main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek: 2009] Diversionary Tactics -drabbles, fictlets, etc. Updated 2/16/17!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by brodiew, Dec 14, 2016.

1. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Star Trek 2009

Snowfall

As the shuttle touched down and the hatch was opened, Kirk saw and felt his first snow since Delta Vega. He had been looking forward to this shore leave and had specifically planned to visit the ski resort at LIUM VI.

Exiting the shuttle with him were Christine, Bones, Spock, and Uhura. They wore ski suits and all carried skis and poles with the exception of Bones.

"Did you forget your skis, Bones?" Kirk asked, confused.

"In fact, I did not," McCoy replied, matter of fact. "I am happy for the four of you to risk life and limb, but I will stay warm by cuddling up to a glass of bourbon at the bar."

"Come on, Bones," Kirk entreated, hitting his friend on the shoulder. "We can still get you skis in the club house."

"You might have told me this was a couples excursion," McCoy grumbled, pulling the collar of his coat closer around his neck.

"One might think it was obvious," Spock deadpanned, pinning the doctor with curious stare.

"Spock!" Nyota admonished weakly, stifling a laugh.

"Well look who woke up on the wrong side of the bed," McCoy retorted.

If Spock rolled his eyes, he would have in that moment. "Doctor, your argument is baseless as I always wake up on the same side of the bed."

2. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, Spock. :oops::rolleyes:[face_laugh]

As ever, your dialogue and voices for these guys are spot on! I really can never get enough between McCoy and Spock's banter - even if Spock doesn't realize he's bantering. ;) The last line for this just cinched it. [face_laugh]

I am so, so happy to see new work from you, and look forward to seeing where you go with these next! =D=[:D]

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  3. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Mira_Jade: You always been a great friend to me, Mira. I am honored that you still enjoy my simple offerings. 2009 Spock is easier to work with when showing irritation or annoyance. He clearly has a sharp, pointed wit. Bones is...Bones. Love that guy!

Star Trek 2009

Warmed by the fire

"Klingons!" Kirk exclaimed on seeing one the snarling warriors emerge through a door that had just been kicked from its hinges. "Find cover!"

Kirk retreated around the corner of the nearest building, peering back in the direction of the Klingons. He drew his phaser and turned to McCoy, who, along with two red shirted security personnel, crouched behind him. Before Kirk could issue an order, the doctor harshly whispered:

"Why are you yelling? Do you want them to know we're here?"

The captain returned a knowing smirk. "Is that rhetorical question, Bones? If we are going to get to the hostages in time, we need to draw the Klingons out and dispatch them."

A disruptor blast took out a chunk of from the edge of the building sending pebbles and small bits of concrete onto the heads of the away team.

Kirk shook the particles from his hair, grinned, turned to fire on the advancing warriors.

"Wonderful," Bone grumbled.

Kirk waved the security officers forward and pointed to the building opposite them. With addition gestures, he order them to cross the distance to the to the next building and attempt a sneak attack from the Klingon's flank.the two men darted off on their mission, leaving Kirk and McCoy alone.

"You know I live for this, Bones," Kirk said, blue eyes blazing.

"That's why I'm here, Jim," Bones said through a grimace. "To make sure you do."

4. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, it's my pleasure to be here for these, brodie! I thank you for writing - your work is always a joy to read. :)

And this is another great snippet - such banter is always the perfect way to start the morning! Poor McCoy, being all mother-hen, and Kirk decidedly not caring about life and limb so long as he completes the mission. Those last two lines were the best - really, perfectly in character. I could hear them being delivered by their respective actors in my mind. :p

=D=

5. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Mira_Jade: You know who's awesome? You are. I am the one who is honored to that you enjoy my writing, as sparse as it is. Here is a little more.

Star Trek: 2009

Fight or Flight

Leonard McCoy had been in his share of fist fights, even held his own in a couple of them, but knife fights are a different thing altogether. Especially when the blade is five centimeters thick and has two mini daggers protruding from its base. The blade was so big that the doctor kept his eyes on it rather than the enraged Klingon who was waving it about, tossing it from hand to had. To this chagrin, there was nowhere for McCoy to run. He had been caught unaware while re-calibrating the sensor display above bed number three. He was trapped.

Ignition

The swarthy Klingon intruder stalked the doctor like a tiger toying with it's afternoon snack.

“Let's be reasonable, now,” McCoy offered, trying the genial approach. “I'm a doctor. Not a fighter. There's no glory in killing me.”

The warrior spat his derision at the doctor's feet. “What you say is true, coward! But it is better that there is no one left to bind the wounds of any survivors.”

“Well, that...er...makes a lot of sense,” McCoy stammered, as the warrior took a step closer. “What didn't sound right at all was the part about me being a coward.”

Shall We Dance

A hearty laugh burst from the lips of the Klingon attacker. “Then perhaps the glory will be yours when you bravery and skill overcome mine!”

McCoy knew is time was running out. On or two more steps and that dagger would open him up like a bursting dam. Lovely image. Without a second thought he started singing.

I want to talk about me
    Want to talk about I
    Want to talk about number one
    Oh my me my
    What I think, what I like, what I know, what I want, what I see.*

The Klingon shook his head fiercely from side to side and grimaced, which turned into an outright growl. He thrust his blade aggressively toward the doctor.

McCoy put his hand out signaling the unhinge attacker to stop.

I like talking about you, you, you, you usually, but occasionally
    I want to talk about me
    I want to talk about me.”*

In that moment, the chief medical officer chopped down hard on the Klingon's wrist while also placing a front kick has hard as he could to the warrior's right knee. A grunt of discomfort was followed by a howl of pain as the warrior dropped the blade and crumpled to the floor clutching his knee. The doctor then placed another kick to his opponent's head, ushering him into unconsciousness.

Grabbing a phaser from a wall compartment in his office, McCoy muttered: “Wrong coward, Partner.”

* 'I want to talk about me' -Toby Keith

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  6. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Aww, that's what friends are for! To make sure than when muses are going they stay going. ;) =D=

I really liked these ficlets, that said. What a great way to tell a story through the prompts! I felt all the sympathy for McCoy predicament here - what twisted logic from the Klingon! Just . . . no. o_O But what I really love is that 'archaic' country music was just the secret weapon that McCoy needed! The good doctor should never be so underestimated. [face_mischief][face_love]

Very creative, and fun to read, brodie, as always! :D =D=

7. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Love your McCoy in these vignettes, funny read

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hello! [face_dancing] [face_dancing] Snowfall - delightful -- Warmed by the Fire -- perfect! characterizations. The final exchange between Jim and McCoy absolutely spot-on [face_love] & Fight or Flight [face_laugh] [face_laugh] I do hope these continue =P~ Yum! [face_batting]

9. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    I feel like I'm intruding.

Still, some good stuff here. I liked the Klingon's logic about neutralising anyone who could bind wounds.