main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Multi-Fandom] It's a Drabble! (12/31: "The Giving of Thanks" (Guardians of the Galaxy))

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Admiral Drabblar, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Admiral Drabblar

Admiral Drabblar Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: Overview of Offspring Ostracism
    Fandom: Community / Castle

"Do you think," asked the man calling himself William Winger, "that my son Jeff will ever want to see me again?"

The second man, who had been masquerading as another Winger son, continued packing. "After that performance, I wouldn't."

Winger smiled. "Good."

"If you don't mind my asking, Hunt, what brought on this sudden desire to get closure with all your kids, anyway?"

"I'm not getting any younger," Winger, or Hunt or whatever, said. "And the thing with Rick in Paris wasn't exactly about closure, you know. Now let's get going. We still have three or four left to see."

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] That would be SO funny -- Castle and Jeff as brothers!

3. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    I'm somewhat surprised that I didn't write that back in March, after the episodes aired (ten days apart).

Title: Rainy Days and Power Plays
    Fandom: Pinky and the Brain

Pinky sat on the sill and watched the rain lashing against the window. "Brain," he asked, "could tonight's plan to take over the world be something that we can do without going outside?"

Sarcastically, Brain replied, "Oh, of course, Pinky. I'll just scrap my clever idea to-" A loud roll of thunder shook the lab. "All right, fine. Do you have any suggestions?"

"Perhaps tonight, we can try to take over the World... of Warcraft. Narf!" He added, "I heard some of the scientists talking about it."

"That's a video game," explained Brain.

"With 'World' in the title. See? Ooooh."

4. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] I can see Brain wanting to dominate the game once he started :p

5. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    I wanted to write this pretty much from the moment I saw "Night of the Doctor" back in November.

Title: The Unending Night
    Fandom: Doctor Who
    Doctor: Eighth
    Spoilers: "Night of the Doctor"

The Doctor held the cup before him. "Charley, C'rizz, Lucy, Tamsin, Molly. Friends, companions I've known, I salute you." After a moment's pause, he added, "And Mary. Samson and Gemma. Sam Jones, of course, and Fitz, other Fitz, Compassion, Anji, Trix. Miranda.

"And Cass, I- oh! Izzy! Fey, Kroton, Destrii. Who am I forgetting? I know there's someone I'm forgetting! Right! Stacy and Ssard! I was at their wedding! Is there anyone else? I'm sure there are more, but I-"

From outside the cave, Ohila yelled, "Get on with it!"

"Fine! Physician, heal thyself," he muttered before taking a drink.

6. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    [face_laugh] That was quite the laugh! And let me tell you, this was just what I needed for this morning. Just - every word of this, awesome. =D=

7. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Thank you.

Title: Long Time Gone
    Fandom: Red Dwarf

A light shone directly into Dave's eyes. "David Lister," a voice intoned from the darkness, "do you know where you are?"

"It's Dave, actually, and the last thing I remember, I was fixing a dispenser on six."

The voice said, "You are in a part of Red Dwarf where no human has set foot in decades."

"'Decades'? Why don't you come right out and say it's been three million years?" asked Dave.

"What? Really?" The light went out, and Dave heard something scurrying away. A few minutes later, it scurried back, and the light snapped on again. "Wow, who knew?"

8. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: The Unbreakable
    Fandom: 24

Jack Bauer smashed his fists into the tabletop. "Talk!" he screamed. "Where's it going to be?" He leaned close and yelled the question again. He kicked a chair across the interrogation room so hard it caromed off two walls and almost hit him on the second rebound. "You will tell me what I want to know!"

Tony's voice over the intercom interrupted a particularly intense and profane threat involving bamboo shoved under fingernails. "Jack, it's time to give up. I don't think this mime's going to say anything."

"We need to know where that birthday party is now!" protested Jack.

9. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Skipping ahead again to post a response to the theme challenge.

Title: For Give and for Get
    Fandom: When Things Were Rotten

Robin sat alone at the dining table, wearing a green visor as he examined the giant ledger laid out before him.

"What are you doing?" asked Renaldo.

"I'm going over the accounting for the last fiscal year," Robin explained. "This column here is everything we gave to the poor. This column here is for everything we got from the rich."

