main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Multi-Fandom] It's a Drabble! (12/31: "The Giving of Thanks" (Guardians of the Galaxy))

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Admiral Drabblar, Jan 3, 2014.

1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    How very Batman-like -- take them down and disappear into the night.

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
  3. Admiral Drabblar

Admiral Drabblar Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 2, 2014
    Thanks. I wrote this right after the challenge went up, but I've been too busy to post.

Title: Mommy Combat
    Fandom: How I Met Your Mother

Lily slammed her hand down hard on the coffee table. "I can't understand why you would think such a thing!"

"Because I know you're wrong," Tracy said.

"I'm not wrong," insisted Lily. "You are! And until you admit that, I don't know that we have anything more to discuss."

"I guess we don't."

"And yet, kids, they kept right on arguing, for what seemed like hours."

"If I may interject," Robin tried.

"NO!" both combatants screamed. Robin retreated, joining the men and kids hiding in the kitchen.

Marshall asked, "Any idea what our wives are arguing about?"

"Not a clue."

4. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    [face_laugh] That was an awesome snippet. And a great way to use the prompt. =D=

5. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] I can totally see Lily having a mommy fight :D I love that she and Tracy are close enough to do that!

6. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Thanks.

Title: The Teammate
    Fandom: Seinfeld

Kramer burst into the apartment. "Jerry!" he shouted. "We're teaming up!"

Jerry looked at the heaping spoonful of cereal in his hand. He then ate it and chewed slowly before he replied, "You and me?"

"Ha, good one. No, I mean me and the greatest living hero in this city," Kramer said. "Who'd you think I meant?"

"Still no idea."

"Spider-Man! I'm talking Spider-Man, Jerry! Do you have any idea how many times Spider-Man has saved this city?" asked Kramer.

Jerry nodded. "Where did you meet this alleged Spider-Man?"

"Times Square," Kramer said. "He was talking to Cookie Monster, and-"

DarthRelaxus likes this.
  7. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: Unlocked
    Fandom: Star Trek

After a long moment, the lights flickered back on. Captain Martel turned to his first officer... and paused. He'd been wrong, he realized; something had changed. Her head was completely hairless. Even her eyebrows had vanished without trace. He glanced around the bridge and discovered that all the women had suffered this fate, while the men's hair remained unaltered.

"What's the matter, captain?" she asked. Her scream seconds later told him she'd spotted the problem. "Juan?" she squeaked. "What is that weird, stringy stuff coming from the men's heads?"

Or maybe the issue was slightly more complicated than he'd thought.

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Oooh, looks like the men didn't come off better after all. :p

9. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] What craziness 8-}

10. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    This is one I wrote a couple weeks back for io9's Concept Art Writing Prompt. Usually my responses aren't fanfic, but this prompt - which can be boiled down to two words - really screamed out for something like this crossover.

Title: In the Shade of Evil
    Fandom: Jurassic Park / Resident Evil

Doctor Malcolm's hands never paused as he spoke. "Yes, under John Hammond, InGen was possessed of a shortsighted arrogance. But it was born of almost a naivete on Hammond's part. Certainly he wasn't an evil man, per se."

In the days since the Costa Rican government's latest blunder on Isla Sorna had come to light, Ian Malcolm once again found himself a favorite of the talk show and cable news circuit.

"It's like," he continued, "they asked themselves who would be the least appropriate company they could hire. 'How about Umbrella? What could go wrong?' Now we know: zombie dinosaurs."

DarthRelaxus likes this.
  11. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: Taking Flight
    Fandom: The Simpsons

Homer stared thoughtfully at the elevator and the "Out of Order" sign hanging in front of it. "Marge," he asked, "is Carl really that close a friend?"

"Yes! Now come on! We're taking the stairs!"

Sometime later, he was wheezing and gasping and clinging to the railing. While he had been using it to slowly pull himself up, now he was just trying not to fall back. He let out a grunt that vaguely resembled, "Marge?"

She knelt beside him. "Yes, Homie?"

Eventually, he got out the question, "What floor does Carl live on again?"

"The second," she answered.

"D'oh!"

12. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    [face_laugh] Now that was an excellent use of the prompt! =D=

13. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    I thank you.

Title: The Power of Will
    Fandom: Doctor Who / Green Lantern
    Doctor: Tenth

The Doctor paced back and forth across the ancient chamber. "I have willpower!" he announced for the seventeenth time. "I've loads of the stuff! I have willpower coming out my ears! Okay, maybe not as much as some of my former selves. The sixth me-"

"Don't confuse willfulness with willpower, Time Lord," said the small blue figure. "And it's not enough just to have willpower; it's the defining characteristic of the Corps. Can you truly say that of yourself?"

