main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Multi-Fandom] Drabble Squadron (1/26: "Synchronicity" (Sapphire & Steel))

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Poe Drabbleron, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Poe Drabbleron

Poe Drabbleron Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 29, 2015
    Title: Diluculo Surgere Saluberrimum Est
    Fandom: Star Trek: The Next Generation

Will staggered out of his tent and saw the blue Hagharian sun cresting the eastern horizon. A voice behind him said, "Good morning, sir."

"Data, the solar cycle on this planet is only fourteen hours. You don't need to keep waking me at daybreak."

"I understand, Commander," Data replied. "However, I thought you might want to see this."

Will turned around... and beheld the most awesome sight he had ever witnessed. In that moment, he realized that his entire career - no, his whole life - had been but a prelude to right now, right here.

"Yes," he stammered. "Thank you, Data."

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] Me and my one track mind. [face_mischief] Was it Troi? [face_love]

3. Poe Drabbleron

Dec 29, 2015
    It was whatever you imagine it to have been. But no, it wasn't that.

Title: Nuces Relinque!
    Fandom: Arrested Development

"I'm an adult, mother, and you can't make me do this!"

From the other side of the closed door, Lucille calmly replied, "Buster, this is for your own good. You heard what the doctor said. This is something we should've done years ago. You'll be happier and healthier afterward, and this should stop some of those weird behaviors you've been doing lately."

Dr. Simmons yelled, "Buster's your son? Lady, I thought you were talking about a pet of some kind!"

Lucille started to say, "Well..."

"I'm a veterinarian! I'm not castrating a human being!"

"Is this about money?" Lucille asked.

4. Poe Drabbleron

Dec 29, 2015
    Title: Nulla Dies Sine Linea
    Fandom: Babylon 5

The door to the storage space opened, and Garibaldi stood framed in the doorway. "Captain, I'm sorry to have brought you down here at this time of night."

Captain Sheridan replied, "If it's something important, then-"

"We're not sure anymore." He stepped aside so Sheridan could enter. "This space was being rented by the late Vree ambassador. Turns out, he was quite the artist, completing at least one painting every day."

"And?"

Garibaldi showed him some paintings. "They're all of station personnel being probed. We now think it's just fan art, but, ah, does my butt really look like this?"

5. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Hmmmm, oil or watercolor? [face_party]

6. Poe Drabbleron

Dec 29, 2015
    Title: Vitam Regit Fortuna, Non Sapientia.
    Fandom: Gargoyles

David Xanatos set his book down on a side table and rose from his chair. "I've met the smartest people on this planet, Goliath," he explained as he crossed the library. "Most of them wound up working for me."

"Perhaps they were simply smart enough to avoid seeking power," Goliath suggested.

"Perhaps."

"What," asked Goliath, "is the secret? Strength? Guile? Luck?"

"Never underestimate the importance of luck." He paused as he removed another book from its shelf. "I've put a lot of effort into making sure mine is as good as it can be. Isn't that right, Owen?"

"Indeed, sir."

pronker likes this.
  7. Poe Drabbleron

Dec 29, 2015
    Title: Qui Uti Scit, Ei Bona
    Fandom: Red Dwarf

The Cat stared at the shiny cube, entranced. He had just one question. "What is it?"

"No idea," replied Dave.

The Cat turned to Rimmer. "What is it?" Rimmer just shrugged.

They looked across the table to Kryten, and the Cat repeated his question.

"It's a biorganic compressor," answered the android.

"Of course! It's obvious, really," Rimmer lied.

The Cat reached for the compressor. "What's it do?"

"I wouldn't touch it, sir!" Kryten warned. "It compresses and inverts organic tissue. You and Mr. Lister would find your insides on your outsides."

"Well," said Rimmer, "one demonstration couldn't hurt, could it?"

8. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    Good byplay between them - and the menace fairly drips off Xanatos.[face_worried]

9. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] Well, you know what they say about curiosity ... :p

10. Poe Drabbleron

Dec 29, 2015
    Thanks.

Title: Iacta Alea Esto
    Fandom: Get Smart

Once again, as the dice came to rest on the board, they showed exactly the number that would best help Hymie avoid anyone else's property or any other penalty space. His opponents groaned, and Larabee glared at Max.

"So what you're saying," Hymie recapped, "is that humans don't have the fine motor skills necessary to control the results of a dice throw."

"Exactly," Max confirmed. They glanced back into the room, to where the others were continuing to play without them.

Three turns later, Hymie was bankrupt and out of the game. "How," he wondered aloud, "is this more fun?"

pronker likes this.
  11. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    [face_laugh] I really enjoyed this one; but your Get Smart drabbles are always gems for me. =D=

12. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    I am deliriously happy to read these names again: Larrabee, Hymie, and of course Max. Loving the Latin, as well.[face_mischief]

13. Poe Drabbleron

Dec 29, 2015
    Thanks.

Title: Pericula Veritari Saepe Contigua
    Fandom: The A-Team

Mayor Casterbridge held the three team members at gunpoint while his underlings finished securing their cuffs. "No, it's not fair to say that it's our town's dirty little secret. Everyone knows about it; we just don't feel the need to go on about it all the time, like the poor late Jake Townsend."

"So you're living in denial?" Face ventured.

"Absolutely not. Nobody's pretending it isn't true. Not talking about something isn't the same as denying it. How often do you guys talk about that whole 'wanted by the military' thing?"

"All the time," Hannibal said, and the others agreed.

