main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Multi-Fandom] It's a Drabble! (12/31: "The Giving of Thanks" (Guardians of the Galaxy))

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Admiral Drabblar, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Admiral Drabblar

Admiral Drabblar Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 2, 2014
    This is the latest incarnation of my drabbles thread. Many of my other non-Star Wars drabbles, including those posted under my prior usernames, can be found in the following threads:
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/32030109]The[/url] Count's Drabbles
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/50009115]UDC[/url] VII: Drabbles Unchained
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/32036929]The[/url] Count's Shufflin'
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/30716441]Salacious[/url]' Drabbles
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/31730461]UDC[/url] VI: For a Few Drabbles More
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/30965061]UDC[/url] 5: Thread Accumulating Response Drabbles in Sets
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/30689718]UDC[/url] 4: Carry On Drabbling (http://boards.theforce.net/threads/29952077]First[/url] two weeks)
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/29181451]Drabbi's[/url] General Drabbles
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/29353200]Drabbles[/url] of Doom
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/29431494]Sunnydrabble[/url] High
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/28820479]Ultimate[/url] Challenge Drabbles

As of December 24, 2015, this thread contains drabbles in the following fandoms:

* The Addams Family
    * Airplane!
    * Amelia Earhart, Fearless Flyer
    * Animaniacs
    * Ant-Man
    * Archer
    * Arrested Development
    * Arrow
    * The A-Team
    * Austin Powers
    * Automan
    * The Avengers (UK)
    * The Avengers (US)
    * Babylon 5
    * Back to the Future
    * Batman
    * Batman: Brave and the Bold
    * Better Off Ted
    * Beware the Batman
    * Bewitched
    * Beyond Belief
    * The Big Bang Theory
    * The Blacklist
    * Blake's 7
    * Buffy the Vampire Slayer
    * Caddyshack
    * Captain Caveman
    * Castle
    * Challenge of the Super Friends
    * Chuck
    * Clue
    * Community
    * The Completely Mental Misadventures of Ed Grimley
    * Danger Man
    * Danger Mouse
    * Dark Shadows
    * Darkwing Duck
    * Deadpool
    * Despicable Me
    * Dilbert
    * Discworld
    * Doctor Doom
    * Doctor Who
    * Farscape
    * Fireball XL5
    * Firefly
    * Flash Gordon
    * Freakazoid!
    * Frozen
    * Gamera
    * Get Smart
    * Ghostbusters
    * G.I. Joe
    * Gilmore Girls
    * Gotham
    * Green Lantern
    * Guardians of the Galaxy
    * Harry Potter
    * House of Cards (UK)
    * How I Met Your Mother
    * Indiana Jones
    * Iris Wildthyme
    * James Bond
    * Judge Dredd
    * Jurassic Park
    * Knight Rider
    * Law & Order
    * Locke & Key
    * The Man from U.N.C.L.E.
    * M*A*S*H
    * Maverick
    * Men in Black
    * Midnight Madness
    * Mission: Impossible
    * Modesty Blaise
    * Monk
    * Mr. Bean
    * Mr. Smith
    * The Muppet Show
    * The Office
    * Pacific Rim
    * Peanuts
    * Pinky and the Brain
    * Pokemon
    * Police Squad!
    * The Princess Bride
    * Psych
    * Pushing Daisies
    * Quark
    * Red Dwarf
    * Resident Evil
    * Sapphire and Steel
    * The Sarah Jane Adventures
    * Saturday Night Live
    * Saved by the Bell
    * Scooby Doo
    * SCTV
    * Secret Squirrel
    * Seinfeld
    * Sesame Street
    * Sharknado
    * Sherlock
    * The Simpsons
    * Sliders
    * Smokey and the Bandit
    * Space Ghost Coast to Coast
    * Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars
    * Star Trek
    * Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
    * Star Trek: The Next Generation
    * Star Trek: Voyager
    * Superman
    *Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    * 30 Rock
    * Torchwood
    * 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
    * UFO
    * V
    * Veronica Mars
    * The Warriors
    * The West Wing
    * When Things Were Rotten
    * Wonderfalls
    * Wonder Woman
    * World of Warcraft
    * The X-Files
    * Yogi Bear
    * You Can't Do That on Television

2. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: The Edge of Memory
    Fandom: World of Warcraft

Wavespeaker Tulra listened as the human recounted what he'd glimpsed in the distance. "Did you investigate?"

"I couldn't," he explained. "I was locked into the memories of that naga."

"Of course."

Over the coming days, she flashed back into the minds of many long dead, until she finally saw it. She gave the next adventurer a different mission: to contact the Keepers of Time.

Quilby was shocked to see a Tauren floating at his door. "I know what you're wondering, and it absolutely doesn't involve any prototype time machines." The other gnomes voiced their agreement.

Tulra grinned. "Of course not."

3. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: Oral Fixation
    Fandom: Archer

"Pam!" Lana yelled. "Take that thing out of your mouth!"

"You can't tell me what to do!" Pam tried to say through her stuffed mouth. But then she glanced down and realized what the thing was and spat it out immediately. It rolled under a desk, humming quietly. "Whose was that?"

