main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Multi-Fandom] Drabble Squadron (1/26: "Synchronicity" (Sapphire & Steel))

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Poe Drabbleron, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Poe Drabbleron

Poe Drabbleron Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 29, 2015
    Title: Aliud Stans, Aliud Sedens
    Fandom: Newhart

"Anyone else have anything to say?"

Dick sat quietly, biding his time. He waited until Chester started to open his mouth to close the discussion period before saying, "Uh, I have- I have something."

"The floor recognizes Dick Loudon. You have two minutes, Dick."

Dick knew immediately that the crowd was with him, and not just because they always agreed with whoever spoke last (hence waiting until the last second). He was articulate and persuasive, and when he finished, there was actually applause.

"If there's nobody else," Chester said, "then-"

Larry and the Darryls stood. "We'd like a turn, please."

pronker likes this.
  2. Poe Drabbleron

Dec 29, 2015
    Title: Rosam cum Anemone Confers
    Fandom: Doctor Who
    Doctor: Ninth

The Doctor slammed the lever forward, and once again, the TARDIS was on its way. "When I first encountered Rose," he told Jack, "she was like a sea anemone, anchored to one miserable humdrum spot on one miserable humdrum planet."

"Oi!" she yelled from across the room.

He grinned back. "But now I've plucked her from her sea bed and shown her the universe."

"Why do I have this suspicion," Rose asked, "that I've just been terribly insulted?"

Jack replied, "Well, he did compare you to a sea creature with one opening that serves as both mouth and anus."

"WHAT?!"

3. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    [face_laugh] This one, and the one before, just ... just .... [face_rofl] I might not be cognizant of all the Whoville Doctors and assistants, but Newhart. Just Newhart.[face_love]

4. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    This last one had an awesome punchline - you have the dialogue between these three down pat, and I enjoyed it very much. :p =D=

5. Poe Drabbleron

Dec 29, 2015
    Thanks.

Title: Aranearum Telas Texis
    Fandom: Spider-Man

"Peter! Help, Peter!"

Peter raced up the stairs and down the hall to the bathroom, but the door was locked. He pounded and shouted, "MJ! MJ! What's the matter?"

From inside, Mary Jane yelled back, "Peter, do you have that stuff you made to dissolve your webs? I'm kinda stuck to the toilet seat!"

"There's some under the sink, but I swear, honey," he stammered, "I didn't shoot-"

"I know, Peter. I think I did." She chuckled, but not happily. "I guess that with years of continual exposure - and maybe the regular sexual contact - your powers are contagious after all."

pronker likes this.
  6. Poe Drabbleron

Dec 29, 2015
    Title: Vincit qui Patitur
    Fandom: The Simpsons

Abe leaned back, then remembered he wasn't sitting down and stopped. "Boy," he declared, "life is a lot like a tontine! Do you know how?"

Bart groaned and rolled his eyes. "Grandpa, is this gonna be about your unit during World War Two again?"

"No! Shut up!" He reached out to strangle Bart but gave up immediately when the boy backed a few inches further away. "Because the last one left gets everything! You see, it all goes back to World War Two, or as we called it at the time, World War: The Sequel: Germany's Revenge! My unit had..."

pronker likes this.
  7. Poe Drabbleron

Dec 29, 2015
    Title: Temporibus Inserviendum
    Fandom: Sapphire & Steel

"Time," announced the thin man in the suit. "It's not just 'what keeps events from happening all at once.' It's a living, scheming force that has been trying to push its way into our reality for longer than your species has existed. Once here, it will seek to dominate, to pervert this dimension as it has those it's conquered already.

"That," he concluded, "is why we must stand together to welcome our new lord and master."

All conversation, all sound ceased, and everyone else in the room turned toward him. The woman beside him asked, "Sorry, Steel, what was that?"

8. Poe Drabbleron

Dec 29, 2015
    Title: Haud Semper Errat Fama; Aliquando et Elegit
    Fandom: Spider-Man

Robbie strode in through the open door and slammed a sheet of paper down on Jameson's desk. "We've been friends a lot of years, so I've held my tongue through a lot the stuff you've pulled, never more than this year."

"That was you holding your tongue?"

Robbie ignored that. "You have been destroying people's lives with rumor and innuendo," he said.

"Our lawyers say-"

"Oh, always just skirting the edge of libel," Robbie agreed. "Only now it's been for the overt purpose of getting a bloviating demagogue into office."

"Hey, I don't bloviate!"

"Shut up, Jonah. I'm quitting here!"

pronker likes this.
  9. Poe Drabbleron

Dec 29, 2015
    Title: Quod Cibus Est Aliis, Aliis Est Venenum
    Fandom: Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

The bluish, translucent glob - Commander Sisko really could come up with no better term for it - shivered on its plate, though he didn't know if this was a reaction to some air currents in the room or a sign that it was still alive. And that was before the pale haze started rising from it.

