main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Multi-Fandom] Ficlets of a Geek (Mod's Shuffle Challenge)

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Book-Geek, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011
    #1: Fandom: Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. Song: Don?t Forget by Demi Lovato

Heathcliff didn?t stop running, not caring about the rain that pelted him. Cathy?s words continued to run through his mind.

It would degrade me to marry Heathcliff now. It would degrade me to marry Heathcliff now.

The words rang in his head like a church bell. Over and over and over. And just when he thought it was over, the echoes began.

Finally, when he thought he was far enough away, he stopped and sat underneath a tree. He waited until his breath was back? then be began to weep, letting the fresh water of the rain mix with the salty tears on his face.

Where did we go wrong, Cathy? He asked himself. Why have you forsaken me?

He regretted that day, hated it with a passion, the night they snuck out to spy on the Lintons?, the night Cathy hurt her ankle, forced to stay in a strange house, brainwashed to become what she despised.

?I should never have left her,? He whispered as he stood up. ?I should have stayed with her, held her hand, been there for her no matter what! And I left her there like a coward! And now I?ve lost the only woman I have ever and will ever love!? His voice rose from a whisper to a yell and, with a scream of rage, he punched the tree.

His knuckles were bleeding, but the pain in his hand was nothing compared to the pain he felt in his heart.

Heathcliff turned back to look over the hill he had just crossed, though the moors and Wuthering Heights were miles away and whispered,

?Don?t forget about me, Cathy. Please don?t forget.?

And he continued on.

2. Book-Geek

May 28, 2011
    #2: Fandom: Witch and Wizard by James Patterson. Song: Evacuate the Dancefloor by Cascada

***Set between Witch and Wizard and The Gift***

Wisty was the first to get on the impromptu ?dancefloor? as the first notes started the upbeat song and, before long, she was joined by other members of the Resistance. Even Whit was enjoying himself and Bryon had shyly started dancing, watching what others were doing and trying to mimic their actions.

They were acting like teenagers at a school dance.

Not soldiers.

Not like wanted criminals.

Not like they would be executed on sight if they were seen by the wrong person.

Just normal teenagers.

They were acting like the kids they were before the New Order. They were acting like they didn?t have a care. They were acting like they hadn?t seen who knows how many people die before their eyes. They were acting like their parents were safe at home, watching a movie while waiting for their children to be brought home from the dance.

This was what Wisty was fighting for: to bring down The One Who Is The One and to return to normalcy, to act her age.

And to be free to do so.

3. Book-Geek

May 28, 2011
    #3: Fandom: Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling. Song: Invincible by Muse

***Set after the Battle of Hogwarts***

Harry stood at the top of the Astronomy tower, watching as the sun set. He was standing exactly where Dumbledore had stood nearly a year before? Harry shook his head. While Snape?s memories had helped ease some of the pain, Harry still missed Dumbledore and wished the Headmaster could be standing beside him, a hand on his shoulder, telling him how proud he was?

Was it really that morning when Voldemort had died? Time had gone so slowly.

Harry had tried to sleep, but couldn?t, despite the warmth and coziness of his four-poster bed. His mind was too restless. So he sat with the Weasleys, hugged the Tonks? as they grieved, held his godson for the first time, shook hands, offered condolences, and toasted all those who had died. This was the first moment he had to himself, to bask in the quiet, to reflect.

And he never did get that sandwich.

He heard soft footsteps, but didn?t turn.

He smelled her flowery scent before he felt her arms around his waist, her cheek against his back.

?Hello Ginny,? He whispered, putting his hands on hers.

?Hi Harry,? Ginny whispered back. ?Are you alright??

?I am now,? Harry said, bringing Ginny around in front of him and kissed her. ?Ginny,? He whispered when they finally broke off. ?I? I can?t even begin to thank you.?

?For what?? She asked, her red eyebrows furrowing.

?For being constantly on my mind. For giving me the hope and the drive when I was ready to give up. For loving me, not just because I?m famous. For knowing my heart inside and out. For being here right now.? Harry kissed the top of her head, breathing in her beautiful flowery scent, slightly damped by the smell of dirt, blood and smoke.

?I love you Ginny Weasley,? He whispered.

?I love you, too, Harry Potter,? Ginny said, burying her face in Harry?s shirt. Then, as quickly as she had nestled herself in, she fought her way back out and slapped Harry?s shoulder and glared at him with her brown eyes, reminding him of her mother? and also reminding him of what her mother had done that very morning to Bellatrix Lestrange. ?But don?t you ever, ever, make me think you are dead again! Am I clear??

