main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Multi-Fandom] It's a Drabble! (12/31: "The Giving of Thanks" (Guardians of the Galaxy))

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Admiral Drabblar, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Admiral Drabblar

Admiral Drabblar Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 2, 2014
    Thanks. And what she said about Max came right from the pilot. When they met, she was wearing a chauffeur's uniform, complete with hat but was still very clearly Barbara Feldon. A couple stops into their investigation, after a near-death experience, she took off the hat. His immediate reaction? "You're a girl!" Within a few seconds, they were both leaning in for the kiss. Really.

Title: The Very Hungry Caterpillars
    Fandom: Locke & Key

Bode Locke found his sister studying in her room. "Kinsey! Kinsey! You know that key that looks like it has a caterpillar on it? I found the door it opens!"

Kinsey glanced up from her textbook and screamed.

Seconds later, their older brother Tyler rushed in. "Kinsey, why'd you- Bode! What happened to you?"

Bode repeated the explanation, adding, "The door was too small, so I just stuck my head through. Why? What's wrong?"

"Wow, Little Guy," said Tyler, "your eyebrows really grew!"

"They're massive!" Kinsey agreed, chuckling nervously. "I thought for a moment there something was eating Bode's face!"

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  2. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: No Place Like Home
    Fandom: World of Warcraft

Three orcs stood at the top of the ridge. "Warchief," said the eldest of the three, "do you think the valley below us would be suitable for us to found our new city? I fear the terrain may be a bit hostile, but-"

Thrall turned to his elderly comrade. "Are you sure you don't mean the natives? The terrain looks anything but hostile. Tell me, what is the name of that human settlement down there?"

"That, well, that is called Stormwind, I believe," answered the third orc. "It appears we got turned around slightly while at sea."

"You don't say!"

3. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: Reversed Polarities
    Fandom: Doctor Who
    Doctor: Twelfth

The Doctor pulled over the console mirror and stared at her reflection. "Have I regenerated? If so, why do I still have the attack eyebrows?"

"If you regenerated, so did I."

The Doctor spun around and peered at the man at the bottom of the stairs. "Clara?"

"I was when I went to bed last night," he replied.

She nodded. "Fascinating. If you need me, I'll be in my bedroom. Don't need me." She ran from the room.

"Aren't you going to fix this? Hold on, what am I saying? Doctor, I'm going too! I mean to mine, not yours!"

Sith-I-5 and Admiral Volshe like this.
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_rofl] Oh that woohoo! Begs to be a short story. [face_batting] Whether they stay reversed or not [face_laugh]

5. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    [face_laugh][face_laugh] Oh my goodness, that was the best. I loved every word of it. :p

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  6. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Thanks.

Title: Steam Heat
    Fandom: 30 Rock

Steam rose from grates running the length of the block, obscuring half the sidewalk in a thick mist. When a shape loomed out of the cloud, coming right at her, Liz actually jumped back. A second later, she recognized who it was and tried to feign nonchalance.

"Jenna," she said in a way that almost didn't sound like a suppressed scream, "what are you doing out here this time of the morning?"

"Since that restraining order said I'm not allowed to use the saunas at my gym - or anywhere else - for six months, I've been coming here every morning instead."

7. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: Rumble and Scrum
    Fandom: Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

"Constable, do you know," asked Dr. Bashir, "what a rugby scrum is?"

Odo nodded toward the heap of wriggling bodies in front of them. "I'm guessing it looks something like that."

Chief O'Brien interjected, "No, that's just a dogpile. Are they attacking somebody?"

One broad stun blast later, and the pile was silent except for a low whine from underneath. "Could someone help me out, please?" Quark begged.

Odo didn't move to help. Instead, he asked, "Quark, why were these men attacking you?"

"They lost their holosuite rugby match and blamed me!" Behind Odo, Bashir turned to O'Brien and grinned.

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  8. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: City in the Sky
    Fandom: Doctor Who
    Doctor: Third

Sarah Jane peered out through the window at the swirling gasses that made up the atmosphere of Hroldon. "This whole city's really some kind of blimp?"

"An airship, yes," the Doctor responded, subtly correcting her. "It's one of thousands, tens of thousands even, traversing the skies of this planet, never stopping."

"But you said there were over two million people in this city. How can you have an airship that big?" she asked. "Aren't there size limits to worry about?"