14. Poe Drabbleron

Dec 29, 2015
    Title: Difficilis Res Est Inventu Verus Amicus
    Fandom: Murder, She Wrote

Jessica sat back and reflected. In some ways, she'd been lucky; for as much as murder seemed a regular presence in her life, relatively few of her good, close friends were among those taken. But, eventually, they succumbed to other things until so very few remained. She wondered, not for the first time, if she'd ever be able to find another really good friend like those she'd lost.

"Now, Jess, why do you have to be so morbid?" Well, at least she had Seth's ghost, or possibly her hallucination of his ghost. Somehow, since death, his accent had only thickened.

15. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    That's so sad!

16. Poe Drabbleron

Dec 29, 2015
    Title: Aquarius
    Fandom: James Bond

Bond squeezed through a gap in the pipework and lined up his shot. He'd already eliminated the soldiers on the lower levels and disarmed their bombs, but Colonel Mwagilia still had enough explosives up here under his direct control to blow a sizeable chunk out of this dam.

"I know you're here, whoever you are!" the colonel announced. "You're too late, you realize that, don't you? Even if you shoot me, this dam will burst, the capital will be flooded, and my general will seize control! We are already martyrs!"

"You first," Bond whispered as his finger squeezed the trigger.

17. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    Very appropriate Bondism.=D=

18. Poe Drabbleron

Dec 29, 2015
    Thanks.

Title: Experientia Docet
    Fandom: Sledge Hammer

Entirely by accident, really, Sledge let the perp's head bang against the doorframe as he put him into the back of the squad car. "When will you ever learn, Petey? This is, what, the seventh time we've taken you in this year?"

The man just grinned back. "When will you ever learn, Hammer?" he asked. "You've arrested me, what, seven times this year? And yet I keep getting released with no consequences whatsoever."

Sledge turned to his partner and calmly asked, "Dori, does he look like he's going for a weapon? I think he might be going for a weapon."

pronker likes this.
  19. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    [face_dancing] Aaaa, I loved this show, whacked out ending to s.1 and all!![face_hypnotized]

20. Poe Drabbleron

Dec 29, 2015
    Title: Propositum Perfice Opus
    Fandom: Looney Tunes

All his life, he'd had one desire, one goal to which he'd devoted almost every waking hour. Even on the rare occasions when he wasn't actively pursuing it, he was hard at work earning the money he needed to pay for all the resources he needed for his obsession.

And now, as he lay on his deathbed - for real this time - his dream had been taken away. His nemesis, come to gloat, had croaked of natural causes only a few feet away. Curse you, he screamed silently, that roadrunner was supposed to be mine! Moments later, Wile himself passed away.

pronker likes this.
  21. Poe Drabbleron

Dec 29, 2015
    Title: Sic Parvis Magna
    Fandom: The Prisoner

The latest Number Two leaned forward in his chair and held out a small open tin. "Are you sure you wouldn't care for a sweet, Number Six?"

"I told you I don't want your sweets!" yelled Number Six as he swatted the tin from Number Two's hand.

Three hours later, that Number Two was dead, and half the Village was in flames. Of course, Number Six knew that by sunrise, the structural damage would be repaired, and everyone would behave as though nothing had ever happened.

But for right now, the consequences of his simple act of defiance were undeniable.

22. Poe Drabbleron

Dec 29, 2015
    Title: Omnis Commoditas Sua Fert Incommoda Secum
    Fandom: Star Trek

Scotty glared at the young interloper. "If ye hurt my Enterprise," he hissed, not bothering to finish the threat.

"I promise, Mr. Scott," said Commander Welsh, his eyes never leaving his terminal's screen. "I'm just overseeing a few assorted software upgrades." Even when he sipped at his coffee, he kept typing with the other hand. "I'm not making any hardware changes."

"I still dinnae trust ye."

Welsh replied, "Just trust that when I'm done, the system should run more efficiently, and the user experience will be far more convenient."

Somewhere in Engineering, something exploded. "Is that what ye call convenient?"

pronker likes this.
  23. Poe Drabbleron

Dec 29, 2015
    Title: Ningit
    Fandom: Smallville

John and Martha Kent stared out the window at the falling snow. Already, more than a foot had accumulated, and the storm showed no signs of letting up. This wasn't terribly unusual for a Kansas winter, though neither could remember this happening in June before.

Their son Clark, convinced that the blizzard was the work of another teen with meteor powers, was somewhere out there now, searching.

"He'll be fine," John said, as much to himself as to Martha.

Clark handed the video game controller back to Chloe. "You'd think," he muttered, "that I'd be better at these."

"Really? Why?"

pronker likes this.
  24. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    Ha, I could *hear* the voices in each of these -- it's a great deal of characterization packed into them. Clark and video gamesO:)

25. Poe Drabbleron

Dec 29, 2015
    Thanks. Here for Valentine's Day...
    [Not really, I wrote it a week and a half ago.]

Title: Refrigeratus ad Os
    Fandom: World of Warcraft

The image lingered on the gnome's charred corpse while the fire mage stepped back to her spot behind Marogg. "Mmm," he declared, "I love the smell of a good roast, don't you?

"Now we come to that little secret I promised." He stepped aside for a second troll mage; unlike the first, this one wore robes of pale blue and white. She hit the corpse with a frostbolt, freezing it instantly.

"Now," Marogg explained, "the meat is ready to just peel right off the bone. You can apply the fire again, or if, like me, you prefer your gnome crunchy..."

pronker likes this.