?Yes ma?am,? Harry said, ducking his head slightly.

?Good. Now kiss me.? Ginny ordered.

He did as he was told. Then they stood there, arms wrapped around each other as they watched the sunset.

Tomorrow, the dead would be buried. Tomorrow, the rebuilding would begin.

But tonight, they were invincible.

4. Book-Geek

May 28, 2011
    #4: Fandom: Phineas and Ferb created by Dan Povenmire and Jeff ?Swampy? Marsh. Song: Neutron Star Collison by Muse

***Set 5 years post Across the Second Dimension***

Phineas and Ferb?s machine to help their mother remember where she had left her car keys had worked. A little too well. Now they all remembered what had happened that day five summers ago, the one day they had struggled to remember.

And Phineas remembered the kiss.

He turned to a blushing Isabella in shock. Embarrassed, Isabella had run away in tears.

Ironically, Mom opened the door briefly and called out to the boys, ?Never mind! I found my keys!?

Phineas reached up and touched his lips.

?That kiss? it was the most magical thing I?ve ever experienced. I love her, and I didn?t even know she liked me back?.? Phineas said in a whisper.

?Don?t tell me. Go tell her.? Ferb said, putting a hand on his brother?s shoulder.

Phineas nodded and ran out of the backyard.

He found Isabella in her backyard, sitting on one of the lawn chairs, crying. She looked up when she heard Phineas open the gate and turned her face away from him. But he sat down beside her.

?You know, adults never think that kids can really be in love. Never believe it. They think it?s all just a crush, that it will be over by the end of summer,? Phineas said. Isabella turned briefly to glare at him, wondering how that was supposed to make her feel any better.

?But I think they are wrong,? Phineas continued, staring at his hands, not seeing Isabella?s glare, which softened at his words. ?Love is not something to be played with like a toy. ?I love you? is stronger than any army and as dangerous as a bomb. And when you say it, you should mean it forever. All summer, my heart has been wrestling with saying those three words to you, looking for a sign that you liked me, and foolishly overlooked that you loved me, something I should have noticed five years ago. I am so sorry. I love you, Isa, and I hope you can forgive me.?

?Phineas,? Isabella whispered, taking his hand. She rested her forehead against his. ?I love you, too. And I forgive you.?

They kissed, softly, slowly and lovingly. And Ferb grinned widely as they re-entered the back yard, holding hands and smiling.

When Phineas asked the green-haired teenager why he was grinning so broadly, Ferb?s grin grew broader and he said, ?Buford owes me and all of the Fireside Girls money.?

5. Book-Geek

May 28, 2011
    #5: Fandom: Caster Chronicles by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. Song: Far Away by Nickelback

***Set after Beautiful Darkness***

?Come on,? Ethan said, pulling Lena out of her seat.

It was the Fourth of July, and fireworks were going off in the sky in brilliant hues. Meanwhile, the townspeople of Gatlin danced and ate the night away at the community picnic. A slow song struck up from Link the DJ.

?Are you sure?? Lena asked hesitantly as they got onto the dancefloor. The last time the two of them had danced, it hadn?t gone too well.

?The whole world could be in chaos tomorrow,? Ethan said. ?Just enough time for one last dance with the woman I love.?

With a smile, Lena lay her head on Ethan?s chest and Ethan wrapped his arms around Lena?s waist, gently swaying with her in his arms, ignoring the stinging pain it brought on.

It?s irony, Ethan kelted as he breathed in the scent of Lena?s curls. Even though it hurts when I have my arms around you, it is nothing compared to how it hurts when you?re not in my arms.

That was the worst part of all that mess, Lena replied. I thought of you all the time. I just wanted to hear your voice, lay against you. Your heartbeat is more beautiful than any lullaby.

I missed the Kelting. Us talking no matter how far away from each other we were. Lying in bed and listening to your voice as I fell asleep. I love you, Lena. I always will.

Even if I did turn Dark? Lena asked, looking up at Ethan with her one green eye and her one gold eye.

Ethan leaned down and kissed Lena until his chest started to hurt.

Always.

6. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    These are all so beautiful!! I can't even pick a favorite [face_love] (I mighht have to check out fandoms 2 and 5, since I don't know them!) You did a really lovely job [:D]

7. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Really great entries! The first one had to be my favorite. (Such a sucker for Heath/Cathy here. :p) His pain was palpable, and the emotion of the piece was wrenching. =D=

After that, I really enjoyed the Harry Potter one! There was such a light and hopeful feel to it - especially after the events it followed, and it was a breath of fresh air.

Great work, again. =D=

~MJ @};-