"Weeeelll, when you put it like that, not really. But can't I try a ring on for just a little bit?"

14. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] Of course he wants to "try one on" ...

15. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: Invaders from Up There
    Fandom: Pinky and the Brain

"From the depths of space came the invaders. Narf! Haha, Space Invaders!"

"Stop it, Pinky! I shall tell the story! The nefarious extraterrestrial medusoids had subjugated most of humanity within a single diurnal cycle! Since my colleague and I are conquerors of a more strictly nocturnal variety, we didn't discover the dastardly plot until it was a fait accompli!"

The man at the counter looked up from his magazine. "I like the way the other one tells it better."

"Egad! Right, where were we, Brain? Something, something, something, in order to take over the world, first we must save it!"

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Excellent. I truly hope PonyTricks finds this. She has P&B in her siggy. [face_mischief]

17. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: Into the Light of Day
    Fandom: The Warriors

At night, after the rest of New York had gone to bed, the gangs took over the streets and ruled through chaos and violence. And then came the Giuliani years.

Around the restaurant, men and women in expensive suits discussed billion-dollar deals between bites of overpriced chicken. "I really should introduce you to my broker," one man declared to another. "But there's one thing I must warn you about. He's a Baseball Fury."

"Does he still wear the facepaint?"

The man nodded. "Mostly just on the weekends, fortunately." He rose. "Well, I must dash. Gramercy Riffs forever."

"Gramercy Riffs forever."

18. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: Perchance to Dine
    Fandom: Star Trek

Cadet Stiles raced across the quad. Tuesdays were always his favorite days here at Starfleet Academy, and the reason hovered before him. Even from several hundred meters away, he recognized the red pattern standing out against a black background.

The shape wasn't at all unusual; food trucks were common sights on campus. But none of the others had the really good Klingon cuisine, especially since the war began and the embargoes and the general distrust of all things Klingon.

None of that stopped the lines for this particular truck stretching halfway to the science block every Tuesday. Just like today.

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  20. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Here's my response to the challenge.

Title: Open House
    Fandom: The Office

Kevin peered directly into the camera. "At first it really was all about finding a new place to live after I accidentally set my toilet on fire. But after spending so much time with Carol, I think I'm in love. And I know her standards are super low, because she dated Michael for, like, years."

"Kevin!" Carol screamed. "Put your pants back on now!"

"What? I'm wearing boxer shorts! I want to see if I'll feel comfortable in this apartment. Just to warn you, I may not always bother with boxers when we're married."

"When we're what?"

"She dumped me."

21. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    [face_laugh] Another great response to the prompt. =D=

22. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Thanks. When I saw the theme, it popped into my head almost immediately that I could do something with Carol.

Title: Never Seen Before
    Fandom: Get Smart

Max walked around the prototype, leaning in close to examine every panel, every connection, every nook and cranny. Thirty seconds into his detailed search, the Chief moaned, "Max, what are you doing?"

"There's something very familiar about this device," explained Max.

"That isn't possible," said 99. "The professor just invented it this afternoon."

"Tell that to KAOS! They have a device that looks almost exactly like this!"

"How almost?" the Chief asked.

Max pointed. "See that green light? Theirs is blue."

Everyone turned to the professor. "I may have traded a few ideas with my brother, who is in KAOS."

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Terrific. Oh, I can hear the voices of the characters saying these lines. ;) =D=

24. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Thank you.

Title: Jazz Aficionaderation
    Fandom: Community

The others found Pierce already in the study room, sitting back, his eyes closed as music played. "What are you listening to?" asked Jeff.

Pierce didn't even open his eyes. "It's called jazz music, Winger. How can you not recognize it? It's what rock and roll used to be called before-"

"I know it's jazz!" Jeff snapped. "I'm not an idiot! I meant, 'What specific piece are you listening to?'"

"Umm..." Pierce trailed off, not answering for a long moment. And then he began to snore.

Troy quietly raised his hand. "I didn't know it was jazz music," he admitted.

25. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: Alterna-Funke
    Fandom: Arrested Development

Even before he opened his eyes, Tobias realized that Lindsay wasn't beside him. He reached out for her, and a second realization dawned: he'd awakened in a strange bed.

Sitting bolt upright, he discovered he was in a room bigger than the entire model home.

Lindsay, wearing a sharp, conservative suit, emerged from the bathroom. "Did I wake you?" she asked. "Sorry, but I'm meeting the Cabinet at seven. A president's work is never done."

She walked over and kissed him on the cheek. "Dear, today, for once, don't go out on the White House balcony naked. Please, for me?"