encyclopedia. Her husband is some sort of wizard naturalist.

2. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Then I bet he would be a rival to Neville in many ways since Neville was so good in Herbology. Poor Neville, he never seems to win anything.

3. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    Well, I'm up to Chapter 19.

4. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Exactly, why mention it at all? especially if it wasn't in the books. Same with all the other stuff, put it in the books and move on. She might as well write another one at this rate. Although kids might not be able to buy it.

She Said he married Hanna Abbot, and that she ends up being the landlord of the Leaky Cauldron. So when he's not teaching, he lives above a bar.

:mad: Then don't read this thread :mad:

I think everyone should jump on the band wagon now and say their wise-old-wizard character was gay.
    Morpheus . . gay
    Doc Brown . . gay
    Obi-wan . . gay
    Gandalf the gray . .straight
    Gandalf the White . . gay

5. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Obi-Wan Kenobi is not gay!!!

However, perhaps Anakin was and the reason he was so angry and whiny is because Jedi aren't allowed to be gay. He had to conceal it and that pissed him off! [face_thinking]

6. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    Gay is the new mentor, somebody has to be gay. If it's not Obi, then it has to be Qui-Gon. Or Yoda. Maybe Wedge?

7. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I'm tellin' you, it's Anakin!

8. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Why a guy at all? Mon Mothma?

9. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Why does anyone have to be anything? This is a weird conversation...

10. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    ...What is Palpatine is gay?:eek:

11. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I'm just messin' around. Anyway, doesn't really matter who is what... so long as Han Solo is straight, I'm good!

12. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Oddly enough, I can totally accept that Obi-Wan is gay. Remember the tearful goodbye between Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan? Come on! It totally makes sense! Thanks CBM for the revelation.

I guess I'm going to have to re-read all of the books again to look for the hints, not that it matters any way.

13. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Not that she needs the money, but could the Dumbledore revelation just been a brilliant marketing ploy? How many people feel like you and now want to re-read the series? It could really renew the interest in the whole series. [face_thinking]

14. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    exactly, everyone should do that to renew interest in their movies. Indiana Jones' dad, gay. And there's hints in the entire trilogy. You just have to go back and watch it.
    Palpatine is definitely gay. There are clues everywhere. No female apprentices. and I think he likes 'em young, cause he killed the only older one.

15. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    How can it be a marketing ploy if everyone who cares (and some who don't) have already read all of the books? I like to periodically re-read them before the movies any way so it's not a big thing for me. I wonder if Michael Gambon is going to be playing Dumbledore a little differently now. Then again, since he has admitted to not reading any of the books he probably doesn't even know or care.

Did everyone hear who the sources of the horcruxes were? I heard them talk about them a couple of weeks ago.

Riddle's Diary - Myrtle
    Gaunt's Ring - Riddle Sr.
    Nagini - Bertha Jorkins
    Ravenclaw's Diadem - an Albanian Peasant
    Slyterin's Locket - a random tramp
    Hufflepuff's cup - H. Smith (I can't spell her first name)
    Harry - Lily Potter

Now keeping in mind that horcruxes are supposed to be made after a significant kill then why the peasant and tramp? Was there no one else around that he could have killed later that day? What's the deal? I can't wait to see Voldemort fly or see Grindelwald. How much will be left in the movie? Will they show the battle between Grindelwald and Dumbledore (the one that killed Dumbledore's sister)? How much of the camping will be left out? Will they put Mad Eye's eye in the door after all? What about Tonks and Remus? Will they show the death or even the announcement of Teddy? Will anyone else understand where the name comes from? What about Teddy snogging Victoire in King's Cross?

What do you think of the epilogue? Should that be included? Should they show new people as the trio or should they be played by older people? How much will we all cry when Fred dies? Or even Dobby? They need to show Dobby. How big of a role will Griphook have? Will they even use him? Will they show the escape from Gringott's on the back of a dragon? So many questions...

16. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    These are all really good questions.

Here's another one... Are you having a slow day at work?

17. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    It gets people talking about it again. keeps the 'buzz' going. Especially if a lot of people start telling kids not to read the books because of it

I think he was still learning, and remember it was just Dumbly guessing that he wanted significant deaths

not much, look at the last 5. Just what's needed for the overall Harry vs Voldy plot.

I doubt it, since they didn't show it in the book.

Hopefully a lot

long shot

fat chance

should, people like closure in their movies

uhm, what?

I think he will survive in the movies, or his death will be mentioned in passing

probably not at all, even with Warwick already on set.

Like what pimp outfit will Voldy wear in the next movie?

18. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    If it was not mentioned in the book, there will be no more books, then it doesn't matter. It doesn't effect the plot in any way.

And I'm only half way through book 1, but I read this thread occasionally because I like spoilers, and I forget them anyways. [face_clown]

19. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I actually agree with all of CBM's answers to DH's questions.

Also, JD and I have long joked about how EXCITED Palpatine is about Anakin (see: the entire RotS movie, plus parts of the other prequels). "I will soon have a new apprentice, one far younger and [sexier]...."

Can we call Obi-Wan "bi" (if we call him any sexual label)? I'll be sad if we say he's gay. It's too final. And he's too hot.

20. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    JF, I was on my lunch.

Thanks for the responses, CBM.

21. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    DH, I have no room to talk. If my posts are timed during the day, guess where I'm posting from??

22. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    No problem, JF.

23. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    If you go to JK's official site and open the door you'll see the Weasley family tree, Draco's family, and Luna's family. I miss Fred.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.