"I get it. This column is for give, and this one is for get. But why is the 'get' column so much bigger?"

Robin said, "We do have to keep some for expenses. It's right there in our theme song."

10. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I am not familiar with this fandom, but I once again love your play on words. [face_laugh] Very clever. =D=

11. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    1975 TV comedy about Robin Hood, created by Mel Brooks. I've heard rumors he later revisited the subject. If you watch the theme song on YouTube, it'll tell you all you need to know for this drabble. Anyway, this one should be more familiar

Title: Zero for Two
    Fandom: James Bond / Pinky and the Brain

"From where I'm standing," Bond yelled across the vast chamber, "you're just another madman with a delusion that he can take over the world!"

"Then perhaps you should stand closer, Mister Bond."

Bond strode over, every footstep echoing loudly. Only once he got within a few yards did he realise his mistake. "Ah."

"Exactly. I'm not a man at all but a mouse in a giant mechanical suit," the mouse explained. "Also, most would agree that my associate, Pinky, is the mad one."

"I'm not mad!" protested a second mouse. "I'm happy! Happy! Narf! Can we kill him now, Brain?"

12. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: Dread on the Water
    Fandom: The Princess Bride

One day, eleven years into their marriage, an urgent question suddenly occurred to Buttercup. "Westley, darling, when you were away at sea, did you kill a lot of people?"

"Hundreds. It's to be expected when one is the Dread Pirate Roberts, you know."

She asked, "Were they all bad?"

"As in evil? Very few, I should think. Does that bother you?" he wondered.

"No," she admitted, "but it does bother me that I'm not bothered, if you know what I mean."

"If it helps, I haven't murdered any innocents in years."

"No!" she screamed. "Please don't stop on my account!"

DarthRelaxus likes this.
  13. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] What a bloodthirsty almost-princess :p

14. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: Ted Talks
    Fandom: Airplane! / UFO

In retrospect, Ted thought, maybe the message that came over the PA at O'Hare wasn't quite, "Will Ted Striker please pick up a mauve courtesy phone?"

"Colonel Straker," a British voice said, "we don't believe that the crash landing that's shut down the airport was part of an alien plot to stop you flying out with the prototype. It really was just some idiot."

"Hey, who are you calling an idiot?" yelled Ted.

"Oh no, not again. Sorry, wrong number. No speaky da English."

Colonel Freeman quickly set the phone down. "Ayshea," he said, "let's never mention this to Ed."

15. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: Josiah's Desires
    Fandom: Doctor Who

Josiah Dogbolter sat behind his desk and fumed. He grabbed the nearest underling and asked, "Have you seen the Doctor and his erstwhile companion, Frobisher?" He threw the man to the floor and turned to the others performing various tasks around his office. "Has anyone here seen them yet?"

The fallen underling climbed unsteadily to his feet. "Not to the best of my knowledge, sir," he stammered. He staggered away from the crime lord for a few steps, then ran.

"Are you sure? He's some kind of large, bizarre creature!" explained Dogbolter, yelling after him. "And Frobisher's a giant bird!"

16. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: The Wrongest Door
    Fandom: Get Smart

"I haff no idea, Schmart," Siegfried insisted, "vhere zhis Galvamagnetron is."

Max's gun didn't waver. "I don't believe you."

"Believe vhatever you vant!" yelled Siegfried, refusing to rise to the bait. "All I know is zhat it absolutely, positively is not behind zhat door marked 'Very Top Secret'!"

"Aha! Now I know exactly where it is!" Max declared as he headed toward the wrong door.

"No, zhe next door over, dummkopf."

Max immediately made the correction and strode through. As the door clanged down behind him, he realized he'd stepped into a KAOS trap. "That's the third time this week!"

17. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: The Oozed
    Fandom: Star Trek: The Next Generation

The Away Team stood within the circle of pattern enhancers, unable to move anything below the neck. A large, amorphous form, oozed back and forth before them, as if pacing. "Captain Jean-Luc Picard," cooed the figure, "as I live and breathe."

Commander Riker laughed, just once. "Fine, I don't actually breathe, as such," the being admitted. "But I definitely count as a living entity."