"I'm even more creeped out that you don't know."

"Why," Pam asked, "was I eating it?"

Lana shrugged. "No idea. But half the office are chowing down on weird stuff."

Just then, Cyril walked by. He glanced in and waved, a bottle of ink hanging from his mouth.

"See?"

4. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: Broken Bow
    Fandom: Doctor Who
    Doctor: Twelfth

As this new man stared at her, she found herself distracted by the fact he wasn't wearing a bow tie anymore. She could've sworn he'd been wearing one when she'd come in. Had he taken it off and she completely failed to notice? Or had it vanished when he regenerated? Could clothes regenerate?

"Miss Oswald!" he snapped. "Why are you staring at my neck like some kind of vampire?"

"Sorry," she stammered, forcing herself to look him in the eye. "Doctor?" she asked hesitantly. "Is that really you?"

"Oh, for ****'s sake! Were you always as thick as horse ****?"

5. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: The Rules of the Game
    Fandom: Firefly

Kaylee frowned. "I'm not explaining this right." She looked to Simon for support, but he just folded his arms and grinned.

She groaned in frustration and tried to plunge in again. "If your cards add up to a prime number, then-"

"A what number?" Jayne wondered.

Before Kaylee could explain, Mal walked into the dining area. "What's going on?"

"Kaylee's trying to teach us a card game River invented," Wash told him.

"Crazy Girl created this?" Jayne yelled.

Simon said, "When she was five. But don't worry; if this is too advanced for you, there is a simpler toddler version."

Moonspun Dragon and DarthRelaxus like this.
  6. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    I loved the Firefly one - of course she invented it when she was five. [face_laugh] And poor Jayne. :p

Moonspun Dragon likes this.
  7. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: Death for Breakfast
    Fandom: James Bond

Plates and silverware clattered to the floor as Bond fell forward onto the table, hacking and clutching at his throat. The chef stepped forward and asked, "Are the pancakes disagreeing with your English palate, Mister Bond? Or is it my secret ingredient, the neurotoxin that is even now shutting down your nervous system?"

With one last powerful cough, Bond launched a chewed wad of food across the table. "Actually," he said, only slightly hoarse, "it was because your food is just too dry." He stood up, drew his Walther, and shot the man dead. "I award this restaurant zero stars."

8. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: One in Ten
    Fandom: Star Trek

Captain Kirk dropped to one knee and thrust his hands forward. "You can't do this!" he pleaded. "There are two hundred souls aboard the Enterprise, men and women with hopes, dreams, loved ones!"

The godlike colossus smiled. "I shall spare your crew. Wait, all but a tenth."

"I," Kirk said, "don't understand."

"I will decimate your crew. Select the twenty who'll die. And the three I already killed don't count."

"I see. Mr. Spock, how many security officers are left?"

"Sixteen, Captain."

Kirk turned back to the giant. "Couldn't we at least count two of the men you already killed?"