"Are you not enjoying your Holpnapup, Commander?" the Thweefian delegate asked as he slurped up the last of his own. "It's quite rude not to eat something that your guest has brought to share." He added, "If you're too slow, it'll lose that methany flavor!"

pronker likes this.
  10. Poe Drabbleron

Dec 29, 2015
    Title: De Re Amissa Irreparabili Ne Doleas
    Fandom: Batman

Dr. Chambers intensified her attempts to wriggle out of Batman's iron grip. "You don't understand! I'm just trying to reach the nether realm that my husband was thrown into!"

Batman pulled her around until her face was inches from his. "You've murdered sixteen innocents trying to open that portal!" he shouted. "Your husband is gone, and you need to face that you're never getting him back!"

She stopped struggling and just stared blankly at him for a moment. "Really? And why did you go into the nighttime vigilante business again? Everyone in Gotham knows you're doing this to avenge someone."

pronker likes this.
  11. Poe Drabbleron

Dec 29, 2015
    Title: Sagittarius
    Fandom: James Bond

Three more arrows struck close to Bond's bolthole. One shattered against a tree, but the other two were salvageable. Bond listened for the sounds of the mysterious shooter coming closer, but none came. Whoever was attacking was still just firing exploratory shots, maybe hoping to flush him out; but they hadn't yet found him yet. He retrieved the two arrows and added them to his growing collection.

He still didn't have anything he could use to string a makeshift bow, but the arrows themselves could make effective melee weapons. On the next pass, he decided, he would make his move.

pronker likes this.
  12. Poe Drabbleron

Dec 29, 2015
    Title: Osctante Uno Deinde Oscitate et Alter
    Doctor: Twelfth

The Doctor reared back suddenly, startling the other diners. "Of course!" he shouted. "How could I have missed something so blindly obvious? The answer was staring me in the face, almost literally!" He started straightening up the items he'd just knocked over. "They were hiding in and transferring via the yawns themselves!"

A matronly woman at the next table asked, "Doctor, are you saying we're in danger from yawn creatures of some kind?"

"Not everything's about you lot!" he snapped. "This was a few stops back! I just missed- unless," he pivoted, growing quieter, "they hitched a lift with us."

pronker likes this.
  13. Poe Drabbleron

Dec 29, 2015
    Title: Ferto Fereris
    Fandom: Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

The Leksicorean ambassador pushed past the security personnel and strode into Captain Sisko's office. "This is an outrage! A mere three days before my people's most sacred holiday, and your Odo is denying us our most basic rites!"

Without looking up from his desk, Sisko asked, "Like the one where you cook and eat-"

"Our greatest enemy, yes. From the time they first swarmed over our planet, the humans and the Leksicoreans have been mortal foes!

"I'd thought your Federation was built upon tolerance and acceptance of other cultures!" He sighed. "Already, it's too late to begin the sacred marinade!"

pronker likes this.
  14. Poe Drabbleron

Dec 29, 2015
    Title: Aetate Prudentiores Reddimur.
    Doctor: War
    Setting: During "Day of the Doctor"

The Doctor glared at his later selves. Wisdom was supposed to come with age and experience? He refused to believe either of those two had any edge on him in that. Frankly, he doubted they were half as wise as, well, he was.

Maybe, he thought, it was apparent age that brought wisdom. But memories of his past selves squashed that idea quickly. Had he ever, or would he, had an incarnation as wise as he was now? Did war breed wisdom?

The younger, ganglier one huffed. "Don't mistake grumpy cynicism for wisdom. Yes, I remember what I was thinking."

Sith-I-5 and pronker like this.
  15. Poe Drabbleron

Dec 29, 2015
    Title: Omnibus Notum Tonsoribus
    Fandom: Get Smart

Max sat forward slightly so the barber could push tissue paper inside the back of his collar. "Relax, 99. Elias here has been cutting my hair for years, since before I was in..." He leaned close and spelled the word CONTROL. Both 99 and the barber rolled their eyes.

"Anyway, my good man," Max continued, "I'll take my usual haircut, Elias." As the barber began working, Max started to feel uneasy. "Say, Elias," he wondered, "something about you looks different today. You seem taller, more muscular, and less black than you usually do. Did you get a new haircut yourself?"

16. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, Max. Because of course that's his first thought. :oops::rolleyes:

That was another wonderfully in character drabble, thanks for sharing! :) =D=

17. Poe Drabbleron

Dec 29, 2015
    Thanks.

Title: Domus Amica Domus Optima

Professor Lormician peered over his lectern. "An attentive Time Lord and his TARDIS develop a symbiotic relationship as each becomes attuned to the other, making the experience richer and more rewarding for both. A dismissive Time Lord who treats his TARDIS as merely another tool denies himself this relationship."