"Then you're only one for three, I'm afraid," said Riker. "Captain Picard is still on the Enterprise."

The creature stopped moving. "Ah. I thought the captain always beamed down. That's what the Kirk's leadership manual said."

18. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: Power Dynamics and Public Discourse
    Fandom: Community

Dean Pelton shoved aside a red satin curtain and flipped on the classroom's normal fluorescent lights. He immediately regretted it; the sickly white glare did nothing any favors, least of all the pasty Brit on the bed.

"Professor Duncan," he snapped, "we've had seventeen harassment complaints! What on Earth is going on?"

The professor handed him a memo. "I'm only doing what you told me to. 'The Teacher Becomes the Stud.' I presume I'm just supposed to sleep with these women and not impregnate them."

"Clearly that last word got cut off. Did you even try reading past the title?"

19. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: The Score Loser
    Fandom: Police Squad!

Frank hadn't been undercover like this in years, but he thought he could remember how it was supposed to go.

He leaned against the bar, the elbow of his leisure suit completely unaffected by the beer puddle it was in. He nodded to the bartender, a young punk covered in tattoos and piercings.

"What can I get you, gramps?" she asked.

"Know where I can score some E?" She didn't reply, so he tried, "How about X? Maybe some Molly? Or that MDMA stuff?"

She said, "Those are all the same thing."

"I guess you're quite the expert, aren't ya?"

20. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: Knowing in the Dark
    Fandom: Batman

Barbara closed her eyes so he couldn't see her rolling them. "You know, Dick, sometimes you can be a real..." She trailed off.

Without looking, and even though his laugh echoed off the cave walls, she still knew just where he was and could tell he had stopped just beyond her immediate reach. He said, "You got stuck trying to think of a different word to use there, didn't you?"

"Just for a second," she admitted. "Jerk."

He laughed again and stepped closer. "Don't ever tell him I told you," he whispered, "but it's happened to Bruce once or twice."

21. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: The Repair Bill
    Fandom: World of Warcraft
    Spoilers: Siege of Orgrimmar

"We should kill them all now, while we have the chance!" hissed Jaina. "We must wipe the Horde races from the face of Azeroth! Let's exterminate the-"

Varian cut her off. "No. We are not going to commit genocide. We're better than that." The other Alliance leaders nodded in agreement.

"All right, fine. I have a compromise," she offered. "We'll let them live but demand heavy reparations, really punitive levels that destroy their economy and turn them into an embittered permanent underclass."

Varian considered this. "Yes, that's much better. I don't see how that plan could go wrong at all."

22. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: Only Mostly
    Fandom: Firefly

Shepherd Book peered down at the barely recognizable - and barely conscious - figure slumped in the chair before him. "Jayne Cobb," he tutted. "You are completely wasted, aren't you?"

Jayne slowly opened his eyes and looked up at Book. "No. I'm not com-"

He turned to the side and leaned over so that his head was hovering mere inches above a small bucket. For about thirty seconds, Jayne didn't move or speak.

Finally, he stopped leaning over, sat up straight in the chair, and continued, "-Pletely anything. I'm only mostly wasted, which is like being a little bit sober. I think."

DarthRelaxus likes this.
  23. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: Grounded
    Fandom: Frozen

Hans stalked across the courtyard, glowering. He hadn't really expected he'd be thrown in a dungeon; he was still a prince, after all. But this, being "grounded" for five years, never allowed to leave the castle grounds, was just as bad.

The worst part was his brothers' reaction. Instead of ridiculing him, they immediately declared his scheme brilliant and raced out to try it for themselves. So while they roamed far and wide, clumsily wooing every eligible princess (and some ineligible ones) in the known world, he was stuck here, practically alone.

Life, he mused bitterly, could be so unfair.

24. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Only Mostly - I loved that little moment. Oh Jayne. [face_laugh] :oops:

Grounded - It's rich that he thinks five years being 'grounded' is unfair after everything he did. :p His brother's reactions were amusing though. Oi vey. :rolleyes:

25. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Oy very, twelve older brothers trying the same thing? I feel sorry for all those princesses!