Moonspun Dragon likes this.
  9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Dr. Who [face_laugh] Yup, I can understand her confusion, and his reaction - I guess regenerating makes you extra! snippy. [face_laugh]

~~~~~~

Trek
    LOL & =D= That is so what Jim would say! [face_love]

10. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Thanks.

Title: Dresses for Successes
    Fandom: Darkwing Duck

Darkwing studied his reflection in the mirror. If he didn't know any better, he'd swear it was an attractive woman in a long dress and fetching bonnet looking back at him. "Darkwing Duck, you are truly," he cooed, "a master of disguise."

"You ready, DW?" Darkwing turned to see Launchpad coming toward him in a floral summer dress.

"Launchpad, what are you doing in that outfit?" he demanded.

"Same as you, going to check out this cheap apartment downtown in a building that only allows women," explained Launchpad.

"First, we already have a house. Second, I'm going undercover. Alone."

"Ah."

11. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: Class and Classification
    Fandom: Community

The young woman at the registration table held out a name badge and said, "Here you are, Mr. Pelton."

"Please, call me Dean."

She looked back at her list. "But your name is Craig."

"Dean is my title," he explained. "I run a major institute of higher learning. It's not that deanficult to understand."

She didn't seem to notice the attempted pun. "My university has a president," she replied. "And a chancellor. And a board of regents."

"Well, Greendale's a community college, so they mostly just have me."

But her attention had already moved on to the next Dalmatian fancier.

12. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Poor Pelton. No respect :p

13. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Thanks. The next day - I'm about two weeks behind on posting - I wrote another Community drabble.

Title: History of the Future

Annie sat by the office window and watched the freshman Genetic Engineering students trying to drag their giant lizard across the quad. As they passed the Pelton Memorial Fountain, the creature smashed it with his tail.

She was about to call maintenance to have another one brought up from storage when her comm chip buzzed. Her robot secretary's voice said, "Dean Edison, your husband's here." Annie perked at the thought of seeing Jeff; she couldn't hide her disappointment when Abed entered.

"Dreaming of Jeff Winger again?" he asked. "It's okay if you were, since this is your dream. Right, Leonard?"

14. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] I'm still on the first season, but I actually think the idea of Annie and Jeff is adorable :D (Almost as adorable as Annie and Troy.) And I love that it's Abed interrupting in her dream!

15. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: Chuck vs. the Triple Word Score
    Fandom: Chuck

Sarah grimaced. "Will you excuse us?" she asked Ellie and Devon. She came around the table, grabbed Chuck by the ear, and dragged him from the room.

Devon wondered, "Should I play my word now or wait?"

Chuck shook off Sarah's grip. "Ow! Why'd you-"

"Because," she interrupted, "you're cheating! You're using the Intersect!"

"I am not!" he lied.

"You think I don't know exactly what it looks like?"

"Fine," he conceded, "but I'm not doing it on purpose. The Intersect just comes on every time I look at the board. Why'd my dad even program in Scrabble strategy, anyway?"

16. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: Five from Six
    Fandom: Star Trek

"This," Khan yelled, "is Ceti Alpha V! Ceti Alpha VI was... wait one moment." He stepped away, then turned back. "If you thought this was Ceti Alpha VI, then where did you think Ceti Alpha V was?"

Commander Chekov glanced over at Captain Terrell before saying, "We didn't look that closely."

"But surely you can count." He grabbed one of Chekov's hands, splaying the fingers. "This," he said, "is five." He grabbed the other, forcing one finger to point out. "And one makes six. Do they not teach counting at Starfleet Academy?"

"We," Chekov admitted, "may have been somewhat drunk."

Moonspun Dragon and DarthRelaxus like this.
  17. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: Southern Discomfort
    Fandom: Get Smart

The chill Antarctic winds seemed to slice right through 99's heavy coats and strike against her skin. "Chief," she whined, "why couldn't we do this experiment in the safety of CONTROL headquarters?"

Just then, Max emerged from the tent, wearing Bermuda shorts and sandals. "Morning, everyone. Who's up for a little swim?"

"Not right now, Max," said 99. "Chief," she whispered, "are we sure this is safe?"

"Don't worry, Professor Schimmler explained that it was all perfectly fine," the Chief assured her.

"Schimmler? But wasn't he a KAOS spy?"

"Well, yes," he admitted, "but this was before we learned that."

18. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Brilliant :D

19. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Thanks. I'm skipping a few others to post my (first?) response to the new prompt challenge. "Falling" was the theme.

Title: The Situation of the Gravity
    Fandom: Doctor Who
    Doctor: Fourth

Leela raced along the corridor's ceiling and vaulted over the short section of wall that was normally above, but was now below, the doorway into the console room.

"Hello, Leela," the Doctor said from above her. She looked up to see him standing, impossibly, at the console, examining an open panel.

"How," she yelled, "are you still on the floor?"

"The TARDIS's gravity seems to be somewhat individualized," he explained, nodding past her to where K-9 was rolling along the wall. "I should have it fixed soon."

"What can I do to help?" she asked.

"Be careful how you land."

20. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    I like how literally you took the prompt of falling here - that was just brilliant. I loved the last line in particular, it was the perfect way to cap the drabble. [face_laugh]

=D=

21. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Excellent response to the prompt! I love how the Doctor is s casual about her just being upside down :p

22. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Thanks, both of you. Now, where did I leave off?

Title: Inhuman Reproduction

Dean Pelton barely glanced at the small, white object. "Do I even want to know how that just happened?" he asked. Before anyone else could interject, he answered his own question, "No, we'd all be better off not thinking about this."

"Greendale, home of intellectual curiosity," quipped Jeff under his breath.

"I want to know!" Ben Chang yelled. "That thing came out of me! You bet I want to know how that happened!"

The dean scoffed. "Really, Chang? You're a middle-aged human male who just laid an egg. Do you think that can possibly be a sign of anything positive?"

23. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Can't think what might've inspired this one. [face_whistling]

Title: Secrets and LIEs
    Fandom: How I Met Your Mother

Barney slid into the booth. "Best day ever." He barely paused before continuing, "I'm glad you asked, Lily. I just scored a primo assignment at GNB."

"Doing what?" Lily wondered, her first actual words since Barney's arrival.

"That's not important. It was between me and Mayweather, but he got stuck on the Long Island Expressway for six hours because of unscheduled construction. Which I had nothing to do with." He grinned mischievously.

"Barney," Robin said, "you don't have the authority to block off the LIE."

He scoffed. "Please. But I may need you to testify to that in court."

24. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I love Barney :D And this fits him to a t :p

25. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: In Too Deep
    Fandom: World of Warcraft

Around Ironforge, productivity had dropped, and the Council wanted to know why.

"Apparently," Falstad explained, glancing over at his fact checker, "the gnomes have come up with this new form of gambling called a pool. It lets a large group of participants compete."

He continued, detailing how the betting system worked. At the moment, the most common pools were about the more vicious and frequent battlegrounds in the ongoing war against the Horde.

"What can we do about it?" asked Moira.

He held up a sheet of paper. "I thought we could get one going here among the Council staff."