Multi-author Fanfic epic- Anyone up for it?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by MasterGhandalf, Apr 23, 2011.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Come on, LLL. Research up and join me on the Dark Side!
  2. MasterGhandalf Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    @ JediDingo: Definitely agreed, though I admit to being rather fascinated by the Dark Underlord :). In any case, the NSW era has plenty of potentially interesting, but little fleshed out, Sith to play with, and we all know that a great story needs a great villain.

@ Harpalyce: Oh, a comic would be cool (I honestly wish I had the art skills to contribute to something like that, though alas, it's not to be :(.) Interesting idea for a Sith character- perhaps she could use her music/general celebrity to play on public opinion and subtly sway people to oppose the Jedi and Republic/support the Sith? Also, if we end up going with Dark Underlord, I saw on the Wookiee that he had a Zeltron as his top general; perhaps a connection could be drawn between the two characters (she could be a relative or protege of the general's).

@ LLL: Hundred-Year Darkness was an internal schism within the Jedi Order that ultimately led to a sizeable group of powerful Dark Jedi being cast out; they became the ancestors of the Sith (Sith Order, that is- the Sith species already existed). The New Sith Wars were a period that lasted between 2000-1000 BBY, and was the time the Sith came closest to complete galactic domination pre-Palpatine, before being destroyed by infighting. It was started by Darth Ruin and culminated in Darth Bane going into hiding and starting the Rule of Two; other notable Sith from that era included the Dark Underlord, Darth Rivan, Knight Errant's rogue's gallery of villains, and Lord Kaan and the Brotherhood of Darkness.
  3. Harpalyce Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I'm not that familiar with the time period, so I'd be sort of 'winging it' on Wiki entries and the like, but I'd love to do a comic - or at least heavily illustrated stories. :)

If I get some time in the next week or so, I'll sketch out some character designs.
  4. JediDingo Force Ghost

star 3
    Dark Underlord is perfectly fine with me! Oh I have a gooooood feeling about this. So when we do this, after agreeing on what the story is, characters, etc, are we gonna try and all write everything at the same time and then release them in order?
  5. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    illustrated stories:) I can do the drawings or paintings
  6. MasterGhandalf Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    It seems to me like that would work, though there definitely needs to be communication between authors to make sure OCs stay in character when being written by someone other than their creator, plotlines flow logically from each other, etc.

How about in the next couple of days I PM everyone who's expressed interest to see if they're still up for it, and get any input they have for metaplot structure, individual storylines, preferences for era and villains, etc.
  7. Websinger2 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I for one would love to do the Darth Ruin era of the New Sith Wars, from his fall to the dark side to his betrayal and death at the hands of his followers and perhaps the aftermath of such an event. Think Horus Heresy series style, with an opening arc about the beginning of Ruin and his Empire, then with lots of stories that focus on the many other, less well known, characters of the era.

Just reaffirming my interest [face_peace]
  8. JediDingo Force Ghost

star 3
    Is this still happening?
  9. MasterGhandalf Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Sorry it's been a while- I've been busy in Real Life, trying to order my thoughts, and waiting to get replies from everyone I PMd :). As far as I'm concerned, it's still on, definitely.
  10. MasterGhandalf Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    All right, everyone- most of the surveys I sent out are in, and it looks like most people are favoring the New Sith Wars as an era, and the succession of standalones/arcs as a format. If no one raises major objections, it looks like that's what we'll be going with. Now we just need to decide what specific chapter of the NSW we're covering (Darth Ruin? Dark Underlord? Someone else?) and from there, what plot structure we want. Let's hear some thoughts ! :).
  11. Tohl_Andares Jedi Master

MasterGhandalf,

Could you PM me with some more detail. It does seem interesting. (I can't PM a reply yet, if you do send one. Still catching up to the 20 posts thing)

I take it the Star Wars Wikia has enough info on the New Sith Wars.
  12. JediDingo Force Ghost

star 3
    At first I thought the idea of exploring Darth Ruin's rise and fall was a great opprutunity for something like this, but the more I think we have potential for a much broader, and better story if we stick right in the middle of the New Sith Wars. I think that the Dark Underlord angle would be interesting indeed, after reading about him on the Wookiee. But I also see a TON of potential if we created our own situation, before or after the Dark Underlord takes power. That way we can fit our story into canon without having being restricted in anyway, really. So my vote is either with Dark Underlord, or something that we come up with on our own. I'm leaning towards the latter. But if everyone chooses something else, I'm down with that too. I just think there is more potential with us exploring a time period within the New Sith Wars that is a little bit before Dark Underlord, or after.
  13. Harpalyce Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    If it'll help get creative juices flowing, here's Miska, my 'main character' - along with Darth(? Sith Acolyte at least) Hedonia (still working on her character design).

http://fav.me/d3gcyvo :)
  14. Tohl_Andares Jedi Master

Just chiming in that I am interested in this project. Just waiting for Ghandalf to reply to my PM if he likes my rough idea before I post it here.
  15. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Do you need artwork?

I can do that if you give me the outlines of the characters.

I did this one of Llacielo Sageon (canon character from ROTS) and he had to look like Q from James Bond

[image=http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk124/earlybird-obi-wan/forcenetart/Sageon.jpg]
    [image=http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk124/earlybird-obi-wan/forcenetart/Sageon1.jpg]
  16. JediDingo Force Ghost

star 3
    Why don't you just go ahead and tell us what your idea is, I'm sure he won't mind at all. It will get a converstation going, and the faster that happens the faster we can start working on the story.
  17. Tohl_Andares Jedi Master

It is an idea but going by his statement that he prefers the Dark Underlord, it doesn't really have a place. Will update this post with the idea when I arrive home.
  18. MasterGhandalf Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    ^ I'm leaning towards Underlord, but I'm certainly open to other ideas and I want to see what everyone else thinks, since I don't want to simply rope people into writing the story *I* want. Post it!
  19. Websinger2 Jedi Knight

star 1
    This is a collab effort, so go ahead and post the idea anyway:)

It seems people are leaning towards the Dark Underlord, which is cool and has tons of potential, but even if we do that, I'd still be interested and enthusiastic in doing a sort-of prequel or "flashback" trilogy featuring the rise and fall of Ruin, a story I would love to write anyway so it would be cool to tie in. If we go with Dark Underlord, the Ruin story can even have the seeds planted for the Underlord and tie in nicely.
  20. Websinger2 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Is anyone still interested in this?
  21. JediDingo Force Ghost

star 3
  22. Websinger2 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Awesome, just seemed very quiet on this thread. Any more ideas to throw around? Just to get something going
  23. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Still interested in doing the artwork
  24. Harpalyce Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I'm still very much interested - I actually just got a new neat program for doing comics that I'm keen to try out. :)
  25. Websinger2 Jedi Knight

star 1
    :) Cool, good to hear. I have no intention of taking over here or anything, just since it's been a while since we've discussed anything, what do people still want to do? If we could all just post our preferred story idea to get something going again, since it has been pretty quiet here recently.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade