main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Multi-Fandom] Drabble Squadron (1/26: "Synchronicity" (Sapphire & Steel))

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Poe Drabbleron, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Poe Drabbleron

Poe Drabbleron Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 29, 2015
    Title: Capricornus
    Fandom: James Bond

Bond raced across the bridge on foot even as, ninety meters downriver, the amphibious tank rose from the water. It rolled over the shingle, gaining speed, and crashed through the concrete wall of the lab annex. By the time Bond reached that side and started scrabbling down to the bank, the vehicle had disappeared into the building.

He reached the hole and immediately had to leap aside as it came charging back out. He rolled and sprang back up, his gun drawn and firing. His shots bounced futilely off its armored shell; then it was gone, back into the water.

pronker likes this.
  2. Poe Drabbleron

Dec 29, 2015
    Title: Vigilanti Stertit Naso
    Fandom: Batman

At the far end of the hallway, not quite obscured by shadow, the form of an ancient security guard sat slumped in his folding chair, snoring loudly. "C'mon, Mistah J, while he's out like a light!"

The Joker pulled his hand free and stepped back. "Harl, I think we should go a different way. Something about that sleeping guard smells fishy, and believe me, I know fishy."

"You think maybe he's faking? Maybe he's Batman, baiting a trap for us?"

Just then, a black glove came down on the Joker's shoulder, and a deep voice growled, "I think maybe not."

3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    I know fishy - why yes, yes the Joker most certainly does. :p That had me cracking a grin almost as much as the punch line.

Excellent job, once again! Your Batman drabbles are always a highlight of this collection to me. =D=

4. Poe Drabbleron

Dec 29, 2015
    Thanks.

Title: Pro Thesauro Carbones
    Fandom: The Simpsons

Smithers carefully lifted Mr. Burns over a fallen beam and set him down in a relatively clear spot in what used to be the foyer. "Are you sure you should be here, sir? The Fire Marshal warned us that it's-"

"I care not what some lackwit with only a public university education thinks! Look about you, Smithers. So many priceless valuables reduced to charred coal. Before the day is out, three of the five largest insurers in the world will be bankrupted, and that will still barely cover half the value.

"If I weren't so incredibly wealthy, I'd be worried."

Ewok Poet and pronker like this.
  5. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    That was fantastic. And so Burns, to lose everything, yet have a backup scheme that will put others out of business, but not him. Now, one has to wonder if he started the fire himself!

pronker likes this.
  6. Poe Drabbleron

Dec 29, 2015
    Thanks.

Title: Nihil Est ab Omni Parte Beatum
    Fandom: Doctor Who
    Doctor: Twelfth

The Doctor closed his eyes, spread his arms wide, and inhaled deeply. "The Eye of Orion, Nardole, long considered one of the most peaceful places in the universe."

"So I've heard," Nardole said. "Shame how all the tourists have ruined the place, isn't it?"

The Doctor opened one eye and peered left, then right. Dozens of beings - a few alone but most with families or tour groups - filled the clearing. Some were snapping photos. Others were eating. Children were crying. And now he noticed the smell, and his nose wrinkled in disgust.

"Oi, geezer!" someone shouted. "Get off the grass!"

pronker likes this.
  7. Poe Drabbleron

Dec 29, 2015
    Title: Futurum Invisibile
    Fandom: Futurama

"So," Fry recapped, "if I'm ever back in my own time, I can change whatever, because this future won't have been written yet?"

Professor Farnsworth pinched his nose and sighed. "No, you poor, deluded moron! This is the present, not the future. Only what happens after now counts as the future. Everything after this present is in flux, and everything before is fixed!"

"If I go forward six months, then come back, I can prevent what I see?" Leela asked. "But me of six months ago can't?"

"Precisely!" Farnsworth grinned and blew a stray red hair out of her face.

pronker likes this.
  8. Poe Drabbleron

Dec 29, 2015
    That ended my drabbles written in 2016. There are a bunch written on postcards when I couldn't be home, and some of those are fanfic, but I don't know when I'll get a chance to type them in. And when I do, most are undated, so I don't know how well I'll be able to match them up to the Latin phrases. Anyway, as 2017 rolled around, I started posting daily theme challenges of my own. Of course I've been writing my own responses, but almost none have been fanfic. Here's one:

Title: Synchronicity
    Fandom: Sapphire & Steel

Frank stubbed out his cigar and glowered over his desk. "I don't believe in happenstance, coincidence, whatever."

"Then," the man in the doorway replied, "you're an even bigger idiot that I'd thought. Time is built on-"

The woman, who unlike her colleague had accepted the offer of a seat, raised her hand, cutting him off. "What he means, Mr. Tarrant, is that chance and coincidence are two of the fundamental elements of reality. Even Time itself, if you want to think of it as an intelligent entity," she added hastily, "can't control everything. Have you heard of Chaos Theory?"

"Nope."

pronker likes this.
  9. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    These are terrific. Even though at least half of them are from fandoms I know nothing about, not even one of them left me saying "Wha?". And a lot of them are really funny.