"It's easier to be lighter than air, Sarah," he explained, "when the air is as heavy as what's out there."

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  9. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    That sounds like a very cool world!

10. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I too love the world-building here. How fascinating! [face_thinking]

=D=

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Huh? [face_laugh] Fascinating =D=

12. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Thanks.

Title: The Killed Joke
    Fandom: Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars

Sparks turned toward Croach, who was riding alongside him. "Okay, okay, I got one. Two dinosaurs walk into a bar."

Croach didn't bother facing him. "I have heard of these Earth dinosaurs," he replied, sounding the word out slowly. "I did not think they possessed the mental capacity to visit such an establishment."

"They don't. This is a joke. So they go in and one-"

Croach listened for almost three seconds before interjecting, "Does this bar have an artificial intelligence?"

"No. Will you let me tell it?"

"Is the punchline that they are extinct?"

Sparks mumbled, "Maybe."

"I thought so."

13. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] Poor guy :p Having your jokes cut off is the worst!!

14. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Nicely accomplished, Admiral.

15. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Thanks.

Title: Hard Landing
    Fandom: Back to the Future

The moment he felt the time machine touch solid ground again, Doc swung the steering wheel hard to the right; with one swift jolt, the wheel snapped right off its column. In the panic of the moment, he let go, and the wheel fell down beneath his seat. Now without any way of controlling the vehicle, Doc just sat back and held on.

The car spun, flipped, rolled, and eventually settled into a small ravine. Once he was sure he wouldn't die, Doc pulled himself free. When had he ended up?

"Doc," Marty explained, "you were gone maybe three minutes."

16. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    [face_laugh][face_laugh] Well, there are worse places to be, that's for sure. :p

Another fun drabble. =D=

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] I guess there won't be any more time hopping until the wheel is fixed. :p

18. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] Well, if the car is having trouble, at least the present is the best place to get stuck!

19. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Thanks.

Title: Jitterbug
    Fandom: Firefly

"It's nice to have dreams and aspirations and all," said Mal as calmly as he could. "But I just don't think that now's necessarily the best time to be pursuin' 'em." He leaned around the barricade and fired a couple more shots at Pryce's men.

"I can't help it. All I can think right now is that I have to dance!" Zoe popped up, pirouetted on the spot and leaped across to the next bit of cover. Miraculously, no shots hit her during this, and she ducked back down safely.

"You see?" she asked, genuinely worried. "Why'd I do that?"

20. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: Beach Blanket Battle
    Fandom: Get Smart

The Chief leaned against the deck railing of the yacht and finished his instructions to the agents on the island. "At the end of each hour, you shall gather on this section of the beach and you shall vote for one of your number to be banished from the island! Each agent voted off shall stay here on the yacht until this contest is over! The last remaining agent shall fill in as Chief during my vacation next week!"

"That was supposed to take a lot more than the one hour," he groused.

"We all knew 99 would win anyway."

21. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I loved this one. Of course she pulled off the win. :p

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Awesome! 99 should be chief all the time [face_laugh] [face_mischief]

23. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
  24. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Thanks.

Title: In Every Family
    Fandom: 30 Rock

"Lemon, every white person in America," Jack said, "has an elderly relative who doesn't believe that we have a black president. It's practically a legal requirement."

"I don't think that's accurate," she muttered.

Two short, sharp knocks. Pete opened his front door to find two small men in narrow ties waiting on the front stoop.

"Peter Hornberger?" the man asked.

"Yeah?"

One man pulled out his clipboard. "Your Uncle Raymond passed away this morning."

"Really? Did that old racist leave us something?"

"He was your last living relative to believe President Obama was fictional. You'll need to come with us."

25. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: Opposite Day
    Fandom: Back to the Future

"This is super heavy, Doc." Marty paused and asked, "Is it still right to call you Doc?"

"And why wouldn't it be? I'm still Doctor Emma Brown. My Marti calls me Doc all the time."

"Your- Is your Marti a girl?" he asked. "Is everyone the wrong- I mean, the opposite gender to my timeline?"

She snapped, "How can I possibly know that off two data points?"

"Right. What about my parents, George and Lorraine?"

"Georgia and Lawrence."

Marty shuddered. "Freaky. Biff Tannen?"

"Buffy Tannen."

"What about my girlfriend Jennifer?"

"Still Jennifer," she answered. "Why are you grinning like that?"