main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Muja Delievery! (PT Scene Re-write Contest Entry)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by nate_the_great, Jun 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nate_the_great

nate_the_great Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2005
    This is what I wrote for the PT scene re-write contest. Although I didn't win, I do think this is won one my better pieces. Enjoy! By the way, the contest was to write a scene where they (Anakin and Padme) interact with the rest of the family (the Naberries).

?Fire!? A cold, metallic voice stated. The command was followed by a burst of blaster fire. Anakin Skywalker, the Chosen One, Jedi Padawan to Obi-Wan Kenobi, deflected the fire back at the source as a child might bat at a fly. The circle of battle droids was closing tighter and tighter around him Padme. The droid that had fired burst into spare parts, littering the stone floor with metal pieces. Anakin new he could defend himself, but Padme too? He didn?t know how long he could fight these droids. Even they could eventually overwhelm him.

The blue blade hummed and sliced through the air, destroying whatever it touched. But the droids simply kept coming. If Anakin destroyed one, three more stepped into that place to fill the gap. The circle tightened further still. The edges of the circle were no more than ten meters on all sides. An especially ambitious droid, if one could call it that, stepped forward, a stream of red laser fire pouring from its blaster. Anakin deflected the blast toward the ceiling.

Anakin new he was too late before he turned. He could feel the energy blast emanating from the weapon. He could feel it crackle as it slipped easily through the air. He could feel it strike Padme in the chest, knocking her flat. Once again, Anakin Skywalker had been to slow to save someone he loved.

?Padme!? Anakin screamed into the night. ?Padme, hold on!? But the life had already slipped from her body, out into the night. Anakin wept, wept for his ineptitude, wept for Padme.

?Anakin?? That was Padme?s voice! And then Anakin promptly woke up. It had all been a dream. He turned and gazed at the source of the inquiry. Padme was alright. It had all been a very, very bad dream. ?Are you alright, Anakin?? she asked. Anakin only nodded, wiping the very real tears from his eyes.

A beep came from the back of the skimmer. Anakin turned to see R2-D2 beeping as if a threat to Galactic Security had just presented itself. Anakin smiled. ?It?s ok, R2, I?m fine.?

He looked out across the water and saw their destination: the Naberrie home. Padme had wished to see her family, as it had been awhile since seeing them last. Anakin was somewhat anxious about the reunion, not wanting to embarrass Padme, but at the same time, wanting to impress her family. It was a tough line to walk and Anakin new it.

Twenty minutes later, the two exited the wave skimmer. As he stepped on land, Anakin?s legs buckled and he was forced to catch himself on a nearby pole. He gave a lopsided grin when he was Padme trying to keep a laugh in. Once Anakin had acquired his land-legs again, the two set off for the Naberrie household, R2-D2 trundling along behind them.

A few minutes later, Padme was knocking on the door of her old household, thinking of why she had left her former life. Was it all just a selfish excuse to get away from this house? No, that hadn?t been it. She had done it for her people. The people, why was she worrying about the people now? She had to worry about herself. But that was what was wrong with the galaxy now. Everyone worrying about themselves and their private circles of influence. The door opened and interrupted her thoughts. Just inside the door stood a quaint, middle aged woman: Sola Naberrie.

?Sola!? Padme said, rushing forward into her sister?s waiting embrace. The hugged for a long moment until Padme sensed Anakin?s embarrassment. Padme introduced Anakin to Sola and eventually to her mother and father: Jobal and Ruwee Naberrie. Moments later they whole family was gathered around the table to eat. The family talked nervously about the Trade Federation?s invasion several years earlier.

?So, Anakin, you?re the first boyfriend my sister has brought home. You must feel lucky,? Sola said, winking at Padme, who was now turning a deep shade of

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.