At the back of the lecture hall, young Romanadvoratrelundar sighed wearily. She was determined to do well in all her classes, but she resented that it meant enduring such absolute twaddle.

The Doctor shrugged. "I never took his class. Fun teacher?"

"Ponderous and interminable," Romana replied. "You'd have got on famously."

18. Poe Drabbleron

Dec 29, 2015
    Title: Vita Nostra Similis Bullae in Aqua
    Fandom: Super Mario Bros.

Mario watched helplessly as the tiny bubbles of exhaled air rose through the water, disappearing into the distance as he sank further and further into the murky depths, knowing that each bubble that floated up and away symbolized the life that had been seeping out of him in the milliseconds since he'd brushed that blasted fish with his foot.

Then the moment passed, time returned to its normal pace, and he dropped away into oblivion.

Mario slid into the water with barely a splash, the cold shock jolting him awake. Maybe, he thought, the fourteenth time would be the charm.

19. Poe Drabbleron

Dec 29, 2015
    Title: Si Fias Tu Leo, Qualis Eris?
    Fandom: World of Warcraft

"I'm wary about taking on my new cat form," the young druid whimpered. "What if I become some hideous monstrosity that needs to be put down with extreme prejudice?"

The elder tauren studied him for a long moment before replying, "If you become a monster that must be 'put down,' then we shall do precisely that."

Seeing his panicked expression, she chuckled. "Have you," she asked, "experienced such an outcome when you've adopted any of your other forms? Was your bear form a monster? Your flight form? Aquatic form?"

"I haven't done any of my shapeshift forms yet," he admitted.

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  20. Poe Drabbleron

Dec 29, 2015
    Title: Simia Simia Est, Etiamsi Aurea Gestet Insignia
    Fandom: Archer

Lana calmly but firmly asked, "Archer, why did you bring a monkey into the office?"

"Olga's not a monkey," he lied. Behind him, the animal leaped up onto Agent Fanning's desk and started throwing pens across the room. "See how offended she is that you'd even think such a thing? Olga's an Olympic champion, winner of three gold medals and a bronze."

Running out of pens, the monkey took off one of her medals and chucked it instead.

"Speaking of which," Lana wondered, "where'd you get those medals, anyway?"

"I didn't mug swimmer Mark Spitz, if that's what you're thinking!"

21. Poe Drabbleron

Dec 29, 2015
    Title: E Squilla Non Nascitur Rosa
    Fandom: Golden Girls

"In the cold light of adulthood, it seems a bit silly now, I guess, but that's the perfectly reasonable and logical series of steps that led to me believing, between the ages of eight and nineteen, that I'd been kidnapped by these humans and that my real father was a poisonous sea plant."

Dorothy glanced toward the others; did they share her revulsion, not just at the leaps that defied reason and logic, but also at the depravity and outright horror lurking very near the surface of this tale of a Minnesota childhood?

Finally, Sophia spoke. "Rose, you're an idiot."

pronker likes this.
  22. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007

[face_rofl][face_rofl] But but but it explains so much!!!

23. Poe Drabbleron

Dec 29, 2015
    Thanks.

Title: Fors Omnia Versat
    Fandom: Pinky and the Brain

The tiny, improvised shack withstood the first two walls of water, but it was finally blasted apart by the third one to strike it within those first moments of the storm. The debris was carried away and dissipated by the rushing flood waters, leaving no sign that it had ever existed.

Pinky watched silently, grateful for the narrow escape, while Brain hopped up and down in impotent fury. "Blind, dumb luck!" he yelled. "How often are we defeated by random chance?"

"Two, three times a week, maybe," Pinky answered. "Usually, we fail because of our own mistakes, of course, poit!"

pronker likes this.
  24. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Bwahaha! [face_laugh]:oops: Leave it to Pinky to put the blunt truth best in his own words. Fantastic work, as always. =D=

25. Poe Drabbleron

Dec 29, 2015
    Thanks.

Title: Pituita Me Tenet
    Fandom: Ghostbusters (2016)

Kevin nodded thoughtfully. "So you're telling me the rest of the team have been taken over by snot creatures. Are they alien snot creatures? I hope they're aliens! That would be so cool!"

"It's not snot!" snapped Abby. She had to stop herself from grabbing Kevin by the shirt and shaking him. "It's ectoplasm! They're possessed by ghosts, not alien snot monsters!"

"Fine, they're alien phlegm monsters," Abby conceded. "But that's totally different from snot!" After a long pause, she added, "I think."

"Wow! Aliens are totally real! How do we stop them possessing our friends?" asked Kevin.

"No clue."

pronker likes this.