main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Muggle Chat (Potter Thread Version 2)

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediBith, Mar 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    http://posterwire.com/image.php?img_full=/wp-content/images/imax_order_of_phoneix.jpg&img_title=Harry%20Potter%20and%20the%20Order%20of%20the%20Phoenix

I know this link is long, but copy and paste it anyway, then answer this;
    If you see the movie in IMAX, will Hermione have bigger breast?

2. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Not only will they be bigger, but in 3-D!!

3. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Hmmmmm. Looks like someone at the graphics company was having fun!

4. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Oh brother. Does anyone have any of the special glasses on hand just to see how big they really do get.

5. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Here's my question CBM, why are you thinking about a 16 year old girls breasts?? [face_thinking] [face_laugh]

6. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Ok. Now I feel like a total perv. Please forward my comments 2 years into the future.
    I'm looking forward to this movie, even though I haven't read the book and I'm not nearly a HP fan like most of you. I do enjoy the movies though.

7. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Dudes, seriously, get over it. She's just a kid, though I'm almost positive she's at least 17 if not awfully close to 18. I know Rupert's already 18 and I believe she and Daniel are only a year younger.

I'm thinking of taking the day off to see the handprint ceremony since I'm going to miss the Premiere. I sort of want to go to the podcast also but I've already been to one before so I'm not sure I want to go again. It makes for a really a long day.

I'm almost done with GoF. It's taken longer than I thought. I'm sure I'll be done with OotP before the movie comes out and that gives me plenty of time to finish HBP before DH (great initials) comes out.

8. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    So I could have added to my last post but opted against it because this is a separate discussion. I just finished GoF and I was wondering about Fudge bringing a dementor "for his protection". Do you think that Fudge was afraid that Barty Jr would spill some sort of secret about Fudge's involvement with Voldemort and therefore wanted to silence Barty Jr before he could say anything. What do you guys think about that?

I also heard that when OotP was being made that the screenwriters/film makers wanted to cut out a character but Jo told them that if they did they would be tying the hands of the people working on HBP and DH movies. The character they were going to cut was Kreacher. I guess he plays a very big role in Deathly Hallows.

9. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    It wouldn't surprise me if he did have an important moment or two that could be pivital to the final book. As Dumboldor mentioned, he shouldn't be taken lightly (or something like that). Where was he when Black told him to "get out!"?

I pitied him, but he's creepy, creepy, creepy!!!

Unless you've read OotP, that probably made no sense at all!

10. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    Ooo, exciting. Hmm, I guess Harry will need Kreacher again...I really liked it when Kreacher and Dobby reported back to Harry about following Malfoy--Kreacher cracked me up with his "the youngest Malfoy shines with his nobility" and such.

11. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I've got all the HP books on tape and love the way Kreacher is done! They're read by Jim Dale. He puts just enough cynicism in the voice. It's really great!

12. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    I watched a giddy/child-like red carpet thing on TV Guide about last night's premiere. It was fun to watch, but WARNING TO EVERYONE, they mention the spoiler I'd already heard about Deathly Hallows. I'm not sure what else they talked about, book-wise, 'cause I muted it after that and only turned the sound back on when I looked at the tv again and it was clear they weren't talking about DH anymore. I think that spoiler might be common knowledge, 'cause on this TV Guide Channel thing, they said it was something JKR either hinted at or said.

13. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I'm glad I haven't watched it yet, though I believe I DVR'd it. I did watch something they called "The Hidden Secrets of Harry Potter" or something like that and they went through a bunch of stuff, mostly stuff from the movies though. It was cool to see clips from the old movies. Ced's death still makes me sad.

I'm almost done with OotP, at least I'm not going to go to sleep tonight until I'm done. Then I have a week to finish HBP before DH comes out! I can't wait!

So I drove to the hand/footprint ceremony but the line was WAY TOO LONG so I drove back to the office. I guess if I got out there around 7 am or so I would have been okay but it was too late.

14. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    So I played the injury card and my sis agreed to come with to tomorrow night's midnight show @ Mall of America. We're gonna go early and shop first--the mall lets you rent wheelchairs for free so I won't have to walk around! But I have to turn it back in by 9:30 so then it's getting around on crutches. :/

15. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    Aaaah, DH, you should've gone to Leno today (if you'd taken the day off)!!! Dan Rad's on. I'd so be there were I in town.

EDIT--oh my god, he's FUNNY! And adorabley Britishy. Eeee.

16. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Had I known! Oh well. There's an article in today's times about yesterday's ceremony.

Oh, and I'm wearing my Ravenclaw garb, though without the robes and sweater. I'll suffer only so far.

17. JediVixen

JediVixen Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2001
    Going to see the movie tomorrow night at the Chinese with
    some other LUNners. The 10:30 pm show.
    Is anyone from here going at that time?

18. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    are you crazy? I'm not waiting that long to see it

19. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I second CBM's emotion. A couple of us are going to the midnight show (tonight/tomorrow morning) at Grauman's.

JKR said that she may do another book after DH! YEAH!

20. JediVixen

Oct 18, 2001
    Oh, where are you guys going to see it tonight?

I purchased mine a few weeks ago - the Chinese had
    not announced the midnight showing at that time.

At least I am seeing it before this weekend.....

21. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I fixed it after you posted, JV. We are going to Grauman's. Yeah!

22. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    There are a few of us from the IEFF heading down to Ontario to see it tonight. I'm excited!!!!!

23. JediVixen

Oct 18, 2001
    The Chinese theatre - best place to see movies! :)

Let me know what you think of it tomorrow

24. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    If I hadn't already committed to my group, I would have tried to hook up with you guys tonight at the Chinese. I've only been there once. Would love to be involved in all the excitement of a midnight opening down there. I bet it's fun!

25. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    JF, that would have been a heckuva drive if you came out to Grauman's.

Last time we went to the Vista because they had not announced a midnight show at Grauman's. This time we waited. It's going to be a total blast! I'm sure I'll see it again with mi familia this weekend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.